1. Default Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

Pretty straight forward. My experience on my DS has spoiled me with all the amazing things it had [100% stance, extremely easy access to 100% status res, never using potions] But the feature I loved most was the ability to pierce through DR and DEF UP using dark meta [easily timable] I also learned that some classes can handle DR a lot better than others [I'm looking at you hayato, getting killed just by standing next to the mob is not cool man not cool]

So basically I want to only play classes now that can effectively handle DR and DEF UP. So far im working on a kaiser which is decent [though learned the hard way that inferno breath flames will kill you when DR pops up >_>]

And I'm not just saying classes that can attack DR an DEF UP. Skills such as magic crash which can make the monster not be able to do those things also works! Or you know...a class that has a ton of hp to attack through DR nd not be phased by it works too [ I think Demon Avenger is the only one who fits this one though?]

BTW bind skills are cool and everything, but they don't count here. So yea just saying that just in case people start suggesting lumi~

Extra: This isn't super important, but if you don't mind giving chars that can easily reach high levels of status res with a res potion would be very cool too =0 So far DA and DS and maybe kaiser is all I got atm~

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

pretty much anything with crash works, paladin excels because it has bind AND crash, i think they also have the highest resistance out of all the adventurer warriors.

their damage is pretty blergh right now however. other classes that ignore DR woulb be kaiser and DS, but you already know those, i think that's all of them?

3. Default Re: Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

DB and any class with summons have attacks that don't trigger DR if that counts.

Kaiser DA DS Xenon Bish all get over 100 status resist with willpower + resistance pot

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

Off the top of my head...cannoneers, mechs, corsairs, kaiser, db, shadower, post red mm, current bm, all adv mages, AB after soul seeker fix, evan, merc, and probably more including zero.

Fyi: All summons ignore dr. Kaiser is the only class capable of bypassing for periods of time with his whole skill set. A few skills can bypass dr otherwise (mage auras i think, flame meggido, etc) but it isn't anywhere on that level of dps so.

5. Default Re: Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

I didn't know all of those classes hav moves that bypass damage reflect =0 Or are you just talking about summons? Because I didn't mean summons in my post =x
    Sorta just wanted classes that can either control it [like magic crash hero and pali] or bypass it completely [demon slayer's dark meta and kaiser's transformation]

I don't see how bowmaster and mercedes aren't affected by damage reflect =0 Everytime i see them they seem to die quickly when DR activates lol

@Everyone else
    Thanks so much for all the classes you guys listed~. I think I might be leaning towards hero and palidan. Palidan because i can just rip off the equips off my DS and Hero because i used to have one pre-bb in windia, and nostalgia would be nice [and i can rip off equips from my kaiser]

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Cannoneers have the most control in dr situations because they have two summons that provide A) 3 sub 1 sec attacks to warn you when it's over and B) a spammable attack that controls the bosses positioning.

Bypassing dr is overrated since it's so short anyway. You're looking at f/ps or kaiser.

Bowmaster currently and mercs have summoms.

7. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i disagree about DR being short, empress casts her every 80 secs for 20 secs, that means that you're losing 1/4 of the time you have to attack. and let's not go into PB.

8. Default Re: Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

F/P can if you count Megiddo (90 sec cooldown) and Fire Aura.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

But that's if you're soloing or aren't a class with bind/crash and i don't think the op wants either of those things.

10. Donator Straight Male
    panama

now you're confusing me, you said the OP doesn't want to not have crash/bind, but you also said that having them doesn't matter since DR lasts so little anyways, make up your mind

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I didn't say it doesn't matter i said bypassing is overrated. o.o If you aren't strong enough to solo then you're going to party which most likely has either bind or crash or maybe even soul steal so being able to bypass dr isn't very significant especially with hypers since they establish this system of burst damage which works well with dr being present because once it's over you can go ham and make up what you would have done if you bypassed. Kaisers are just consistent dps so it makes it seem like it's really good to bypass it especially since dr in general makes people back off and kaisers don't.

12. Default Re: Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

marksmen fit in that last category with demon avengers 8)

Spoiler

13. Default Re: Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

What the....
    GG marksman GG

@Everyone else
    I think I've decided to go either Hero and Paladin. But I'm leaning towards Paladin because of this thread:
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread...43#post1171743

The lols of surviving instant kill moves is just too tempting man.

14. Default Re: Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

Personally, I feel that DS is the best when against bosses that DR. That, + 100% stat resist gives you an unstoppable killing machine.

15. Default Re: Which classes can attack during/contrl DR and DEF UP?

Well, Xenon gets a bind hyper at lv170. The ageis system still fires rockets which will do full damage, so during DR you can stand on a mob and your rockets will still damage it (they will do no damage if you are skill locked, they will fire but miss). The hyperhologram field also wont kill you during DR, however it only does 1 damage. You can cast it to see when exactly DR ends if your bad with timing.

(when soul seeker ignores Dr does that mean is does one damage and wont kill you or that is does full damage? Xenons holo field says it doesnt activate DR, and it doest, but it does no damage).