Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...3714269?page=4

So there's no reason to collect unids unless they change this again. They've also removed BoA on transmog.

2. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

New Reaper of Souls trailer. #blizzcon #hype #swag etc
    Looking seriously good. Adventure mode with bounty makes a game have a lot of goals instead of a static run. Nephalem Rifts seem rewarding for the effort and value put in. Finally there's clans, though I personally don't really care.

Meanwhile, at the Mystic
    Spoiler

>Azurewrath
    >One-handed Sword
    >2855 DPS on cold damage alone
    >916 Vitality
    Sure as pineapple is overpowered in here. Any of my characters have around 1k Vit. Seems a bit overkill if they didn't heavily adjust the HP per Vitality and stat gain per level to have an additional ten levels double most people's HP from a single item.
    Anyways, Azurewrath should also roll with IAS as that's one of the classical aspects of Azurewrath, but it seems you can't reroll that? However, you can reroll the Cold Damage, i.e. instead of rerolling a good random affix you can reroll the damage. Cold Skill (which is new) is also new and most definitely a fixed mod. It may just get more randoms now instead of all stat, which would be the vit roll and the slot. Since you can reroll the slot, it implies it's not a fixed affix.

Some hardcore extractions:
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/1053...ta-datamining/
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2013-11-08 at 02:18 PM.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Wow, the video was already taken down due to copyright

4. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

It was only a 1:40 video showing small clips of the features. I'll recap it.

First thing shown was the new UI. On the left pane were Campaign Mode and Adventure Mode, Campaign being the standard Story Mode we play through today.
    • Adventure Mode
    • Map of the Act is given (you can find pictures of these maps in past datamining for Act I~IV, no Act V yet afaik)
    • All waypoints unlocked
    • Select the area on the map to waypoint to it
    • Bounties are given for a specific monster in that map (in the video, it was a purple), it's possible there are other objectives than just ganking one thing
    • Bounties are shown when you mouse over the area name in the map, before clicking it to waypoint
    • Complete the bounty for EXP and Gold like a quest (video shows 350k exp, 130k gold)
    • Nephalem Rift
    • Nephalem Obelisk near the Tome of Identify
    • Open a portal (there's an item requirement which I believe is a random drop, possibly from bosses)
    • Video shows Fields of Misery style map with those stupid trees, but with one of those hammer armed colossus Act IV monsters as a boss.
    • Clans
    • A short look at the Clan UI, sorting members in the list etc
    • Showed a message feed
    • Mystic
    • Presumably an ilvl70 (73?) Azurewrath put up
    • Stats to reroll were shown above
    • Rerolled the 918 VIT
    • Got 916 Vit, 7xx Vit, Cooldowns -8%
    • Cost ~150k Gold
    • Transmog showed a cost of 500 gold for basic item styles, didn't see any Legendary transmog
    Otherwise, there was just some generic Crusader showing off, with its sword hurricane skill prominently being spammed in every cut.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2013-11-08 at 12:35 AM.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

>Azurewrath
    >18% more cold damage

Do I see a rise of Ice Wizards for Reaper of Souls??

6. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

The exponential increase in stats isn't surprising at all, every WoW expansion triples or quadruples the health pools and damage numbers.

7. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

bigger numbers is always fun to see

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Until they start causing server / programming errors due to limitations, like what has happened to WoW now.

9. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Friends and Family Beta started. Media/Community figures got invites, as well as 3000 of the most active players.
    >mfw the only time I've been offline in D3 is because of server maintenance.
    BEING AFK IN MENU IS BEING ACTIVE RIGHT? RIGHT?!?!

10. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

I think a few are streaming it as well on twitch

11. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

I doubt it's "Most active players". I know for a fact Towelliee hasn't touched D3 for months, hell maybe even a year and he still got in the beta.

EDIT: Kripp got into the beta and I've been watching him for most of his streaming time. Really liking what Blizz has done so far. Some of the legendary items he's gotten are freaking insane! He got the "Immunity to Cold and recover 25% of the damage absorbed" ring, but it's apparently causing his game to crash when the effect procs against Frozen rares / champions.

EDIT2: Holy pomegranate that EXP curve. 10x Paragon 100 will only put you at Paragon Level 376 with the new system.
    Paragon EXP Chart: Levels 1 -> 2000
    Last edited by Dark Link; 2013-11-21 at 02:10 AM.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

This was a little over a week ago. Class changes were datamined for all classes.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/47864...-class-changes

tl;dr for Barbarians: Nerfs. Nerfs everywhere. RIP OP Barbs. On the other hand though, Whirlwind now has a legit vac hack rune, and we get a 30 second ultimate called "Avalanche" that has it's cooldown reduced by 1 second for every 25 fury spent.

13. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

They lost permanent WotB and Into the Fray, but like every other class, their spenders got a ridiculous buff. HotA - Smash does 680% now. And who needs WotB when you can wear a Pride of Cassius.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

It's a bit funny, people were saying WW Barb was dead in RoS, yet every RoS stream I've seen with a Barb still has them playing WW with the Avalanche skill.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Got some stream links? Or are they easy enough to find if I seach on twitch.tv?

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

They were generally within the top 5 / 10 of RoS streams, but I don't know if they stopped or changed classes. It was when Kripp was streaming RoS as well.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

So I'm checking out a KingKonger stream of RoS where he's on his Barb. The guy is still gaining life as fast as Lifesteal, and his life hardly goes below 50% before instantly gaining all that back. He has both Avalanche and Earthquake, and no Whirlwind. Where's he getting all that fury? It's as fast, if not even faster than current Barbs and fury gain.

18. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

キタ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━o(゚∀゚o) (o゚∀゚o) (o゚∀゚)o

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1195...ble-12-12-2013
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1195...ble-12-12-2013

PTR and Closed Beta should start any minute now.

Just got a chance to fiddle around in the PTR 2.0.1 on my Demon Hunter after waiting in queue for about 30 minutes.

Master difficulty is way too easy. It's at most around the scale of MP 5 or less. My Demon Hunter face rolls everything by walking into it with Shuriken Cloud. Because of this, I have no idea how well my Grenade build works in 2.0, since I can't get monsters that live long enough to test my sustain. It could MP10 pretty easily, but with the change in Grenades, I'm not too sure if they've upped the proc rate or not to compensate.

Spike Traps are really slow. The rearm time is 2 seconds. They're not for burst DPS like Echoing Blast or Scatter is right now, but persistent, Hatred-efficient damage.

It's really nice to be able to switch skills in the field. Not sure if I would call it game breaking but it makes things significantly easier since you can just change your setup before an area or boss to optimize vs trash and single target.

The new waypoint map is confusing since it's not too linear, especially for someone used to the dropdown.

Currently, loot is bugged and drops at ilvl 61. Killed a few elites before I was disconnected, and I was pleased to see the ground not covered in garbage. Minus the fact that I wanted a bunch of whites to try crafting gloves. I found a helm that had 400DEX/VIT rolled though which is pretty dumb.

Not sure how I'll adjust to regearing, since I have about 3.4 APS and changing that takes a lot of getting used to.

:3
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2013-12-14 at 04:12 PM.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Reaper of Souls is available for pre-purchase.

Expansion will be released March 25th, 2014.

20. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

I was hoping there would be two or three weeks with 2.0.1 running but oh well.