Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Something about new content someone wants to post.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

http://www.diablofans.com/news/2085-...and-much-more/

BREAKING NEWS, EVERYONE. Life Steal is going to be worthless at level 70. It gets progressively suckier from 60 on until it does nothing at all at 70. Also some more class changes and datamined stuff. I don't know if this will apply to Lifesteal abilities as well, but it probably will. RIP Lifesteal.

In happier news though, I saw some datamined items.

3 things that really caught my attention:
    -Bubblehearth ring
    -Cow King polearm that summons cows when you attack with it
    -Thunderfury as a sword in this game

Thanks for re-opening.

3. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

THUNDERFURY OMG STEALING WOW ITEMS NOW GAME CONFIRMED FOR pomegranate etc.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon

Good riddance to all those that get their jimmies rustled because of a few shoutout items. Like people getting mad because of Whimsyshire. Still waiting for an alternative trading option that's not the AH.

5. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Well, does that mean lifesteal effects will not roll on level 70 items? Lord I hope so.

6. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

I think this multiplier is applied to your champion, although I would expect that the stat would roll less. That's how I'm reading it.

7. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

It shouldn't roll at 70, just like how +Experience doesn't roll on 60 right now.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Guys, read again seriously. The datamined information shows that at 70, Lifesteal DOES NOTHING AT ALL. aka, no more Lifestealing monsters once you hit level 70. aka no reason Lifesteal will roll on level 70 stuff. aka, BYE BYE LIFESTEAL AT LEVEL 70.

HOWEVER

This is still subject to changing. Lifesteal may be permanently gone, or there'll be a cap, or even a change to how Lifesteal works. Stay tuned for more Reaper of Souls Datamined information!

9. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the datamined information does NOT mention that lifesteal will NOT ROLL on level 70 gear, therefore it is unwise to assume that it will not roll on these items, making my question relevant and valid. I would just like a confirmation that it would roll less or not at all from a blue post or datamining. That's all. This new information is titillating to say the least. I am now wondering what exactly will come in the pre-xpac patch.

10. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

The datamined information is only what they're testing right now, it's not even confirmed that lifesteal will be downscaled.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

That is why I'm not bothering with Datamined information. Considering the current state of the expansion, things will drastically change and whatnot.

12. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

From all the comments that Wyatt Cheng has given, he's significantly in favour of removing Life Steal. They had initially balanced it for a damage range that was significantly lower than the standards today. They had already started with removing all Life Steal from Skills themselves in the past tests. He wants the focus to be with Life on Hit, which is affected by the sum number and proc coefficients, Life Regen which they want to go with the smoother damage flow, Potions/Health Globes, and healing skills. Life Steal is a rather poor design where all you want is MOAR DAMAGE to survive. Dying too fast? Get MOAR DAMAGE instead of actual mitigation. It's also bullpomegranate how much Life Steal Barbarians can get, and how much Shadow Power provides currently. I doubt it will come back.

There are also signs they're removing Nightmare and Hell mode, and replacing it with Torment instead. It's pretty terrible rerunning the game four times per character. Must suck for Hardcore players rerolling. If I recall correctly, the last character I actually pushed through the entire game ended up in Inferno Act I at Paragon 4~6.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

Hmmm, does that mean they're also rescaling the leveling speed of 1-70 if it's going to be only 3 modes instead of 4? Or would 61-70 be factored into Inferno Mode?

14. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

My guess is they're intending to scale the game to complete at Act V Inferno at level 70 and you'd have a second difficulty setting that replaces Monster Power to enable level 70 content. Otherwise, you'd reach 70 at the end of Torment and Inferno would be 70 content again. It's hard to say with the limited info. D2 had normal end at around 30, Nightmare end at around 70s, and you spent the last 30 levels in Hell with few areas viable to level in. i.e. Baal, Pandemonium Fortress, Pandemonium Event, etc. They want the entire game to be scalable end-game content, so if you enter Infero pre-70, there will have to be a way for it to later scale to mlvl 70+, whether that's through Monster Power, or some other difficulty selection.
    It looked like they had a difficulty selection similar to the console version set up with the UI assets seen earlier. With a less broad range of scaling like 10 levels of MP, it would help tone the spikiness of damage.
    With the new content (Act V, Loot Runs, Nephalem Trials?) and MP10 or equivalent potential xp bonus, it it wouldn't be hard to scale exp gain to fit only three main difficulties. I wouldn't mind a bit of grinding either. Clear a dungeon or act boss an extra two or three times for some more EXP and loot before progressing if you're dying too much is pretty indicative of the Diablo experience. I'm pretty sure you can just clear the entire game on MP1 without having to redo a level unless you clear a difficulty and don't have the level requirement for the next one.

I enjoyed having to do a couple of extra (dozen) runs at the end of clearing a difficulty in D2 to get loot and power up. It may be tedious when you do it for 20+ characters, but with the low number necessary in D3, the lack of necessity to reroll, and Hardcore already needing to do this anyways as a safety measure, it wouldn't hurt. I'm sure there will be that group of players that just tries to brute force everything and complain when they can't immediately clear content they have access to. i.e. anyone who got to Inferno near release.

Anyways. A lot of the reworked skills look like they have potential to be quite good; however, a bunch of skills are left ignored and are quite frankly pomegranate. Also, a few of the reworks don't make much sense at the same time. It's nice that Arcane Orb gets elemental runes (FROZEN ORB YEH BBY), but Spark is just non-sense. For every monster hit, gain 1% damage to your next Lightning Spell. Well. The only Lightning spell that will do more damage than Arcane Orb - Spark is Energy Twister - Storm Chaser... if it hits for its full duration. I hope they really get through everything and think long and hard about why things like that suck.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Details on Enchanting and Transmog have been released:
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/2124-...ok-the-mystic/

Everyone, start gathering your transmog sets and stash crafting materials. Transmogs are dirt cheap, and Enchanting looks like it'll pretty much give you a sense of control over your items via one property change, albeit it's random but you can always undo. Enchanting makes the item soulbound, so think carefully before you enchant an item. In an indirect way, this'll help control the amount of legendaries and greens in the market.

16. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Items from before Loot 2.0 won't work for transmog.

17. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

I don't understand what you're getting it.

"Legacy items (items that drop before [the expansion/pre-expansion patch] goes live) will not unlock unique item appearance, but they can be Transmogrified."

Legacy items seem to be able to take on the appearance of new, post-patch items. However, their visual appearance cannot be used to transmogrify other items. Is this what you meant?

18. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Yes, they're useless. You also can't get Mystic crafting materials because they're not released yet.

19. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Useless? Correct me if I'm wrong, but legacy items are what people will be using for the first few levels on their way to 70, as I'm sure that while post-Loot 2.0 60-63 items will be a bit better than what are dropping now, if you have current end-game gear, then you won't be switching to post-patch gear so quickly.

20. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Any pre-59 Legacy item is useless. Most level 60 Legacy items are already useless as they are. Any level 60 Legacy item that is currently useful is useful until you roll something 61+ for that slot. Given how retardedly high the stats roll in Loot 2.0 (look at the level 60 Echoing Fury in the article), it won't take long to replace all your gear.

The only reason to buy Legacy gear right now is if you still intend to play regularly up until the patch, or it's an item that would upgrade you post-patch with an enchant and you're too poor to afford it now. Maybe they'll have a price spike just before the patch when people realise they could get a cheap upgrade to farm Loot 2.0 with. The pre-expansion patch will probably last a month or two, giving a ton of time to outgrow your current Legacy gear.

If Blizzard plans to implement a ladder too, the majority of players will migrate there, leaving the current non-ladder characters' gear useless for the most part too. It'll probably take a day or two to get some decent rolls out of Loot 2.0 if you're dirt poor. If your gear is rich as pineapple already, it'll take a bit longer and that's where enchanting would come in, to increase the life of

For example, I just bought some 200 mainstat 12% HP 9 IAS Mempos because I can't be asked to buy a crit memo as they're currently priced.