Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Quoted for truth.

The anime itself isn't great but it is entertaining. Kind of like Michael Bay films.

2. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Nanoha (All of them and Movies)
    Monster
    Blue Gender
    Valvrave the Liberator (kappa (google the face(I'm also serious watch it, it's a trainwreck of fun)))
    Madoka
    Fate Stay Night
    Fate Zero
    Steins;Gate
    All of the Monogatari series
    Katanagatari
    Welcome to the NHK
    Upote!!
    Girls und Panzer
    Gintama
    Eureka Seven (Ao)
    Aquarion (Evol)
    Beserker
    Claymore
    HunterxHunter

This list in no particular order.

Also cause i'm a gundam papayagot.

Gundam
    Turn-A-Gundam
    Gundam 0098
    Gundam Seed
    Gundam Seed Destiny
    Gundam 00 (and it's sequal)
    Gundam StarGazer (movie)

(basically all gundams)

Also I'm trying not to laugh at some of your guys taste. Except FoolsLove. His taste is good taste.

Do not watch an anime that has more episodes than you can live in years. Unless you're addicted to it.

Prime Example: One Piece a pomegranate cause it's over 600 episodes. Bleach has more than 200, naruto has more than 400. Etc etc you get the idea. Except Beserker or

3. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Was not planning on it. I would never catch up, and I hate filler (which is why I dropped Naruto).

Does anyone ever read Light/Graphic Novels? Im thinking about reading SAO's since it goes on much farther than the anime.

4. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Make sure to read 16.5. And SAO's Light Novel is 99x better than the anime.

5. Default Re: Animes to watch?

>16.5

oh u

Though Derosis is right, the light novel is light years better than the anime. Although I still quite liked the anime myself. Most light novels are much better than their anime and/or manga counterparts, but you're not going to find very many light novels that are completely translated, or even partially translated. Baka-tsuki is a great site, but it tends not to really have much in the way of full translations.

Also, if you plan on reading the SAO LN translations, do so soon. Baka-tsuki is removing their page once Yen Press releases them in English.

6. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Ah, I have been using Baka-tsuki to read oreim. Do you know when they will be removing SAO? I might just download or copy it if its soon.

7. Default Re: Animes to watch?

No release date has been announced yet, just "early 2014".

8. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Anyone can say that, it's someone who can back it up I'm having trouble meeting

9. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Amen bro.

10. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Default Re: Animes to watch?

well.... let's see...

If you're looking for just a bit of odd but good humor:
    Seto no Hanayome

Next is:

Bit more action... but all lighthearted. Two seasons. Available for free on crunchyroll (with ads bypassable via ad-block plus).
    dog days

I'll leave it at those two for now. If you find something you like/dislike about these, feedback will help me to better tailor my searches through my archives for anime that might fit you.

11. Default Re: Animes to watch?

I read the Index novels.

I've only read chapter 16.5 from SAO.

12. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Oh pomegranate i just bought the first box set...

I forgot about Mawaru Penguindrum for my list. I liked it '^'

13. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Wanting me to destroy your dreams do we?

14. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Try.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Animes to watch?

Not true.
    That was my impression after watching the first episode, but Highschool DxD actually has a really good plot, and a really good cast of characters. Sure it can be pretty heavy on the fanservice, but it's mostly done for comedy and doesn't detract from the plot much.

16. Default Re: Animes to watch?

I guess I'll actually have to lean towards this, with it making to New and everything.

17. Default Re: Animes to watch?

This is very true.
    Actual spoilers

18. Default Re: Animes to watch?

How many times now has it been since Eiichiro Oda has been hospitalized for working on this manga? Twice I think?

At the rate his fans want more of his work, and he loves producing it, which isn't a bad thing, don't you think his health will default at this rate and with the longevity of his anime it might end before it's due time?

I mean hell it's been going on nearly 20 years. I think theres only one other anime I can think of that had this long of a history.

19. Default Re: Animes to watch?

...How exactly does that point to a pomegranate anime? Even if he was to die tomorrow, there's currently 16 people who cannot only draw it, but have access to the entire story. The illness isn't even anything to worry about because he got some nasty throat infection that simply persisted.

Yeah, 20 years of growth, but it takes you less than a month to read. I say that because by the time you're through the chapter with chopper you're WANTING to catch up. How many anime's do you also know about that have books written by uni professors trying to figure out why it's so successful?

If you want to a quick short story, that's fine but one piece is it's own novel, a story you grow with, that you get attached too because of the detailed world building that no other manga even compares. It has this light hearted attitude with spikes of bad assery, where the philosophies they throw at you, such as slavery, world government corruption, the meaning of freedom, don't make you think, they make you feel those view points. The best way to describe it, Goku was a naturally naive/silly protagonist, although luffy has that same nature, he has this more instinctual method of pushing his emotions. He doesn't try to justify his goals beyond short term simplicity. He doesn't have to give any long speeche's, just quick short liners about how he just has to kick your ass.

Then One Piece doesn't deal with silly romantic tensions, they don't deal with the morality of whether they kill their enemy. When they defeat them, they break them, they break their ideology, they don't have to take their life, which brings so much depth to so many characters. It isn't "Oh, this isn't my final form" each villain has an advantage to his own, one that isn't simply "I over power you". It adds even more depth to the combat, even the female's in one piece aren't useless, in fact Robin is pretty goddamn broken.

But the one thing I love about one piece the most, is the foreshadowing. The ultimate goal is to become pirate king, yet a battle, 100x greater than even the Whitebeard war, at the summit, where luffy's strongest ability is turning everyone around him friends. Where usopps lies turn into truth throughout their adventures, how the void century is the key to it all, and lastly, that there is no good or evil, just freedom and peoples perspective to honor it. Ultimately, luffy doesn't want to conquer the world, he doesn't want riches, he just wants to say "I'm the Pirate King, and I can do what I want".