Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

Spoiler

Didn't bother to cross reference with GMS names. Have fun figuring that out yourselves.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

=o Summon Reaper Buff's a toggle now? Very nice, considering that its always had the shortest duration time.

I'm not sure what to think about Big Crunch Aura, it sounds like Body Boost, except you're only giving it to your party members, instead of only giving it to yourself? idk

I'm very interested in seeing Battle Spurt in-action.

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

"Armored Crimson", eh?

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

So Mech Dash becomes FJ, lmao.

Is it possible to use Siege Mode in this new Hovering Mode, and can you move with it? That would be pretty insane.

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

Siege Mode is called Heavy Machine Gun in Korean.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

Didn't Ishtar's Ring just get buffed to 300% or so?

.....And it's getting ANOTHER buff?

Good time to be a Mercedes, although I've kind of abandoned mine, even though she's my highest level character and all.

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

I see, thanks! Great day for all Mechs with the improved mobility.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

B>Korean name of skill to GMS.

But that being said,
    >mobile Siege Mode

9. Neutron
    IGN: Hayandra
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 2xx
    Job: Sharp Object
    Guild: PrettyPantys
    Farm: Dereliction
    denmark

Reactive armor HP buff and damage decrease made passive. I need this.
    Mech dash FJ. I need this.
    Siege mode hovercraft. OH LAWD, I need this.

10. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Aran was left out...

L> double jump for Aran seriously nao

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

There's always the other patches....right? Besides, they said Heroes, Resistance, Cygnus and Nova...There's three parts to this....Then again.. (Make the combo system awesome please.)

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

I hope BaMs get some animations even cooler than the ones that they had in the last revamp before it was tossed out.

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Good thing i don't main any of these classes because i would be pissed.

14. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Given that these changes appear positive... I assume you would be pissed because it's only a number tweak (small buffs everywhere) instead of an actual revamp like the explorers?

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

Bowmaster Arrow Platter still does NOT ignore Reflect? Fail patch
    /end thread

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

It doesn't need to be a full RED revamp. If any class got something like that so soon after it would undermine what explorers got.

However, this patch doesn't exactly add anything majorly innovative mechanically in my opinion. Mechanics and WH got some mobility options (plus options that we've never seen before), which were needed (especially mechs), but don't exactly appear to be as helpful as it could be. Those two classes seem to get revamped less than anyone else so i don't think this is enough to put them in good spots as characters.

For example, wild hunters can move backwards while attacking forwards if i understand correctly? I understand why that makes sense given the jag, but i can't really see where it would make such an impact that it would change the course of a battle significantly.

17. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Moving in siege mode (depending on the speed) will be amazing. Especially if "backing up" while still shooting forward is possible... that'd be awesome :D.... probably wont happen.

Other changes... yeah I guess I can see that. But as you said... if they added in majorly innovative mechanical changes... that'd be too close a RED level revamp... so by your own statement, they would kind of NEED(?) to keep it low key for now.

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Not really. RED level revamp basically reinforces a characters strengths and weaknesses. Every class in RED had major holes plugged (bucc mobility, cannoneer committance, I/L uselessness, hero DPS, DrK's role in general, etc), while giving them all advantages that make them viable without being easily outclassed over time, on top of adding "flavor" through upgrades that were never before seen (DrK's encouraging death, ultimates giving vastly different effects on cooldown, bowmaster arrow switching and arrow platter turret, marksman buff strengthening based on damage dealt, bishop support in general, etc etc etc). Not to mention hypers being reworked. The free job system makes the entire update because updates to one class are no longer irrelevant to someone who doesn't play that class as long as they're in the same branch.

These classes are basically getting the left overs. Obviously they don't need a full reimagining but given this is another tier 1 update or whatever i expected a bit more surprise.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

Is claw cut the hp draining move? If so, why does it have to knock mobs bacckkk :<

It would be so much better if it didn't, and I would love noxen forever if they made that change

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.489 Skill Patch Notes

Having finally seeing a video, it looks a little disappointing. One additional transformation (so now you have the animations of regular mech, tank mode, seige, and finally hovercraft) basically just gives you tank mode's 120%/100% movement ability. You don't get to fly at all, or use Laser Blast (although I think Distortion Field may be useable for 170+ Mechs...the video only showed a 150). You can move through your portals if you set them beforehand, which makes for some quick escapes or faster returns after a super KB, but you can't drop robots in seige/hovercraft.

I'd personally make it so tank -> hovercraft was one button+animation, and hovercraft would adapt seige mode normal attacks, effectively replacing it. Then allow laser blast and setting robots and anything else available to regular Missile Tank mode.

Also, the seige mobility fixes one bossing problem for Mechanics, which is dealing with OHKO attacks that need to be avoided. Now we need to address the other two- transformation and banishment (I'm looking at you, Ms. Empress). Banishment for most classes is a mild annoyance. To a Mechanic? It makes all your set robots go poof when you leave the map, including your +30% damage Amplifier field. Transformation skills are also an issue because of the animation required to go back into tank and then seige mode (and now into hovercraft). By the time you're done with all that, you barely have a moment to attack before something else happens.

So, to fix that, I think the Mechanic 150 hyper should have a passive ability that safeguards against any unresisted banishment/transformation attack. But instead of giving Mechs a total free pass, have it "stun" them instead by causing a temporary short-circuit issue so that they lose some time from being affected by the skill, but aren't totally boned by being such a setup-dependant class.
    Last edited by ZeekFox; 2013-09-07 at 10:39 AM.