Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

It seems to be the latter for some reason? http://en.channel.pandora.tv/channel...prgid=49024745

There's a noticeable reduced delay in that video.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

Dat 1% damage increase

3. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Fun fact:
    it was all a lie

Mechanics might as well not exist at this point. they're useless as pomegranate at ra bosses, magnus, and anything similarly requiring mobility. The only 3 things you can do in siege hovercraft mode is regular attack (similar to tank mode's normal attack), move, and jump. No dash, no buff, no other attacks.

4. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

The Hovercraft seems useless to me. There's no way that the attack in Hovercraft mode is as fast as Siege Mode.

5. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

Technically, it looks like a crappier version of WA's Wind Walk. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjA1OTg0MzU2.html

Yeah, it doesn't look like they're planning on fixing the issues with Mech any time soon.

6. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

Haven't been touched in nearly a year and this is what Nexon presents to them? They're spreading their hate on the Mechs I see.

7. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

I really enjoy the concept of the Mechanic and I really enjoyed the playstyle when making multiples when Character Card stacking worked. It is a shame they can't get any love when their counterparts Wild Hunter get a modest boost and Battle Mages who were already good after the introduction of BKB (during Hypers) get buff after buff after buff. It's starting to remind me of other classes that always seem to get the short end of the stick while a particular class in their group always get buffs.

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I feel like nexon just doesn't know what mechanic's role is, or how to fix their class design failures.

9. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

The last couple of reorganizations seem to prove that.

10. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

What is mechanic's role? This is a serious question. I really don't know what they do for a party other than damage. I mean I guess they have their little teleport pods.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I didn't mean role as in their service to the society of maple world characters. What they contribute to a party, etc. Role is more of what makes them different from every other class. Why they are worth existing as a class.

Party skills at this point, aside from the bishop because they define their role, are chiefly a way to make a class viable to fund. (mobility is in the same category basically)

Basically if mechanics are supposed to be the summon oriented, tank quality ranged class that it is, what upgrades could they get to highlight those qualities? They got a bunch of survivability based buffs in this update, but they were squishy already imo and this doesn't really make them close to paladin tier defense that are required of a tank. Their summons, similarly, are not highlighted as being essential due to the start up costs and lack of major dependance on them for DPS (they do depend on them to be competitive but the impact isn't as high as it should be for such a role). When compared to even my own class where every summon is both a massive boost while also being extremely low start up with some utility thrown in, the summon king title gets overshadowed. That's what i mean.

12. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

imo Mechanics need better mobility and summons that are easier to use.

These are the changes I would have liked. They're pretty simple changes that would fix a lot of Mechanic's problems without a significant overhaul of the class.

Dash: Increase the movement distance.
    Open Portal: GX-9: Should have infinite duration.
    Rock 'n Shock: It's currently impractical at most bosses. It should be changed to something similar to Thief's Dark Flare after RED.
    Acceleration Bot EX-7: Effects should apply to bosses.
    Healing Robot H-LX: Ignore Zombify (Not sure if it already does this)
    Giant Robot SG-88: Needs to be significantly stronger. 1440% damage is garbage since it's delay is 5370 ms.
    Overclock: Delete the cooldown
    Rocket Jump: Decrease the delay
    Satellite Safety: Damage reduction should also apply to %-based attacks.
    Siege Mode: Allow movement and Dash to be used. It also needs a damage buff.

Heavy Weapon Mastery and Metal Fist Mastery could be replaced with more useful skills. New summons perhaps, or more supportive skills for existing summons.

Distortion Bomb: Should not trigger DR. A damage buff would be nice as well, considering that Wild Hunters have a slightly weaker version as a regular 4th job skill.
    Metal Armor: Hovering: This should have been a part of Seige Mode rather than a separate Hyper Skill. Maybe change the effect to one that allows you to soar while mounted on the Mech and also provide a small damage boost.

Move all Rock 'n Shock passive Hyper Skills into the skill itself and replace them with:
    Siege Mode - Bonus Attack
    Siege Mode - Reinforce
    Siege Mode - Boss Killer

13. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

Holy crap. I never knew Giant Robot SG-88 was that painfully slow (slowest attack in the game, maybe?). It's literally 4380 ms delay at faster (3), which is 4.38 seconds to cast.

14. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

Mechs, Buccaneers, Corsairs, all receiving half-assed revamps. I could pull a better revamp out of my ass than this.

15. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

Yeah, but you spend those four seconds mashing the attack button to fill the bar to increase the damage. It's laughable though, because it doesn't even do twice the damage of Laser Blast. The only reason for it to exist is that it counts as a summon (affected by robot mastery's damage boost, but not Amplifier), so it bypasses the damage cap. I don't know that there are any 2m-2m Mechs going "hey look at me hitting ten digits one one hit!"

If I were to do an additonal revamp...

Hovercraft mode should completely replace Seige. Allow seige mode attacks, but also anything Tank Mode can do (laser, placing bots, buffing, etc).
    Change Rock 'n Shock's +duration hyper to adding a new robot instead. Yeah, RnS isn't great for bossing, but it's incredible for farming. Allowing a 4th robot to be placed allows a MUCH better coverage. The +20 seconds can be transferred to the base skill.
    Healing Robot should have the "duck" thing removed. Additional duration and range would be nice on that one too.
    Raise prototype's speed cap to 160%. Seriously, +20 speed passive, +10-11 speed/jump on the Pure Gold Mech Legs, and...still just a 140% cap? Leave tank mode as is (though hovercraft can maybe allow going up to 140% since almost everyone moves at 160+% now), but allow Mechs to do nub mode farming in 160% speed prototype.
    And I agree on Portal becoming infinite. Or perhaps...15-30 minutes?
    Extreme Mech- Gain the effect of preventing all non-resisted transformation/banishing attacks from bosses. However, any transform/banish attack prevented this way "short circuits" the Mechanic for a few seconds, effectively stunning them. The purpose of this is to make it so Mechs don't lose their robot setups from a banish attack or have to go back into tank+seige/hovercraft after being transformed.

16. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

Since when did Nexon care about pirates? Nothing new here.

17. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

i think its supposed to cure headaches and muscle fatigues.

Spoiler

18. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

I actually have one of those on one of my shelves. Works wonders

19. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

To prove this, I'll, in fact, create my own pirate revamp.

20. Default Re: KMS 1.2.201 - MapleStory FLY - Festival

I like to share my own Aran revamp with you