1. Default maplestory suddenly becomes fullscreen

when i mean "fullscreen" i mean the entire game stretches to my laptop's resolution (1920x1080). this happened after i accidentally closed the laptop while the game was open (i was trying to sell something since i would be out for quite a few hours)
    now it's stretched all the way and there are no more black bars????? to be honest i LIKED it the previous way.

i restarted my laptop and it's still happening. the game looks extremely awkward now and horizontally stretched..

if anyone could help me on this, i would appreciate it. a lot. i'm getting irrationally angry playing in full screen. my laptop's screen is so big i get very distracted by the space in windowed mode

2. Default Re: maplestory suddenly becomes fullscreen

alt + enter

3. Default Re: maplestory suddenly becomes fullscreen

hi i am distracted by all the space this causes

Spoiler

this was even resized

4. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: maplestory suddenly becomes fullscreen

So, this isn't "windowed mode"? I still use the smaller res for fb/skype reasons. Other than that, if you like the new res, you shouldn't really complain about how much space it fills if you use "full screen".

5. Default Re: maplestory suddenly becomes fullscreen

he said "alt+enter" which IS windowed mode. this is the largest it will be on my screen, but if i use full screen it's larger and i can read it clearly. i'm showing how much space there is when i'm using the new res (and i can't even use it full screen because of a bug on nexon's part).
    there were black bars on each side (right/left) and they're now gone, making it really oddly stretched and it disturbs me

i'm used to alt+tabbing out of everything so yeah.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Check your Display settings (in Windows). There should be something about "keep aspect ratio" in there somewhere.

7. Default Re: maplestory suddenly becomes fullscreen

right click desktop>graphics properties

play around with aspect ratios and whatnot

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Are you playing on a HDMI tv?
    Say... biogger than 32" ?

9. Default Re: maplestory suddenly becomes fullscreen

my laptop is approx. 20 in x 12 in, so no.

i tried playing around with the aspect ratio settings on catalyst control center, but that didn't work. it did what i wanted it to on a lower resolution but i can't replicate this on maplestory fullscreen.

10. Default Re: maplestory suddenly becomes fullscreen

A little late to the party, but you could try playing with the refresh rates given to you by running Setup.exe in your MapleStory directory. It probably won't do anything as it's likely what I suggested isn't even related to your problem, but hey, it's worth a try.