Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

1. Default Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

The one we all wish we had in 2008, when MW20/30 cost at least twice as much as your mortgage payment for that month.

I've been making up odd magic spells in my head for no reason whatsoever, and I've been doing this a lot when I'm all out of things to think about. I thought I would turn it into a silly game.

If you like, you can be as creative and as imaginitive as you want. This is the place to throw out any brain-floaters running around in your head. Your ideas can be MapleStory-themed or not, but since I assume that's the one piece of knowledge everyone has in common around here it would make sense. Water > fire, fire > ice, etc., but there are absolutely no limits as to what elements you want to make up. The one rule is simple: Make up a spell that counters the above poster's spell.

Example:

A: "Fire Arrow" - Conjures a flaming bow and slings a burning projectile at an enemy. (Fire)
    B: "Riptide" - Blasts enemies with damaging waves of water. (Water > Fire)

Have fun, and I'll start:

Conjure Light - A blinding flash appears at the caster's hands, disabling nearby enemies. (Light)

2. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Manifest Darkness - drains the area of light and uses its energy to damage the enemy. (dark)

3. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

The problem here is that we will never escape the Light/Dark cycle.

4. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Absorption - Absorbs raw energy and converts it into spiritual energy (elemental potential).

5. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

And yet, if you think outside of the box, that isn't a problem.

Equilibrium Field - Call upon Mother Nature to balance all natural forces within the designated area, nullifying elemental damage for a period. After this period, the field explodes with neutral force, dealing damage to all those inside. (Neutral)

6. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

End Designation - Stops time from flowing at any point in the timeline, and any following events from that point will have yet to happen (time).

(once you eliminate the rock-paper-scissors by introducing neutrality, it's just going to escalate wildly from there)

7. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Think outside the box. Lightning and fire both create light.

8. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

I forgot about this thread until now. We're off to a fast start, it seems.
    Augment Flux - Electron flow in a target field becomes superluminal (and thus supertemporal), penetrating all targets in range. (Electric)

Science, bitch.

9. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Cryo-Genesis - A beam of sub-zero energy bursts from the heavens, raining down onto target area. Everything touched by the beam is chilled to Absolute Zero, rendering all movement impossible, even at the atomic level. Frozen status lasts for five seconds, and a damaging "frostbite" status remains for ten seconds afterwards. (Ice)

10. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Plasma Flare- A stream of over-excited particles engulf your enemy, dealing burn damage over time. (Only castable during ''Caffiene'' buff period.)

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Doom and Gloom - Blasts the enemy with dark power, enemies hit are inflicted with an aura of depression, slowing them down and anything in the area around them.

12. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Bad Egg Cannon - Draws on negative magical effects around the vicinity of the caster, which is then combined and shot out as a beam of dark energy in the direction of the caster's choice (dark).

13. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Goody Two Shoes
    - Kicks the foe with a giant holy stiletto. 69% chance for the victim to become fabulous.

(Holy)

14. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Pestilence Guard - Creates an armor around the user making it immune to becoming fabulous. Lowers agility. [Poison]

15. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Purifying Mist - A sobering fog engulfs the area around the caster. Removes all active buffs and debuffs from self and nearby allies and enemies. Also leaves a refreshing orange scent. (Water and citrus)

16. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Bug Me Not - Protects the caster from debuffs for 30 seconds. [Bug] (Ben ninja'd me)

It's Electrifying! - Generates a dome of lightning about the caster, shocking all foes within 10m. [Electric]

17. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Magma Chamber - Burns through protection type skills, leaving the foe burned. Caster must recharge for one turn. (Fire)

18. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Animus Vis - You become enraged and thrive in malice. Dark energy preys on target enemy, stealing health and exhausting the target. Does additional damage if the enemy is debuffed, but does heavily reduced damage if the enemy is buffed. (Dark)

19. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Stonehenge: Entraps the enemy in an inescapable prison made by the enemies of time itself. [rock, time]

20. Default Re: Grendel's Ancient Spellbook

Improbability drive: Alters the odds of an outcome to make them unpredictable. [time, space]