1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default The Onion, saying it like it is to its readers.

was thinking whether i should put this here, in current news due to the whole miley thing that caused this in the first place, or just plain-old shenanigans, let's go with here.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/let...nce-was,33632/

people need to realize that it's the people itself that cause this kind of crappy news, because it's what actually interests them for good or for bad. the onion says it quite nicely.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: The Onion, saying it like it is to its readers.

Yes and no.

While it's true that all websites (and TV channels) live on "eyeballs", by that logic CNN.com should have become a tabloid long ago. And their TV channel a "reality show" platform.
    Whatever reasons have kept them serious all these years should still be valid. Different target audience (and different advertisers accordingly), less competition, professional pride, whatever.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

and i agree, however on that same note (at least in the US when i was there and in panama where i live) i've seen a big decline in "serious" notices to open space for this kind of tabloid crap to go on air; slippery slope and all that.

4. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Yea I already knew this. It takes all kinds of people (readers) to help keep these news sites a float. That's why they pack their pages with so much bullshi't along with the actual news.