1. Question Changing the default installation directory in Windows 7 through registry changes

I have an SSD as my OS drive, and a much larger 1TB HDD for my general purpose drive. I prefer to keep all games/non-vital programs on this drive (the HDD), but some programs force themselves into the C:\ drive instead.

I've read up on ways to change the default installation directory using regedit. Has anyone else with a SSD done/recommend this?

2. Default Re: Changing the default installation directory in Windows 7 through registry changes

I'm not aware of all of their cons but might you try using symbolic links?

3. Default Re: Changing the default installation directory in Windows 7 through registry changes

Why not just copy your current game directory to a neutral location (I put it on a thumb drive) and then reinstall the game? The installer asks you where you want it to go. When it finishes installing, just take your backup of your game folder and copy it over the new location.

4. Default Re: Changing the default installation directory in Windows 7 through registry changes

game launcher works off the installed directory instead of the directory the application is in.

op, download the installer, it lets you choose an install directory

alternatively download maple through steam, and set up a game directory on the ssd.

5. Default Re: Changing the default installation directory in Windows 7 through registry changes

I said exactly what you said, but you are disagreeing with it...

1) Backup your existing directory (for posterity)
    2) Reinstall to a new location
    3) restore your backup without overwriting (unless you use an installer for an older version)

I have done this many, many times and it works like a charm.

6. Default Re: Changing the default installation directory in Windows 7 through registry changes

ah, must have misread what you wrote. Cheers~