Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Item sets

1. Default Re: Item sets

Dojo gloves are the best (top ones obviously, but harder to get), at least till tyrant gloves come, and event then dojo potential might be better. I would say the black tinkerer set is not possible, not because it would cost a lot, but because there are almost none of them in existence, and there is not much or a supply. Tyrant belt + black tinker shoulder i not bad if you can not find the belt (I have only seen shoulders in bellonova, but then again i dont scour the fm and other servers are different). As mentioned by others, ark rings are not worth it, 3rd tier pot rings (lgr especially) easily beat them now. But generally you are right, Tyrant+RA is one of the best. I have seen some people switch to terminus weapons because they have much more attack generally (and ees affect them more). You lose the 30% boss from the 4 set effect of RA (both terminus and fafnir have 30% boss themselves). It probably depends on your class, i guess for some the extra attack and secondary stats can help outweigh the loss of 30% boss (and secondary weapons with boss% help). Not sure myself (i cant afford either ), but i have seen some people switch. Im sure someone can do a boss% vs attack and see when it would be better to switch depending on your total attack and total boss%.

tldr; black tinkerer set is hard to find with such a low supply, terminus weapon might be better than fafnir depending on your attack vs boss%.

Oh, and I decided to break down the alien set:
    Items:
    Spoiler

Equip Breakdown:
    Spoiler

Set effect
    Spoiler

If you are using the alien set, go for the 3 set or the 5 set, haveing 4 is not worth it.

Speculations, may be bad
    Possible high level set combinations (will not include Tyrant because it is not a set or black tinkerer because it is essentially unattainable, stick Tyrants where there is place):

Full RA (top,bottom,hat,weapon) + Full Alien (sub second pendant for hat)
    Full Alien (hat, 1 pendant), RA, no hat
    RA armor + Full Alien (sub pendant) + Terminus weapon

If you have a good belt and are using an alien hat, sub a second pendant for the hat.

I dont think the alien ring can have potential, an LGR+ 3 3rd tier potable rings is better. There are many combinations and its kind of late, so the alien+ra things i outlined might be bad, sorry.
    Last edited by Niernen; 2013-08-21 at 07:23 AM.

2. Default Re: Item sets

Not everyone is willing to dish out NX whenever the slot expires.

3. Default Re: Item sets

Have they fixed evo world drops such that empress drops shoulders and the shadow clones of the instructors drop empress stuff?

4. Default Re: Item sets

No. Taking their sweet, sweet time with it...

5. Default Re: Item sets

I can see it being feasible for seasonal players
    Also you can pick one up when/if nexon does another permanent pendant slot sale, nbd

6. Default Re: Item sets

They wont. Girasol said that Permanent Pendant slots/Hyper Rocks were a mistake and were not supposed to be released at all.

7. Default Re: Item sets

I don't understand what you mean, weren't permanent hyper rocks released on more than one occasion? Or a mistake as in adversely affecting the game as a whole?

Either way, do you have a link ready?

8. Default Re: Item sets

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1154908

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1154952

9. Default Re: Item sets

Well that kind of sucks.
    Going back to the original question then I'd strip Alien set from the list of options since shoulders are stupid expensive and the boss who drops aliens hats might as well be the white lady of Perion.

10. Default Re: Item sets

Would the Tempest set (the one for Luminous, Kaiser and AB) be acknowledged as something good, considering it takes all equipment slots?

11. Default Re: Item sets

Probably not. Considering how many slots it requires for a mediocre boost, It's definitely not worth using, Though it has some good items you can use, like Kaiser/Lumi/AB have a 3rd tier ring for basically free.

12. Default Re: Item sets

Thanks for the answer. Maybe this will help me recover from the OCD trauma of not completing my Kaiser's and AB's set due to that false bans incident...

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Item sets

On the other hand, they just went and gave away free perma pets and four sets of perma clothes (and fairly popular items, at that).

One never knows with Nexon.

It's pretty good as a free set for a link skill mule. But if you actually play the character, the set is far too demanding for its stats. If you lose even one piece the whole thing becomes worthless.

14. Default Re: Item sets

@McAwesomesauce; The hat may be hard to find, but it is possible if you are persistent, and needs no nx. The tinkerer items are evenr rarer, require nx to make, and only have a supply during events.

@Muppy; Yeah, as others have said, low bonuses for many items. If i did not have just the 13 set effect (instead maybe like 6,8,10,13), it wouldnt be as bad because you could replace an item, but requiring 13 average equips for a set effect is not great. Its like the sengoku set in one regard, just too many (average) items needed, with other items at the same level possibly being better.

Offtopic, but who makes nx sales? I never got how they could release a huge sale if it was a mistake or wrong, doesnt someone have to approve it?

@SaptaZapta; pets by thems selfs dont do much, since you need other nx items to make them do anything (although they gave some of those away for free too). It is odd that they would give out so much free stuff...

15. Default Re: Item sets

You can do Tyrant(sans belt)+Alien+RA set if you dedicated enough money to the alien pendant and skipped the hat, downside is losing a potentialable ring.

It's good for getting your boss damage into possibly 32x%+'s.