1. Default Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

Basically, I want to get the Emperor's set for my main, since it's the best set one can get without spending money on the game as far as I can tell. But my higher leveled characters aren't good at Azwan soloing because of the enemy HP scaling being too high for unfunded characters (Plus Hero and Mercedes aren't good at mobbing to begin with.), most other characters are 120 and miss too much since the enemies are 140, and out of my four level 100 characters, my lowest leveled characters, my Hayato does well enough on Defend Hard Solo, clearing it in 6 minutes without Link Skills, but he doesn't get any time bonus coins, so I'm sure I can definitely do better than this.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know a good class and level range for optimal Emperor's Coin farming? Have a few character slots I could put to use during the months between now and RED.

2. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

It doesn't matter how fast you clear, despite what it says (at least, I think it says, or implies that finishing faster gets you a bonus), the time bonus is actually a bonus you receive for doing Azwan during a certain time period, which is 8AM to 12PM PST and 8PM to 12AM PST every day.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

The "time bonus" coins aren't for clearing in less time. They're for doing Azwan between 8-12 PST (both AM and PM).

4. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

Xenons are pretty good at soloing hard (which is the best for coins) with little funds. you could also make and keep a lower level character, or make a lv60 character and take some lv40s with you.

5. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

For future reference, the level ranges are:

40-79, 80-119, 120-159, and 160+.

6. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

I hear that luminous totally destroys this area, even under level 100 ones.

7. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

Wind archers do pretty well. Wind Walk makes dodging falling rocks and laser pillars in attack mode pretty easy, and Vortex decimates because of the large number of mobs. It is still pretty potion heavy though.

8. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

Lv60-79 i could solo hard on my lumi with clean basic equips.

9. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

For quick coin farming on my paladin I usually go hard occupy and go straight to blast the right tower under sacrosanctity. One run = 30 seconds, but maybe the 140 lvl requirement for sacrosanctity is higher than you want.

10. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

Soul Masters are pretty good mobbers too.

11. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

my lvl 120 lumi with clean luminous set could beat hard WAY faster than my drk :P yet my drk is kinda funded and my lumi is crap...

pros of lumi: nice teleport, ranged attacks...

12. Default Re: Good class and level range for Emperor's Coin farming?

Basically, my semi-funded Lumi (no NX, just an old player with eq. from here and there over the years) could solo PARTY Hard mode. That was before Azwan EXP was nerfed and in the 13x range iirc. Trick is to bring a Jr. Boogie familiar in and you'll almost never die from normal mobs, and pot very little. DS and DA should do fine in there, BaMs are still ok, and Paladins need a bit of damage in there.

Hadriel

13. Electron Male
    IGN: Nephariously
    Server: Windia
    Level: 219
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Imperia
    usa

This is exactly why I prefered doing Azwan on my paladin as well. Also the hyper skill smite shield would bind the tower, so I'd alternate using sacro/ smite shield. Unfortunately to get both hypers you'd have to be 170. =x