1. Default Realtek HD Audio's "You unplugged something from the audio jack" issue

Every few minutes or so, the Realtek HD Audio Manager which sit in my icons tray spouts off this nonsense:

Sound cuts off for around ~1 second, and then...

The problem is, I'm not unplugging or re-plugging anything into any jack. My speakers are plugged into the rear port, as the always have been. Installing the latest drivers did not solve the issue. Disabling the front-panel detection (A popular "fix" for this problem) did nothing to solve it either, as this is a problem with the rear port, not the front panel.

This computer is literally brand new. I've had it less than two months.

2. Default Re: Realtek HD Audio's "You unplugged something from the audio jack" issue

Could it be the cord that connects the speakers to the jack be damaged?

3. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Realtek HD Audio's "You unplugged something from the audio jack" issue

Yeha, I'll go with the cord being damaged.
    Have you tried with other speakers or some earplugs?

4. Default Re: Realtek HD Audio's "You unplugged something from the audio jack" issue

I wish that were the case. I've tried with the speakers and also two pairs of iPod/iPhone earphones. All three trigger the issue while plugged into the rear port, and all three work fine in the front port. Leaving the speakers permanently plugged into the front port, however, both 1) leaves a giant cord hanging from the front of my system, and 2) is absurd, because this this is, again, brand new. I shouldn't be having these problems.

5. Default Re: Realtek HD Audio's "You unplugged something from the audio jack" issue

Hm. As sad as it is, The rear port might be damaged if it's causing that issue. Can you re install the drivers and see if that fixes the issue?

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Realtek HD Audio's "You unplugged something from the audio jack" issue

It definitely sounds like you have a bad wire between your audio jack and the sound card. You will likely need it fixed professionally since you can't really swap components.

7. Default Re: Realtek HD Audio's "You unplugged something from the audio jack" issue

EDIT: Not Realtek's fault. Even with the HD manager completely terminated, the problem persists of the audio cutting out.
    Last edited by Declaimed; 2013-08-13 at 01:52 PM.