1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default LoL-themed American Express prepaid debit cards incoming, thanks to sponsorship deal

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/bu...eid=auto&_r=2&

When I initially saw this article, I thought this was really interesting (specifically, a well-known credit card company doing this to reach out to other demographics). What are your thoughts on this?

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: LoL-themed American Express prepaid debit cards incoming, thanks to sponsorship d

It's a step towards e-sports increasing its activity in NA at least. Next thing you know, we can finally have AT&T sponsor someone as well as Bill Gates owning a team.

I can only dream.

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: LoL-themed American Express prepaid debit cards incoming, thanks to sponsorship d

Prepaid debit? Damn, I wish it was a real debit card.

4. Default Re: LoL-themed American Express prepaid debit cards incoming, thanks to sponsorship d

So if you use it to buy RP (that you would have gotten anyways), it becomes an RP printing machine!

5. Default Re: LoL-themed American Express prepaid debit cards incoming, thanks to sponsorship d

I'd rather it was a credit card, personally. I'm not a fan of AMEX, though.

6. Default Re: LoL-themed American Express prepaid debit cards incoming, thanks to sponsorship d

The American Express/League debit card is now available. Here are some things to note:

-You must be at least 18 and have a valid SSN, so only US residents are eligible.
    -There have been reports of people being asked to submit a photocopy of a form of your SSN (i.e. your SSN card), and a valid ID (i.e. driver's license). Apparently, those are done for identity verification for people that have little to no credit, to make sure people don't try to game the system. Otherwise, they can just pull up your credit history from your SSN for identity verification.
    -Teemo is one of the options of the card designs.