2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

Too bad US courts can't change Ugandan laws.

3. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

No, but we can punish the U.S. citizens that sponsor them, apparently.

4. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

I'm sorry, but that is either the worst thought out or most ironic group acronym in the history of ever, they need to get on that...

Anyway, I was going to say that crimes against humanity is a bit misfitting just for hate speeches...it is a serious matter, but wouldn't this fit under a different category? I'm not actually sure what exactly constitutes "crimes against humanity", I guess I'll go look that up now.

mmm...so I guess this would definitely fall under "(h) Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court". I suppose that's fair, then; seems like he's been doing this type of thing all over the world, so it's good that somebody put a stop to it.

5. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

Anything that is inciting one segment of the population to kill another without provocation is a crime against humanity; It'd be incitement of genocide.

6. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

It's actually a bit more specific than that. Crimes against humanity require the government (or a de facto authority) to be condoning the actions. Random tribesman in Africa killing homosexuals is not a crime against humanity. Random tribesman in Africa killing homosexuals because the government condones the practice (by law or lack of enforcement despite full knowledge of the events) is a crime against humanity. But you guys do have the general idea of it right.

7. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

Perhaps you are not familiar with the meaning of incitement .

8. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

But it's not anything, it is the government or the de facto body that exercises power in the country.

9. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

Perhaps you're unclear on pedantry too. Or context.

10. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

International law is incredibly specific for a reason.

11. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

Yes, but we're discussing something that should already be fairly clear who the subjects are to anyone actually in the conversation. We're also not lawyers and we're not adjudicating the law. Ergo pedantic pointless. You may as well be quibbling over the physics in ice freezing in a conversation about whether or not it's worth putting ice in coffee to hasten it toward room temperature.

12. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

Then again, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. That's why I prefer not to take sides... though in this case the discrimination is absolutely not condonable.

Hadriel

13. Default Re: Pro-Hate Advocate Charged With Crimes Against Humanity

I am okay with this. I think LGBTI people should share the same freedoms that religious people share in the US. Now if only we could see some more human rights action in Syria, Burma, et cetera. So much wrong crap in this world :I