IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

Default Self damage potions?

Are there any potions that will inflict harm upon the user?

At Vellum I can rarely activate my Divine Shield unless he starts dropping the green poison attack. Anything that can help me proc divine shield will do. This could be helpful anywhere really.

2. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: oLettuce
    Server: Bera
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Pilllllllllllllow
    Alliance: F21

Default Re: Self damage potions?

Rusellion's potion does constant 50 posion damage, its really old though. It was really fun using those back in the day

3. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

Ah crap I think I finished that questline on my Paladin.

Are those tradable?

4. Default Re: Self damage potions?

You need to check if Divine shield procs on status-induce or damage tick or something, and whether shield charges are consumed by a damage tick or not (I'm guessing it doesn't). If it isn't poorly coded like Lumi's Black Blessing (prior to one of the recent revamps) then maybe it'd be useful.

Hadriel

5. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

Divine Shield procs on anything damage related.

Monster missing me can proc it (even guardian blocks), monster damaging me can proc it, being under the effect of DoT (such as poison) can proc it. I've tested poison activating it at the little poison geysers on the way to Zakum. The initial hit and the ticks activate it.

Google tells me those Russellon's Potion are tradable so I'll do the quest line on one of my characters and see how it goes from there.

6. Default Re: Self damage potions?

Don't Russellon's potions also have a chance to give other status effects? You might not always get posion :L
    From what I've read the quest will reward you 20 of the same type of potion, but there are different types of them.

Using poison ones sounds like a very good idea though, especially once in R.E.D where DS gives that sexy %hpattack resistance.

7. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

Okay.

So I did the quest on my Thunder Breaker and transferred 10 to my Paladin. The first 6 did nothing. The 7th finally poisoned me. Uh oh... is the chance of being affected by these pills based on your own status resistance?
    So I go on my Thunder Breaker which only has 10% resist and test it. Getting poisoned for each one. Must have ate like 13 before I got poisoned. So I cast Seawall bumping me to 40% resistance. Not getting poisoned. Took 4 before it poisoned me.

These are useful. But my own status resistance is hurting my chance of me even being poisoned by the pills . Taking 16 damage from these so I must have 68% status resistance. The other problem is I have to all cure as soon as possible because each poison tick counts against the amount of times Divine Shield can guard against an attack (34 attack lost once I get 12 ticks).

The pills work for what I need them to do. But they aren't the best solution due to the way Divine Shield works and my own status resistance. Just using them for Vellum is probably fine but I'd have to bring a lot just to make it worth it.

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

There's the instant death potion from ToT quest.

9. Default Re: Self damage potions?

Correct. Russellon's potions have like 8 variants or so, they go to different inventory slots. So if you get 20 potions from a quest and the first one gives you poison, so will the other 19.

And yes they are tradable. You don't know beforehand which type they are if you buy them off the FM though.

10. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

The pills are 100% poison though so as long as you don't get the potions and never complete the quest you can stock up on the pills instead if that's what you were shooting for.

11. Default Re: Self damage potions?

Comrade, hanging around with your dark knight friends has a bad influence on you

12. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

Losing 34 attack is a big deal for me And Vellum only attacks once per interval and Divine Shield has a 60% chance to proc. I've failed enough 60% scrolls in a row to know how low 60% really is.