Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Thanks for all the replies! I have the bad(?) habit of marathon watching episodes until i need to go to class or something, but I'll give most of these a shot. Ill probably end up watching the shorter ones first and then move on to the longer ones. Ill save the longest (like One Piece) for summer or something. There are so many animes out there... and my friends seem to really like recommending the ecchi ones

2. Default Re: Animes to watch?

trust me I have your problem with everything I do. I tend to go at things until the very end so really long mangas or anime take up way too much of my time :P. Ecchi ones tend to be quite humorous

3. Default Re: Animes to watch?

It's like he 's staring into your soul

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Animes to watch?

that's the whole reason for season 2. season 1 is so you grow to like the characters. the ending is terrible however, and requires that you go and find out what the hell happened.

5. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Slice of life comedy and possibly some action?
    Hataraku maou-sama. (Fish-out-of-water comedy, slice of life and every now and then some action)
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga pomegranateai! (Somewhat slice of life, a lot of comedy and some romance)
    Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san (Gag-humor following a set of characters, episodes are short compared to standard length)
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. (Slice-of-life following a pessimistic guy and him being forced to help others in a school-club)

Are some that i'd recommend that have aired recently.

6. Default Re: Animes to watch?

I just watched all of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt today. Its 3am. Help me.

So, i looked up some top anime lists, what do you guys think of those (sorry if some of them have already been suggested, ill try to not repeate ones that have been mentioned in this thread or are on many lists) Exculding anything that is over 2 decades old or has hundreds of episodes.

In no order:
    K-ON!!
    A Certain Scientific Railgun
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    Steins;Gate
    Highschool DxD
    Cowboy Bebop
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

And because it is 4 am, ill just post links and go to bed.
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...t-anime-so-far
    http://www.imdb.com/list/Xkud5BuJuX8/http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ings-anime.php

All different types of lists.

7. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Only one I can comment on is cowboy bebop. It's more of a serious kind of anime delving into strong themes but a good watch. It is quite actiony and can be a bit bloody but not too much. Others I haven't gotten around to but I've heard good things.
    Looking through the lists I see many have already been mentioned. The movies are usually really good as well.

8. Default Re: Animes to watch?

I recommend watching A Certain Magical Index before A Certain Scientific Railgun. They both have SoL/comedy and action, but Index focuses more on the action while Railgun focuses more on the SoL/comedy. A lot of the blood and gore has been toned down for the anime (there are very graphic descriptions of injuries in the light novels), and Railgun S used scenery and mosaic censors for one instance of a limb being ripped off (this happens during one of the darker arcs).

Watching them in the order that they were released (there are two seasons for each series so far, or four in total) is probably best. Otherwise, you will experience drops in quality (they were animated several years apart from each other), among other things that I can't mention too much about without spoilers. You can potentially ruin the story of Railgun S without watching Index first, and the some of events in Railgun S can give a few scenes of Index III (if they're ever going to adapt it) a bigger impact.

Toradora was pretty enjoyable for me, and Cowboy Bebop apparently has a very good reputation. Another anime with similarities to Cowboy Bebop is Samurai Champloo, which I also enjoyed. Gurren Lagann is a mecha anime, and Highschool DxD is just a lot of boobies. Puella Magi Madoka Magica... it's not what you expect.

9. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Just cutting out the stuff I haven't watched

Railgun is pretty fun to watch, but its sort of only 'half' the story, the other 'half' being A Certain Magical Index, so I watched them one after the other. Railgun season 1 doesn't really relate to the arcs in RailgunS or Index1/2 so its relatively contained.

I had the unfortunate idea to pull an allnighter watching Madoka the night before half yearly exams, felt depressed all week but I did surprisingly well in all subjects (except physics).
    Try to avoid spoilers otherwise it won't be nearly as good as its meant to be, it turns dark pretty fast and has more than one twist.

Cowboy Bebop was also good (see 2nd post above)

As for the others I've also heard good things from people about them.

10. Default Re: Animes to watch?

...you call that girly?

You clearly haven't watched some of the girlier anime.

Like Kimi ni Todoke, or K-ON!. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

@Niernen; Madoka is dark. You might not like it very much.

Most of the anime I'd recommend have already been mentioned unfortunately, so the only one I can bring up is Shin Sekai Yori, but even that kinda split the viewers into ardent fans and haters. It's also kinda dark and gloomy.

11. Default Re: Animes to watch?

I honestly don't recommend Madoka. It's basically one of the most overrated anime to ever exist, not kidding you. I watched all of it when my girlfriend asked me to and it's incredibly disappointing. Most of the episodes are just them meeting up with each other and talking about the most uninteresting BS. There were maybe 3 episodes that had any action in it. It's not "dark" whatsoever, I promise you. It's not dark, or violent, etc -- it's just bland. It tries too hard to focus on the characters but the characters honestly don't have any interesting personalities. It's supposed to be this pseudo-serious anime too so don't expect any comedy from it. If you do end up watching it try not to expect very much since the hype played it up WAY too much. It was popular in Japan because of the female characters, and unfortunately whatever is popular in Japan is inherently popular here in the anime/manga subculture since there's almost this hivemind.

Also, Basilisk is probably too violent and stuff now that I think about it. There's also some nudity and whatnot here and there.

12. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Seemed dark enough for me, and besides Neirnen hasn't watched much anime before so he's probably not as jaded as you are

13. Default Re: Animes to watch?

I'm jaded, how? Thinking something is pomegranatety =/= jaded. Of course it's my opinion, just like others have their opinions that it's actually more than somewhat decent to watch. That's why I said if they do end up watching it not to let the hype influence them or they'll probably be disappointed. Most hype for it was just greasy otaku reaching out to grab that blond girl's giant breasts, or peeking under her skirt.

14. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Yuru Yuri (both seasons) and Lucky Star are the 2 Slice of life anime's that I've enjoyed the most.
    Yuyushiki isn't too bad either. I've tried watching Nichijou and didn't get into it, same with Daily Lives of High School Boys but i'll try sticking with that one for a few more episodes.

Shame you don't want gorey ones because i loved Another so much lol, its like final destination in anime form.

15. Default Re: Animes to watch?

For thinking it wasn't dark. I really don't care about the rest of your post in regards to hype and how it was for yourself and that's why I only quoted that line.

The way I use jaded is generally when someone is exposed to things to the point where it just gets boring/bland for them, it was a joke and I'm sorry you didn't get it ;-;

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i found the characters annoying (mainly madoka) and the designs horrible almost to the point of not watching the series, but even so i think you missed the main point of the series, which is the deconstruction of what it means to become a magical girl. this is what the dark thing was.

17. Default Re: Animes to watch?

Friend of mine who got me into anime even more so than before said it kinda sucked so it definitely isn't on my high priority list to watch.
    I forgot to add
    Mohou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
    Mohou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's
    Mohou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

The first one is stupidly slow till last couple episodes but the other seasons are pretty good as the pace considerably picks up.

Still I highly recommend Kore wa zombie desu ka? It's just great.

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Gintama's pretty good.