Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

@Niernen; That wouldn't be any fun

There's no real reason they would need to disable Cygnus Knight creation since there's no development going on in the live servers or really any development at all.

There's still the possibility of us getting Balmon's League before CK revamps begin which would explain the delay in disabling creation (for hype if nothing else).

I too am disappointed with the wait...

3. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

Well pineapple me.
    Stop making me wait for that damn revamp nexon

4. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

I've always thought that the closing of character creation was to stop people from making characters right before they're dramatically altered.
    That being said, the CK changes are definitely dramatic, so I don't see why they wouldn't close their creation a few days before the revamp, at least.

Just imagine a beginner who just joined the game and made a CK (since they're labeled as the easiest class for beginners). How odd would it be to make a CK the day before the revamp, and have everything change on you the day after.

Anyways, I'd be okay if they held off until KMS finished the last 2 CK revamps. Especially if it meant the possibility of us getting all 5 at once.

5. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

My guess is that Nexon is going to do a 'back to school' patch since it is the right time of year. Maybe RLH?

I do want the revamps though ._.

6. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

Yup, this is my guess too.

Every single time RLH has ended, it's been on the day of class restriction being enabled/disabled. Was like that after Kanna/Hayato (can't remember, one of the two) came out and the same for Xenon. RLH usually lasts 2 weeks, probably starting Sept 3rd, I'm guessing Cygnus revamp will be the 17/18th.

7. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

Was the hack protection and item recovery system ever added?

8. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

No, because Nexon AM doesn't utilize Social Security, but we did get Item Guards for mesos.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Limited Time Job and Character Release

Lol what. He's talking about korea. Nothing to do with NexAM.

10. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

Oh, I thought he meant GMS at that point.

11. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

You seem to imply that KMS already had it implemented?

If so, I must've missed it.

12. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

In my own opinion, I really would not mind getting the three Cygnus Knights right now (over the course of 1-2 months), while waiting for the developers to finish the remaining 2, and them being given to us after they're finished (directly after our third released knight). But even if not, I would simply want the Cygnus Knights that have been revamped thus far.

Wanting to 'wait until all is completed' is fine; but refraining from giving us the revamp at all is also unfair to those who want to play the new Thunder Breaker, Wind Archer, and Dawn Warrior. The gap in which Cygnus Returns would go would merely be replaced by filler, anyway.
    Last edited by Zerard; 2013-08-22 at 09:12 PM.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

If "filler" includes bamon league, Sengoku Hypers and soul weapons, I would be happy.

14. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

Separate patches just for those three things? I can't say I'd be satisfied with those alone myself, even as I secondary a Hayato. It'd just be another 1-2 months of boredom from an already mentally disappointing summer in MapleStory for me.

In all honesty, I think I'd contemplate quitting. At least until winter.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

While i see your point, you have to bear in mind that the Big Summer Update is over, the next big update is in Winter, so it makes sense the next few patches would be filler.

We are already very nearly caught up to KMS. yes, filler is boring, but at least we have something to look forward too. If we got everything early we would just have filler ALL the time with nothing to look forward too, and that would definitely cause people to quit.

This months Makeover Update is actually pretty clever of Nexon, and an update that no other version has had. hundreds of thousands of free NX given for nothing. while it isn't much content wise, it shows that they are trying and that filler doesn't have to be the same old thing. and with filler content comes new events and new free goodies. Some of the best event rewards we have gotten have been during filler patches.

We also have the speculated masteria expansion that could come in the gap before Cygnus/RED.

16. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

Striker Revamp was like... 7/8 months ago in kms...

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Your point is?

we are likely to get all 3 revamped cygnus at once, and then the only update left is the RED update. So we are 2 updates from catching up, I would call that "very nearly caught up"

18. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

Well I meant that we are nowhere near 'nearly caught up' in terms of... time...
    I've been waiting 7 months for a revamp.
    And now it's probably not going to be released anytime soon.(According to past protocols NX has been following while revamping their classes)

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Time is becoming increasingly irrelevant when it comes to updates. We are getting some things way earlier than others, in different orders ect.

It's a matter of content, not time, as I explained above.

20. Default Re: Limited Time Job and Character Release

I get people want to be prepared and all, but please stop complaining about waiting. NexonNA is under no obligation to release content when you expected or wanted it, or in the order you assume. Yes, we generally get the same stuff as kms (except some events based on local culture and all), but there have been times when they switched up orders or lluped stuff together. Just be patient. They didnt make you wait, you did.