Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Just a thread for whatever e-sports related news pop up in dota2.

I'll start out with:

Good luck winning the laning stage against the team with probably the three best solo players in the game.
    The potential this team has is insane, i really hope they make it work. This could easiy become THE team to beat in the coming year.
    Last edited by Malthe; 2014-01-19 at 08:10 AM.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Everybody is currently going: omg roster changes from teams everywhere!

BREAKING NEWS FROM NA'VI: XBOCT NOT PLAYING WITH NA'VI

http://navi-gaming.com/news_show.php?news_id=13746

Xboct is actually taking a one week vacation, same with Funn1k in a week as well. There'll be subs for them. We're not doing any roster changes.

Stay classy, Na'Vi.
    ./fanboy

3. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Well, there has proven to be some communicational problems in the new na'vi team. But yeah, they wont be changing anything yet, it seems they want to try and fix their internal issues first and then play together before deciding if they have to maybe replace Kuroky.
    I love kuroky but if it could mean that AA returns to na'vi i'd be thrilled honestly.
    AA is hands down my favourite 5 position player of all time.

But we'll have to see, seems they'll stick together for now, which is good. Trying to solve the problems a team has is the way any team should try to handle internal issues.
    Just look at how Zhou parted with iG, chuan tweeted "Good bye burden" kind of cruel.

4. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Really?
    Kuroky is one of the best Rubiks I've seen

5. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Pretty much, but if the team has internal issues it doesn't matter much.
    Hopefully they can fix it, because kuroky is a great player. Albeit he needs to play less greedy and buy a bit more wards than he does currently, IMHO. Na'vi is sometimes blind when they could've had wards.

6. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

I really really like DK's new roster. I hope that they get along and make everything work because they have awesome people there.
    I'm glad for all of them. Envious too... what I would give to live in a house like that PLAYING games!!

7. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

IceIceIce is also SO pineappleING GOOD, people just never realized it before the 1v1 championship at TI3.
    This guy's individual skill is through the pineappleing roof, and with this caliber of team i think there's a good chance their MVP will end up being IceIceIce.

He pretty much won that rapier throphy relatively easy.

8. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=429594

Well THIS was very unexpected.
    Regardless, pretty cool. I wish the best for the team and i hope they do well.
    May EE-sama have mercy.

9. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

I just like that team because of SingSing.

10. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

I like it because of Sing and Aui now, don't care much for the other players and i've always disliked EE a bit.
    But eh, i'll cheer for them as long as they're not playing against new DK or Na'vi :P

11. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Roster changes ahoy
    http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/20...main-on-liquid

RIP Stache-doto
    Spoiler

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

So guys, anyone watching the Star Ladder matches? I'm checking them out once I found out Na'Vi and Alliance are there, and this team named Power Rangers caught my attention. They managed to beat both Na'Vi and Alliance. Alternatively, Na'Vi had such a powerful stomp against Alliance. For once, having Io on Alliance's side did NOT guarantee them victory. Also XBOCT Troll Warlord was a sight to behold. Alliance is still one of the top teams in that tournament, but it's still something to see them get beaten by a lesser know team (to me at least), and see them do so bad against Na'Vi. But then again, Loda wasn't there for those two games, and someone named "Black" took over the 1 position.

Videos are all on https://www.youtube.com/user/joinDOTA?feature=watch

13. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Source

This is really good news for dota's growth in korea.
    Can't wait for the korean casting:
    Spoiler

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

Such a classic already. Shall be remembered for the years to come, unless Korean casters manage to out-funny this.

Elder Titan + Medusa picked up by Liquid. People thought Liquid was crazy. This Elder Titan play vs Alliance. THIS PLAY. FIRST BLOOD + TRIPLE KILL ELDER TITAN HOLY SH'IT! Alliance lost so hard this game. Next level picks.

15. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

In equally big news:
    MLG announces 150k USD tournament at MLG anaheim. 4 qualifying tournaments before the finals in anaheim with 15k USD for each qualifier.
    A total of 210k USD.

More information: http://www.gamespot.com/news/dota-2-...m-2014-6415165

Cool stuff, dota seems to finally be growing in NA. Let's hope this pays off for MLG and they want to do more dota stuff.

16. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Excited for the MLG announcement. But what came about the NEXON thing? I heard that Europeans are all up in it.

17. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Currently Nexon is running a sponsor-ship cup where they essentially help the team that wins with finding a sponsor.
    After that they'll host a really big tournament IIRC, in which a lot of european teams might want to participate due to no restrictions on who can enter and a HUGE amount of money at the end of it all.
    Oh and some teams are considering going to korea to play in the OGN stuff as well.
    If Korea gets a few tournaments running there'll be a good reason for teams to go there to play and train, and playing against the best might help boost the koreans. Because they're currently not very good, it'll come though. But experience is very key in dota, experience and synergy.
    Still hoping we get to see one or two good korean teams at TI4.

http://www.joindota.com/en/news/1246...s-off-tomorrow More info here

Even more info: http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/20...-play-in-korea

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

I'd love to see the Navi/Alliance of Korea. Will make for super exciting times.

19. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

Can't wait to see Alliance take on DK. On one hand, Alliance is a team that is very organised and systematic, with plays focused on taking one objective at a time. On the other hand, DK is a team that is just bursting with individual talent that have somehow managed to blend together well so far (see WPC Ace League). Really looking forward to the clash of the two different styles

20. Default Re: Dota 2 e-sports and stuff

The thing is, I think DK can play Alliance's style too and be successful at it. They've been playing a lot of different things and stomping with every thing they try.
    It will be a really interesting match to watch.