Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Cash3 Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

A few character designs:

Link to Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o9/mighty-no-9

--

Insta-hyped for this game. In about 2 days into the Kickstarter they've almost reached their goal of 900k dollars so suffice to say, assuming nothing major gets in their way, this is getting made! The video gave me too many feels... If only I weren't cutting onions while watching it, right..? Nothing to see here just pretending to chop imaginary onions..

Just watching the video made me think of my childhood. Heck, I think it's safe to say that Inafune was by far the largest influence I had growing up to pick up a pencil and draw my own characters. To this day I still can't stop loving designs with bulky arms and legs lmao.

Vast majority of feedback so far has been positive for this title. Hopefully I can donate a bit to try and get some extras of my own!

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

oh god i want, nay, DEMAND this at once.

those milestones are just so good too ._.

3. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Oh my god. You mean I can have my voice in the ending theme song!!??

-I know $1000 is expensive...but a really really rare opportunity like that? Isn't that pretty cheap?-

Kudos for those who set the bar high! Honestly, the highest I would donate would probably be $250.

4. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

I'm HOPING I'll be able to do $60, but if not it may be just $20.

Would love to shell out $250 if I could though.

5. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

yep, this is good stuff. backing it, I hope they're able to fund past $2.5m.

6. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Np about posting it, I really didn't know much info for the title anyway, just wanted to post it and go to sleep.

In one day they got 982k so far, and 10hrs ago it was at 900k

I have a feeling they'll be able to hit whatever they want

I still wish capcom would've let them do what they wanted to do with the games, I'll miss megaman characters. (not sure what exactly happened, guessing inafune left and megaman is capcom's property?)

call's bike looks like rush and omega xis from starforce fused together

the pink robot beside her looks like harp note from starforce but with geo's glasses

and bottom right looks like meddy

Not megaman related, but topright looks like freya from valkyrie profile wearing green to me o - o

feel free to google all of these characters

7. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Looks great, and I like how they want to let the community decide a few things, like an enemy, and Call's design.
    Personally, I'd go with the Pink-Haired one. The other one seems too much like Roll for my favor, and I kinda like the hair-head setup. But maybe a different color instead of that peachy orange?
    I'd honestly like it if the game had a tad of a serious backtone. The whole stage-arenas with tanks already seems kinda like that.
    The whole transformation-thingy seems good. An idea would be that you could, from scratch, have different Gun modes: The normal Buster, the Mini-gun, the heavy blaster, etc.
    This already got some good potential.

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Once 2.5 mil hits up, Capcom's going to have to consider more Megaman.

9. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Backed up the first day.
    Glad to see it hitted the goal already.

10. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Wow, this will probably surpass the Homestuck adventure game kickstarter in funds and I definitely see why.

This is happening and I am very excited! I adore the character designs so much. It's too bad I won't be able to contribute, I definitely would have donated at least $60.

11. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Yeah, Megaman is Capcom's property and Inafune isn't able to gain the rights from them. It's sad too because Inafune created Megaman and has always appeared very passionate about working on the Megaman titles. Even in the video for Mighty No.9 you clearly see that he wishes he was still able to create Megaman titles. Since he can't though he's doing the next best thing which is to just "recreate" Megaman for himself.

12. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Just donated 100$ to the cause. Getting my box and t-shirt in Japanese style box and artwork. I'm glad he is able to follow his dream and I'm glad I'm able to help him.

13. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Just donated as well.

Hopefully we get to see the different designs before we choose which one to get. I'd hate to only be given a Western or Japanese option without knowing which looks best to me.

14. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

I... just... words can't even describe

15. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Oh fuck, the emotions...

16. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

Even without watching the video, it's very apparent that he wishes he could still make Mega Man games. The Logo, the concept art in the page...everything.

I'm definitely going to back this when I get my next paycheck. It's so abundantly clear that Capcom is making serious mistakes by essentially dumping Mega Man in a ditch and leaving him for dead, not just from a personal perspective but by looking how much this project was backed in 3 days.

17. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

I read a comment that put it pretty well. It basically said that it's a good thing Capcom hasn't done anything with Megaman in a while because they don't care anymore. Since everybody has been starved for actual Megaman titles we pounce immediately on the project that's "bringing it back", with a team that actually cares. I mean, whether it turns out great in the end is a mystery, but at least there's genuine effort being made about it.

18. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

@案山子: These are the differences in box art styles for Rockman 2.
    J
    apanese

English

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Tis not about the funds, but the average funds per person ratio.

I'm not sure if I can donate to their cause, but I will buy the game for sure once it comes out on Steam, and on either the PS3 or Wii-U.

*few minutes later* Oh god damn it! I'll donate to their cause, but I need about a week to figure out how much.

20. Default Re: Keiji Inafune's "Spiritual Successor" to Megaman: Mighty No.9 on Kickstarter!

I'm so excite right now that the making of documentary stretch goal has been reached! I remember re-watching the Megaman ones over and over when I was younger. Heck, I watched the Mighty No.9 announcement video at least 10 times and cried each time. Yeah, I cried -- want to fight about it?