Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

The problem with 1/1 battles is that venusaur will always have the advantage with access to it's powders and leech seed.

2. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

Thick fat is awesome, but i'll miss chlorophyll.

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

The way Serebi worded. If I get Poke Bank for free, I get with it the Poke Transporter app at no additional cost.

Poke Bank costs 500 yen a year, while Poke Transporter doesn't require for me to keep buying Poke Bank?

I am okay with this, if I understood it correctly.

I am guessing we will get MEGA evolutions for ALL starters now.

4. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

"Pokemon Bank can store up to 3k Pokemon."

Seriously, who ever needs that much room to store Pokemon. D: I don't, so I won't get the service. I'll take advantage of the free month though in order to transfer all of my Pokemon over from B2. xd

5. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

I want my mother pineappleing Mega Typhlosion NOW

6. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

Just watched the whole thing. Here's my thoughts:

Pokemon Bank: Great, at least I know I'll be able to transfer all of my Pokemon that I've had with me over the years to X and Y. Along with that, not being able to send illegal Pokemon, since the Pokemon Bank and Transporter will block illegally obtained Pokemon from being uploaded to the Bank or to move those Pokemon between Boxes. That's nice for most I'm sure. Annual fee? Meh, if it's like $5/year I wouldn't mind for the service, I'd use it for something I'm sure.
    Kanto Starter Pokemon: I'm happy that we'll be able to get them, but now we'll have 3 starters. Not complaining though, definitely looking forward to their mega evolutions.
    3ds xl bundles: Beyond happy we're getting these. The red one is nice too, and it's nice (to me anyways) that they don't come with a digital copy of the games. Now the question is if Gamestop is doing pre-orders for them...

Edit: Called Gamestop about the xl's, they don't even know about them, and she thought I was talking about the 2ds... Will try again later/tomorrow.
    Edit #2: It's on Gamestop's website, but the stores around me don't have it in their systems yet, so I'll try tomorrow to pre-order.
    Last edited by Crowhogan33; 2013-09-04 at 06:17 PM.

7. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

So there was a new pokemon in the direct, it was in it for under a second, if you watch the direct on youtube you can spot it around 15:11.
    Spoiler

8. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

I wonder if we'll get anymore weather starters. Mega Charizard is cool having drought and all but stealth rocks pineapple him up so i'd rather have Ninetails as a sun starters Another hail starter would be nice as well.

Not liking the bank because i cant transfer illegal pokemon. I do a lot of online play where everyone uses Pokegen to make pokemon. I guess i'll stick to pokemon showdown/pokemon online so its not that big of a deal, i can understand why they'd implement that feature though.

9. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

That's assuming that they actually found a way to stop that, and that people don't find a loophole or a way to pass it. They've tried stopping it before, haven't quite succeeded yet.

10. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

I seriously doubt they have managed it. I don't see how you could tell the difference between an legitimate pokemon and one that's hacked with valid stats/moves/capture location, etc.

11. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

Me neither, currently the data files for a legitimate pokémon and a copy of said legitimate pokémon are 100% the same, regardless of the duplicate obviously now being an 'illegitimate' pokémon.
    Obviously this requires the people creating the hacked pokémon to know what they're doing(Not that it's hard) because even with valid stats/moves/capture location there are small things that could still be noticed.

But yeah i doubt they'll have found a way to detect well-made illegit pokémons.
    Doesn't matter much to me, but i'm definitely interested in if they've found a way to stop it, and i want to see if people will be able to find a way to abuse the bank thingy, since it's online.
    Or maybe people will 'reverse-engineer' it(couldn't think of a better word) like they to an extent did with the GTS.

12. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

At first I thought it was just Mega absol, but that one doesn't have the fabulous hair.

13. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

@Lozmaster;
    @Malthe;
    @HeroDDC;

The big issue isn't valid places, the game doesn't recognize or care if you caught celebi on route 2. What they are weeding out is the people who know how to do secret ID's or not. It's harder because you never really know the code is working right because people are ambiguous with it. Although with all of the new easy EV training, the only reason you'd want to hack a pokemon is just to make it shiny :|.

There are a few pokemon I have hacked in the past just to simply have them. Such as Shiny Celebi, but that's all I can really remember off the top of my head.

You have to remember this is something that is going to cross over from now on. So it's possible you may end up with that many egg hatching alone haha

14. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

IVs.
    There are people that do it for this reason, not EVs or them being shiny, but perfect IVs.
    Especially when it comes to having the right IVs for hidden power.
    The vast majority of people i know that generate their own pokes do it because of IVs and moves that were event or previous game exclusive. Like extremespeed dragonite.

15. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

Why would they even care if a pokemon is hacked?

If it's a problem with online battling/trading, just check the pokemon when they connect online. Why would they even care about local multiplayer outside of tournaments, where they could just require participants to run a copy of the checking software then and there.

I don't think they even care about hacked pokemon really. This sounds more like an excuse people are putting out to justify a paywall. I'm getting distinct xbone vibes from this, and I don't like it.

Seriously, if nintendo wants to start charging a subscription fee for online features, I'd prefer if they just came on out and said it. But then they'd have to stop this bullpomegranate of local only multiplayer games, like every wii u game they (nintendo) have released so far, and get their account systems into something actually usable.
    I'm sure a lot of people would pay for a nintendo plus equivilant service that gave "rentals" for the period of the subscription, as well as save backups (NOT just moving your pokemon to there and out of your game.

But that would require Nintendo putting effort into developing things and updating policies from 10-15 years ago, and that just isn't going to happen when they're hemmoraging money (despite being ass backwards possibly being the reason)

16. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

I cannot contain the amount of excitement to see Mega Charizard... they took the classic look and made him look like he fits right in.

Purely amazed that they didn't damage the starters final forms but made them even better.

17. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

At least the storage is big, transferring 6 at a time was so annoying, many of my other pokemon are still trapped in platinum or hg cause I just didn't want to trade anyone who wasn't super important

18. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

Wonder why they didnt make mega charizard fire/dragon... seemed like such a good idea...

19. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

Probably because they gave it a boost to Sp.Atk. All of the Mega Evolutions so far are confirmed to have boosted stats, with the exception of Mega Ampharos, who instead gains Dragon typing and has no mention of stat boosts. This leads me to believe that if any other Mega Evolutions gain new typing, they won't gain a stat boost.

20. Default Re: Pokemon X/Y Direct Tommorow (wednesday the 4th) 12PM UK time

But wouldnt dragon typing benefit Charizard more? Loses the crippling 4x weakness to stealthrock (and rock in general). And it just seems to fit the look so much better