IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Item drops?

So um...
    When was the last time you saw someone else who wasn't in your party killing monsters?
    And when you saw this, did you happen to notice whether or not you could see the items dropping from the monsters they killed?

Because, at some recent update, drops from monsters killed by other players stopped showing up unless they were in a party with the observer.
    This has a side effect of making the Magic Scales cash item completely useless even when in a party.

When did this happen? Is it intentional? Nexon never told us about this.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Item drops?

Magic Scales are not entirely useless. Without them, the pet won't pick up even party members' drops.
    With them it does... but very very late. About 15-20 seconds before they disappear completely.
    And yeah, they never told us about this. Happened with Unleashed, I think.

3. Default Re: Item drops?

Above is correct. It came with the first Unleashed patch. I first noticed it when my HS mule, who has a looting pet with all the fixin's, couldn't see a single thing that my Xenon party was getting for drops when I added him.

4. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

I wasn't aware of this. While in a party and with my pet refusing to pick up drops, even after I myself was able to pick them up manually, I just naturally assumed that it would never at any point pick them up, and so I just went about manually picking everything up.

Just to remove all doubt though...are you absolutely sure that those drops that were picked up were to drops "owned" by the other player, and not your own?

Also I've been requested to provide some video evidence of this issue, but I can only record up to 30 seconds at a time (free fraps), and I can't even find a willing participant to set up the situation to be recorded. Could you help me out here?
    I will need
    • a demonstration that the drops of other players are invisible when not in a party (have the other player kill and not loot, then form a party and exit and re-enter the map to make the drops suddenly appear)
    • a demonstration that when the "ownership" of the drops expire you can manually pick them up but the pet cannot
    • all the necessary pet equips are worn on the pet

And maybe just hold off on the "fifteen seconds before the drops vanish" thing. It might get misinterpreted.

5. Default Re: Item drops?

Yeah, when I was doing Ellinel on my TB, I had someone tell me "Hey, there's a Knuckler on the ground, take it!", but I had to tell them that I couldn't see it at all until they picked it up and re-dropped it for me. O.o''

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yes. I did not kill anything. I stood with my pet in the middle of a pile of drops from my partymate's kills. Eventually it picked them all up, except for Mana Elixirs which I have on my Item Ignore Pendant. The Mana Elixirs disappeared about 17 seconds later.

I will try to reproduce that experiment while recording.

BTW, as for manual pickup, I'm able to pick up party-member's drops instantly. (Used to have to wait 30 seconds, but not anymore).