IGN: PerfectEcho
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 106
    Job: Angelic Buster
    Guild: ProminenceX
    Farm: AutummFalls
    singapore

Cash3 Cubing Beginner Equipment?

So recently my friend came up with this crazy idea, he wants to cube all his Level 10 equipments (those items you start of with after you done the tutorial). By equipments I don't mean weapon, just the overall and others. So hope you guys get a general idea of what he is doing? So if you could just leave an opinion below, or your views on his idea, it would be much appreciated. In conclusion I think it would be great to start of funded immediately, this is just my (noob-ish) opinion by the way. So yeah that's all

P.S he is super funded so he got those empress equips, he just wanted to try something new.

That's all! Much appreciation and thanks in advance

2. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

No offense meant, but that is the silliest idea I've heard of in a long time.

3. Electron Straight Male
    singapore

Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

That's what I told him...and he gave a stupid excuse "I don't even know what to spend my @cash on". I mean I'm sure there are better alternatives to spending @cash rather than cubing beginner equipments.

But here's my question: How do you start of a character funded if you have a ton of @cash

I mean it would be awesome to deal high amounts of damage during low levels and I guess it would make training a lot more easier.

4. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

I'm sure it would be better to invest in... other things.

Evo Rings, tradeable hearts, chaos one of those lv 50 frog hats with attack, whatever. But cubing lv0 equipment has little use if you can get to level 30 within minutes if you spend that nx on 2x card instead of on cubes.

5. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

Thing is, we're kind of limited in that considering we're in MSEA. If he's really so funded, get stuff like high WA Work Gloves, both Evo rings, a well-scrolled Endless Heart of Aria (Obviously only if he has the android...) and that's already more than enough with the strength of new classes these days. >_> Personally I just start out my new classes with Aswan-scrolled newbie equips and they still wreck everything in sight.

6. Electron Straight Male
    singapore

Evo Rings cost a lot in Aquila, the last time I checked it's price was 3-5bil. I was like shock to see how expensive it is, I know it is an investable equipment but it just cost way to much for me. As for the frog hat and the heart, I guess I will consider this method , seems quite promising. Thanks for your reply dude, appreciate it.

Anymore suggestions just leave your opinions here and share your experiences :) would love to read them. Thanks.

P.S Anyone knows the best way to get empress equips in MapleSEA xD

Yeah I mean classes like Xenon are way too overpowered, basically my friend and I were just trying to find ways to boost our damage. For me my range is like 16k+ (unbuffed) for a Lvl 106 Angelic Buster, maybe I had a little funding but I think without the funding I think my damage would still do fairly well. Thanks for reply though.
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2013-08-13 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Try to avoid double-posting; use the edit button.

7. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

Cubing low level gear is pointless because your character won't have enough stats to make it worthwhile, equips that add a flat amount of +attack or +stats (or both, in the case of Evo rings for example) are better by a long way.

You also won't need anything too amazing at low levels because most monsters you'll be training on will have pretty low HP. Scroll a Bathrobe/level 15 earring for attack and chaos scroll those for attack if you want to spend money, attack work gloves are a good idea too, but they're significantly easier to scroll.

8. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

For low level stuff I'd say just scroll it and done.
    My stuff. Spent no money on it.
    Spoiler

9. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

@Viscitus;
    1. cubing beginner equipments is the stupidest idea ever, you're better off using azwan scrolls or frosty scrolls if you have enough coins. Even then, your coins would probably have some better uses other than that.
    There's also no point starting off funded immediately, you'll probably 1/2 hko everything at low levels with some clean eqs / decent eqs.

2. Cygnus armors or weapons? Cygnus armors are only available from instructors and gachapon now, and no one goes for instructors nowadays. There should be quite a lot of Cygnus armors in FM though. Weapons are available from Cygnus herself, fm has a lot now though. Best way would be to just buy them.

3. 16k range would probably let you 1/2hko any mobs around your level... If you're funded and you wanna improve your damage.. Get season 2 ring, darkness ring 1,2 and 3.
    Season 2 ring goes for ~2.5b hidden pot, no idea about the darkness rings though.. You can probably buy some high stats Cygnus equips from FM at a fairly reasonable price (to me that is), or some lower stats at some cheaper price..

4. I don't think our frogeye hat has any slots, can't be chaos-ed.

10. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

No matter how funded you are, you will not deal high damage at low levels. And funding will not that big of an issue at lower levels for the fact that you can 1hko EVERYTHING. Overkilling a mob does not give bonus exp or make training faster. There is no point to funding lower levels for two reasons. You 1hko everything anyways with minimal funding, and the most important, you wont be low level for long. You should be leveling up, and not wasting your time on low level gear. ITs better to invest in a perfect empress gear, and then power level to lv140, than invest in gear every level and then level. You wont be bossing much before lv140, and you wouldnt be soloing party play areas.

Also, at low levels equips only give small %, which are usless since you have low stats anyways, or small +stats (wich is actually better). You are better off scrolling for +stat than cubing.

11. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

I'm going to be brutally honest here.

If he thinks spending his @cash on cubes for beginner gear is a better idea than spending it on regular high-level gear which he can then resell, he's a fu'cking idiot.

12. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

Uh, this really isn't a new concept, people used to do this all the time :| Then potential tiers came out and pushed people away from it.

13. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

Even with a lot of % stats, having 70% STR out of 120 STR isn't gonna amount to a lot.

People said it all. Get ATT/MATT equips, and call it a day. The first 100 levels go away in a breeze nowadays.

14. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

The only excuse you could possibly have to get away with justifying this is if you were planning to HP wash to astronomical amounts by cubing % INT and scrolling them all with lots of INT.

And that would have been relevant like three years ago.

15. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

Hm, for lower levels (10-30) wouldn't +int be better, since they would have really low int anyways?

16. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well, it's his money. Let him regret/enjoy what he does.

17. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

If he really has the cash to spend then he could drop it instead on prots+guardian scrolls and use some armor stat 20%s (the 9allstat ones) to craft the godliest skullcap ever instead.

Much, much cooler decision IMO (and probably more useful too)

18. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

Negative. Shielding Wards cost something like 30k cash (~USD 25) and we don't even have armour stat 20%s or Guardian Scrolls to begin with.

19. Electron Straight Male
    singapore

Thanks for all your awesome repies guys! Actually I kinda agree with your opinions, because it has a point. Basically without spending money you can still get some range, therefore I think it would be better if the cubing starts at 140-160 if you are training at Stronghold etc because I think it makes training slightly easier. The main reason for cubing is probably to get better damage (my own opinion) but I know there is more than meets the eye as I have seen people cubing equipments after that selling it for real money to make a profit.

Besides cubing there are actually several reasons you guys have mentioned like getting better equipments. I can't deny the fact that this is 100% true, because after reading your comments I feel that it is also a waste to be spending all these money for common equipments. Instead I think the money should only be invested on certain equipments that have meet certain criteria to be noted worthy for money to be spent on such as evo rings.

But knowing how expensive they are, I guess money still has to be spent to obtain them, after all it is like an investement too. As for scrolls such as AEES and other similar ones, money still needs to be spent on items such as shielding wards to prevent to prevent these "investment" to go to waste. So I guess this is part of how Maplestory works, even though it is a free game there are still ways that will prompt you to spend money on them. Maybe for the long run cubing is good but as for now, I should just focus on building up my mesos. Because I find it too difficult to get funding without good equipments, so I think the priority would be the equipments before moving on to the advance like AEES or Miracle Cubes which will be quite useful in the future.

My question now: Meso Making Strategies?

20. Default Re: Cubing Beginner Equipment?

Aww, didn't know MSEA was like that.

I was just sort of pushing my own dreams onto someone else LOL

Rip my 9allstat skullcap ;-;