Thread: A few questions

1. Default A few questions

1. Is the damage formula such that the Angelic Burster link skill (Level 2) ultimately ends up at +5% over its 90 second "effective duration"?
    i.e. Is having +45% damage 1/9th of the time equivalent to having +5% damage 100% of the time?

2. Is there a new drop rate mechanism like how bonus EXP is shown separately from base EXP now? e.g. Could I have a Big Spider, Family Buff, Easter Egg Buff and a 2x Drop coupon going on concurrently and reap the benefits of them all?

2. Default Re: A few questions

No, they cancel each other out since they are all buffs, and it has nothing to do with drop rate mechanisms. The same goes for EXP bonuses if they are buffs.

3. Proton Straight Female
    IGN: WildSunshine
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 224
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: Phoenix
    Alliance: Republic
    Farm: Frecklebury
    usa

Default Re: A few questions

to clarify a little, the drop coupon will stack with any of the buffs, but the buffs do not stack.

4. Default Re: A few questions

Big Spider gives you a familiar buff and I've used it with 1.2x Family without either onecancelling the other, it's hard to say whether or not they stack or if only the highest multipler is applied, hence my confusion.

5. Default Re: A few questions

Just tried it myself and it does indeed work. They must have changed it at some point because I have done it before where the Familiar canceled the family bonus. If they do not get canceled, they stack.

6. Default Re: A few questions

i c

does anyone know the answer to my second question then?

Also followup:
    Spoiler

7. Default Re: A few questions

The only buffs out of the ones you selected that cancel each other out would be Big Spider (and any Drop Rate Increase familiar), and Easter Egg. You can actually have Big Spider out before, and use an Easter Egg after to reap the benefits of both, but once the familiar's buff icon refreshes (or you go into another map/change channels), it overrides the Easter Egg.

8. Default Re: A few questions

(1.45 * 10 + 1 * 80)/90 averages out to 1.05x, but you have to consider your other sources of Total Damage, like Spirit Link, then if you're attacking a boss, you have to factor in your Boss Damage as well since the link itself is just a total damage buff, so it shouldn't be multiplicative or anything....

For example, Spirit Link, you'd get ((1.15 + .45) * 10 + 1.15 * 80)/90, which averages out to 1.2x, but you were doing 1.15x damage already, so the increase is 1.2/1.15, which is 4.3%.