Page 61 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2175
  1. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

So i have a chance to get this game at a discounted price, but not sure whether the game is for me or not, as I've never played any of the diablo games.

I was told it's similar to torchlight 2 (which i recently picked up in the last steam sale.)

I guess what I'm asking is to convince me to buy this game.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

A pomegranate ton of replay value, constant updates to the main game. Hours and hours of gameplay, enough loot to satisfy the greediest of loot whores.

3. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Another question. Are Reaper of souls and diablo 3 seperate games, or is Reaper just an addition to D3?

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

It's an expansion.

5. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

So I'd have to get d3 1st and then buy RoS on top of that?

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Well, yeah. If you want the expansion.

The base game would be enough to keep you occupied for a long time before you might decide to buy the expansion.

7. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Today was rather productive of me, I even managed to play long enough to find more than two legendary items. Notable things I've found today: the Devastator plan, the second piece to the Vyr's set, and most importantly a Ring of Royal Grandeur. :)

Also saw this regarding upcoming changes to Meteor:

8. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Spirit Barrage
    Skill Rune - Well of Souls
    Damage type changed from Cold to Fire

Acid Cloud
    Skill Rune - Corpse Bomb
    Damage type changed from Posion to Fire

WELL I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON MY BAR WHEN 2.1 GOES LIVE. Hnnnnnnnnnng.

AND THEN A JERAM, STARMETAL KUKRI, AND TASKER AND THEO DROPPED TODAY
    WHAT IS THIS

WHAT IS GOING ON
    Last edited by MuscleWizard; 2014-07-30 at 07:13 PM.

9. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

PTR updated. Some changes to make Meteor builds more appealing etc.

Hadriel

10. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

This was a pretty atrocious patch.
    Summary:
    Barbarian Generators are buffed to match Crusader's in strength.
    Crusaders get the most creative set yet, which gives +100% Shield Bash/Sweep Attack damage (4), and +20% IAS/stack for 5 stacks when using them (6).
    Demon Hunters get a new Elemental Arrow Rune.
    Monks get 66% cost increase on LTK to balance a 15% increase in generator speed.
    Witch Doctors get GARGANTUAN HUMONGOID CLEAVE ARC INCREASED FROM 120 TO 180 DEGREES

The Meteor buff was nice, but probably not strong enough to make it competitive at all except for on Tal's set. There's still no buff to Arcane Orb or Wave of Force, so really, if you want to compete, channel.

Given 3 weeks since the last patch, this felt like they were polishing for release as opposed to continuing to balance classes and make things more viable.

11. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

They made Cleave on barbs also 180 deg to be more consistent w graphics. I don't know if Garg needs tt buff...

I'll stick to my disintegrate build for now. Or after Black Friday, maybe I can get a Winter's flurry....

Can't comment much more until I buy RoS.

Hadriel

12. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

They certainly are taking their time with this 2.1 patch. ._. Have been waiting ages for it to hit live.. but at least they are still balancing classes. I hope by the end of this everyone is on a fairer playing field since WD basically dominates everyone at the moment.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Funny you should mention WD...
    Demon hunters are actually dominating everyone in terms of Greater Rifts right now.

14. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

They were dominating the first few patches because Beckonsail had no cooldown making DH unkillable. I think that was fixed last patch, and they were about even with Witch Doctors on GR level? They might have been able to go further because Sentries don't die, unlike dogs etc unless you had level 50 Enforcer. In this current patch version, Enforcer got nerfed upside the head, and there's an unintended buff to 1H Crossbows that makes them pomegranate 2H level damage, though Sentries proc Damage Reflect, as long as you don't walk into that...

I think WD have a very strong advantage at all levels of gameplay, unlike the requirement for M6 on Demon Hunters, where the next best thing is Cindercoat Loaded For Bear or something.
    The new Immolation Arrow is pretty good though, and once again Fire is the best element. You'd need the Ball Lightning legendary for that to be stronger, which doesn't work with M6, and Frost Arrow's advantage is being able to hit more/wider targets, but Immolation Arrow straight up does more damage. 615% to single target, 315% AOE. Not a bad option for M6 either, though Chemical Burn is stronger for its 1v1, and Arsenal has more AoE. Outside of M6, it synergizes really well with Buriza, combined with Imminent Doom as a generator, if I wasn't already running M6, I'd be pretty happy about this. It'd also be very good for anyone running M6 with a Kridershot now since you can deal your own damage, which is fairly strong too, something I'd like to try for Fire, Lightning, and Cold. I'm looking to gear up for Cold Marauder too because it's aesthetically appealing. It's a shame that Frostburns are pomegranate compared to Magefists, especially since I've found three DEX ones and no INT ones for my WD. Why do they have to roll Life on Hit. Thank you Blizzard.

I'm looking forward to playing what's there so far, but there's so much more that needs to be polished or straight up fixed.

15. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

I know a lot of people are complaining about more fire skills for Wizards, but I am really glad Arcane Torrent finally got a fire rune. And it is actually really awesome. My toughness is lower on the ptr and I'm tanking way more hits than I do on live. All channeling spells should have a weaker version of Flame Ward's "x% less damage while channeling" passive. I'm also kinda liking the buff to Conduit. I don't know if it's just Conduit though, but I've noticed I don't have any issues with maintaining my AP for channeling.

16. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

So I got back into Diablo 3 after taking a break to play Vindictus for a bit.

I decided to go Act 1 Normal Split Farming to get the ring.

I kept on getting all the Act 1 cache legendaries BUT the ring.

.....Why?

17. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

because RNG

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

You didn't sacrifice enough virgin souls to RNGesus.

19. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

I've only ever gotten one of the Ring so...

20. Default Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Never got that ring myself doing act 1 bounties on 2 different characters. In the end I gave up and just do bounties when I need rift stones.
    Last edited by Soph; 2014-08-12 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Typo