Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Cash4 Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

~~ Wonderking and maplestory discussion~~
    ~~Note: if you don't know what Wonderking is, wonderking is a typical game with the same look and feeling as everyone's beloved maplestory. but, you must wait until wonderking is back online from temporary (didn't seem temporary as it took place in 2011) discontinue. They closed so long because of a certain someone, not mentioning any names, had a whole entire army of hackers who closed down the server over, and over. but when they re-release it out again, it will have many patched hacks. i am guessing it will be re-released mid-end september or mid-early november. but it might come back later. I'm not entirely sure. But i will be disgussing the wonderking and maplestory differences, and similarities.~~

Maplestory: | Wonderking:
    ms less classes and servers |
    ms Many more classes and open servers. | wk one world (I believe) with less MB's
    ms more worlds, taking more space in world map | wk possibly more players (not right now, duh
    ms possibly less players | wk less servers in different countries
    ms more open servers in different countries | wk CAN DOUBLE JUMP, H-YEAH
    ms can only jump once | wk waaaaaaay easier tutorial, shorter
    ms harder tutorial, longer. | wk little bit harder to level, like pre-big bang
    ms easier to level up | wk less Gbs (by 80% '2.4gbs)
    ms More Gbs (giga bytes 12gb)

Similar:
    Same actions
    same hotkey layout (except for stat improvement)
    Same design
    Same objectives (level and complete story)
    so much fun!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------end FINALLY--------------------------------------------
    Reminder. I love both maplestory AND wonderking. i just havent played since 2009, and i had deleted maplestory for it, but then found out that wonderking was offline (RAGE MOMENT) so, i went outside and closed the door behind me, and did this:
    Screaming: GOD I HATE HOW HACKERS DO DIS, WHYYYYY
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2013-08-17 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Removed name.

2. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

Wonderking is either open or in beta testing right now, I forget which country it is though. I'll edit after a quick googlez

Yeh, wonderking 2 is in japan, in beta o 3o

3. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

Holy pineapple. I did not know this. I know a certain someone who will be happy to try this with me.

I miss the old WonderKing. I remember playing the Japanese version long, long before the USA version came out. I remember Loose being the one from Southperry to get into Closed Beta for WonderKing NA. Good times.

4. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

You definitely have been away from the game for too long, seeing as nearly every class has a double-jump now.

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

I played WK in beta as well(I think it was NA, i dont think i played the sea one) and played paladin to like level 85. I liked its emphasis on verticle movement over horizontal movement and cooldown on skills so pvp fights would work well unlike maplestory. though I like bossing in maple then i did WK. though traveling in WK was a pain without a mount. thankfully during beta, they gave out those sabertooth mounts.

6. Default

nitely have been away from the game for too long, seeing as nearly every class has a double-jump now.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    No, i meant basically without skills, as in, no beginner skills, quest skills, mount skills, etc. just normal alt+alt
    btw, i played it less than a week ago

Wonderking is either open or in beta testing right now, I forget which country it is though. I'll edit after a quick googlez

Yeh, wonderking 2 is in japan, in beta o 3o
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yeah, i just dont know how to install it, it's all in japanese o3o
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2013-08-17 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Use the edit button, don't double post. Also, use the quote button to quote posts.

7. Flatpanel TV
    usa

Phantom, Mercedes, Angelic Buster, All adventurer thieves, Kaiser, Xenon, Wild Hunter, Corsair, Cannoneer and a bunch of jobs double jump with the press of jump twice O_o

8. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

No, those classes uses a special skill (like jag jump, fire blast 'or something'). if you'd check their classes with the beginner or first job tab, it's a skill they learn. i mean like vanilla (what i mean by that is NO skills needed to jump twice or any special thing needed. Just like a beginner, they cant double jump because they have a skill used

9. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

This seems less like a comparison and more like a biased post to get people to switch over...

Why not just make a thread about Wonderking and call it a day?

10. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

The only thing wonderking has over maplestory is it doesn't have an Nx dependency, but if it follows the same model to maplestory, that's a temporary thing.

11. Flatpanel TV
    usa

which relates to what i said. the double jump in WK makes it a more vertical oriented game, which makes pvp more practical. the double jump in maplestory is oriented for horizontal movement, which is more appropriate for bossing. having doublejump off the start in WK isnt anything special, platforms are significantly farther apart vertically, be it a skill or not, it wouldn't matter at all, in both games, you practically get it in the beginning of the game.

12. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

This is the most ridiculous argument ever.
    Basically, you're saying that since they might not be able to double jump for the first 15 minutes of playing the class, that means they don't count as a class that can naturally double jump? Are you kidding me?

So I guess in Metroidvania games, double jumping doesn't TRULY exist because for the first few hours you can't do it? Even though it's a crucial game mechanic?

You're grasping at straws to defend an argument that is wrong.

13. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

You might have gotten more discussion about Wonderking itself if you hadn't done the comparison. But on topic, I remember playing Wonderking in its beta I think? I didn't really find the game to be very memorable though.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I too played WK back in Beta and shortly after release and the game reminded me of a slower version of Ghost Online [Ghost Soul].

15. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

The game crashed more than MS back when I tried it a couple years ago.

16. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

Wonderking?
    Oh, right. Yeah, played that for a while, wasn't it shut down?
    I remember the... Bee 'Dungeon', and that the Defensive/Knight whatever it was called, the 2nd Job Warrior Class with the Shield, was Defensive as darn. Got 1 from everything, even 10 levels above, or something.
    But it was rather grinderous, and quest kills didn't stack. One quest was to kill 30 bees, and 40 bees. You'd have to kill 70 bees to complete the quest.
    Besides that... it was kinda fun, but also grinderous. But the art-style was pretty cute, and how the single class-branches have to wear different equips also was rather nice.

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

So because WK can double jump all the time for no real benefit, while maple can double jump early on as a necessary bossing/training function, this is a pro for WK?

Right...

18. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

I remember WonderKing, played it with a couple friends just after it came out of beta. Think I got to about level 40 before I got bored of it.

19. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

it take literally 0-10 minutes to get double jump, depending on how long your tutorial is and if it is necessary. (excluding bucc).

Also... this is a Maplestory forum... there might be a slight bias towards one side. That and the fact that WK is in beta, in Japan.

20. Default Re: Wonderking and Maplestory. Battle of the games.

Wonderking got shut down, Maplestory did not. Im pretty sure its fairly obvious who won.