Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

I didn't sleep last night and I have classes until 8pm so I wanted to buy two energy drinks.
    When I get to the cashier she tells me "We don't sell alcohol until after 10am", I facepalmed and told her it was an energy drink and she has the nerve to tell me "Even if that's true you're underage so I won't sell you that". And I lost my pomegranate right there.
    Spoiler

I'm actually 24 :( .... or 23, I'm still not sure.

2. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

Moral of the story.. always carry your ID to shut the cashier's mouth next time you want an energy drink. Sorry to hear.

3. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

Reminds me of when I was a senior in high school, and when I went to get lunch, one of the lunch ladies thought I was a freshman and that I didn't belong in that lunch period. It didn't help that I had shaved earlier that day, though.

4. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

as a cashier, if you're unsure if they're legal, always ask.
    that's my general rule of thumb, and it's never steered me wrong.

5. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

Grow a beard?

6. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

Agreed. If I haven't taken action to my doubts as a cashier, I would of lost my job. There are people that look older than 21 and yet, they are underage and tried to buy liquor. Sometimes, I take it as a compliment when people say I look young....but that just means I need to bring my wallet with my ID more often. xD

7. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

It's k. My nearly 50 year old mum looks like she's 20. Doesn't give my dad the best image when he's around strangers or customers.

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

It happens. Just means that you look young.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Even when I let my facial hair grow, I still look about 15.

I once got ID'd to go watch a 16-rated film.
    Being cute sucks.

10. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

I know in some areas, you need to be 16 in order to buy an energy drink (lol), but damn... That's the first time I've heard of outright denial over one.

11. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

I used to have the opposite problem, restaurants were offering me the wine menu when I was 15. :T
    I properly look like my age now.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

proof? :U

and i say that you embrace it while you can if people doubt you're 18/21+, you can simply flash your ID and that's the end of that, but you may get "kid discounts" some other placesor such things.

13. Default I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

I don't get carded anymore, even though I'm still only 20 years old.

But I agree with @MuscleWizard that, as a cashier, if it's ever in doubt it's much better to ask for ID than to not. If you can't produce it, well, tough. It's their job.

14. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

What kind of mid 20's guy doesn't carry around a wallet? You are not a man, you are merely a boy

15. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

I don't get why you are all jumping to conclusions...weird ones. You're focusing on something Idc. I have my IDD with me at all times, even after showing it the cashier refused to sell me the damned thing because, I assume, she doesn't know the difference between alcohol and a pineappleing energy drink. I got it elsewhere without question but I didn't write OP complaining about that.

Just wanted some fun replies regarding my young, young look.

16. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

She refused to sell it to you even after she got your ID? F`uck that b`itch id call corporate

..Then I'd find out what car she drives, then I'd egg it to the point she can't see out of her windshield. then I'd slash her tires while she's in the car, just the back ones, then if she chases me, I'll peper spray her and THEN, drink that energy drink, then spit it on her. Then I'd explain the only way to repent is to join the "renegade knights" or "Church of Khainiwest of the sky", then I'd make her serve me that energy drink everyday while cutting her with ID cards.

....Did I get carried away? I got carried away

17. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

Wow, I'd just really want to beat that dumb peach; not even kidding, especially when you had showed her your ID and she still didn't allow you to buy some.

That's just messed up, how can she not know the difference between the two..? There's no age limit set on them either except for certain areas.

Don't worry about looking young though, that's certainly a good thing. I guess the occassional "not-so-bright" person comes along once a in while.

18. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

What....

There's no age limit for energy drinks here although some stores have decided not to sell them for people under 15 (not sure do they even ask for proof or anything).

I'm 19 and look pretty much like 15 so I see what you mean though. Personally I've found it only advantageous, going for kid price unless they ask about it.

The most unbelievable thing is the fact that she doesn't know the difference of 2 completely different products (and apparently refuses to read the text on the drink). I think she would be fired here if someone heard.

19. Default I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

You should have included that in your OP, because that changes things.

We jumped to conclusions given the information we were presented. You omitted information on purpose and are surprised to hear people take the post for the full truth.

Anyway, yes, she's at fault. You should have called a manager or something.

20. Default Re: I don't even look like I'm 18 :(

You should have bought the same energy drink somewhere else, gone back, and drank it in front of her.