Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Child of Light

Article

Does anybody else think this game looks pretty amazing? The hand-drawn graphics look beautiful, and I love that it's a turn-based RPG. The fairy tale inspired story is also quite a draw, it doesn't look like it's going to be too heavy plotwise.

Also, dialogue that rhymes? badass.

This is one game I'm definitely looking forward too next year.
    Last edited by Razmos; 2014-02-07 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Bump! ~ Bumped!

2. Default Re: Child of Light

oo its very pretty..

I'd never heard of it but now I'm interested. I likes me an RPG.

3. Default Re: Child of Light

Oh my god.
    This looks amazing.

And it's by Ubisoft. Wow.

"Child of Light follows Aurora, a sick child who finds her soul transported to the magical kingdom of Lemuria. Tasked with finding the sources of light and defeating the evil Black Queen, Aurora is equipped with both magic and an epic sword. Accompanied by Igniculus, a helpful ball of light who can be controlled by a second player, the game uses Far Cry 3′s skill tree and a turn-based combat system for a true RPG feel."

"The game is inspired by fairy tales and epic poems (all dialogue is spoken in rhymes) and styled after Japanese role-playing games, with turn-based battles and a skill tree closely resembling what we saw in Far Cry 3."

It's coming out for PC, X360, Xone, PS3, PS4 and Wii U.

EXCITEMENT.

4. Default Re: Child of Light

Holy amazeballs batman.

I've found a new game to fangirl over.
    The art is just fantastic. I don't even care what the game is like I'm playing it for the art and that beautifully voiced trailer.

5. Default Re: Child of Light

I've been following this after reading about it a few weeks ago. It's made with the same engine as Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends (Ubi-art). Apparently the development team is 1/3rd female, which doesn't happen often, so I'm really excited to see what they end up making.

Another Ubisoft studio is also making a game using the Ubi-art engine called Valliant Hearts. It's a 2d puzzle game set during WW1, based on real letters:
    Spoiler

6. Default Re: Child of Light

Thank you for posting this thread. Now I'm interested in this game and I'll probably buy it when it is available. It looks great from the trailer!

2 great games coming out in 2014: Transistor & Child of Light.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    uk

Default Re: Child of Light

I completely agree about the narration. It's kind of haunting in the way it's told like a fairy tale, and rhyming.
    That last part: "beware the night, child of light" just gives me chills.

I seriously hope that narration is in the game, like in Bastion. It would completely fit the art style and theme.

8. Default Re: Child of Light

I'm really impressed, never thought Ubisoft would make something like this. I'm really looking forward to play it (hope it's sells here).
    This reminds me of Muramasa The Demon Blade, the stunning graphics, a story that make you chills and a gameplay somewhat unique that left a mark in your memory.

9. Default Re: Child of Light

I am now looking forward to this game.

10. Default Re: Child of Light

Looks surprisingly good, I think the turn based combat suits it well.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Bumped upon request :D

12. Default Re: Child of Light

Thanks!

Developer walkthrough! Combat system inspired by Grandia 2.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Jesus christ, that music, those graphics.

I was already sold on this game, but wow.

14. Default Re: Child of Light

I agree, the music really wraps things up together. I also like Aurora's animations.

I would've liked to see a bit more of the combat though. The video left me wanting moar.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Instant buy. Love the art and I can't say "no" to RPGs.

16. Default Re: Child of Light

Feature trailer of Child of Light is released along with its release date! Everyone can enjoy the game on April 30th.
    You can pre-order it on Steam by clicking here. Price? $20.

"Child of Light - a classic RPG with turn-based combat, 200+ skills to unlock, and 600+ crafting combinations."

I will get this game and I don't care if the gameplay is short. It's worth the buy already for that price for its art and music alone.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

The trailer looks fantastic! the crafting system looks simple but fun, and the skill system reminds of the License system from Final Fantasy 12.

Usually I would be worried about the lower price tag, but the game looks good enough regardless.

18. Default Re: Child of Light

It looks amazing.

19. Default Re: Child of Light

So, I just found that the game offers a local co-op mode inspired by Super Mario Galaxy.

20. Default Re: Child of Light

$20 pre-order? I'm in.

Can't wait.