IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Tyrant Coin Exploit?

I'm not sure if there is one, but a few basil threads/screens in the past week have indicated that's the case. So if anyone notices tyrant equips deflating or being sold for cheap in the fm, this would be why.

Nice one Nexon. Everyone and their mother knows that Magnus is impossible to defeat legitimately; so why keep the coin shop open all these months and have it open to exploitation? Hint hint, take down the coin shop and temporarily remove hard magnus from the game until this issue gets dealt with. As usual, the hackers are always 10 steps ahead.

2. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

While I can't comment on the potential exploit, Hard Magnus is certainly possible to do legitimately post-unleashed.

3. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

There was one on southperry a while ago, not sure what happened to it. This has actually been circulating for a very long time. It was when girasol was around and she actually questioned the screneshot that showed someone who had a ton of magnus coins in their inventory. I can't find the thread though, if this is a real exploit.

However, just to clarify, a hard magnus defeat is actually possible now. The difference is the limit of 1x a week making the current coin accumulation for tyrants almost impossible (It's like 3 months of magnus for one tyrant equip legitimately or something, not counting capes if they had never taken the drops out).

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

I'd like to see actual proof (as in video) of hard magnus being killed without hacks before concluding that it's possible.

5. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

Well, haven't killed it myself yet, have gone inactive but the most I can do for you is a screenshot of a relatively close attempt. My partys damage output wasn't nearly as good as some others around GMS could be so I wouldn't be surprised if a few strong xenons teamed up and were able to kill it. I suppose when it comes down to it you can decide if anyone in the party was hacking or not yourself (I can say there weren't but who knows how far my word goes)

Screenshot taken from someone else in the party.

Spoiler

6. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

Whether or not it's possible to kill it is irrelevant considering it takes months to save that many coins based on the one week time limit.

None the less, I don't see a point of criticizing the company when they are down right predictable with oblivious things like this. They have been under this type of attack for 3-4 years now, if you choose to continue using the service when this has been clearly demonstrated to you, you lose the right to criticize.

7. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

Hard Magnus can be killed legitimately (rather easily actually) with enough competent xenons + binders.

The problem is the green attack; even with people that can dodge, that attack sucks deaths really quickly.

I posted in the bugs thread yesterday that I thought there was an exploit. Unfortunately it's looking like I was right Q__Q

8. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

@Aurtax
    @Maryse

unpatched coin generation exploit
    Tell Nexon to look for chars with a suspicious number of coins and/or Tyrant equips and check their history. And other stuff like mass chaos RA coins/boxes and w/e the guy that's doing it is exploiting.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Doesn't prove a thing. And your word doesn't go far. But let's say if you were to get this done, it still would be close to impossible and would take ages in getting even one of the tyrant equips "fairly".
    Exactly.
    I continue to use the service because there are still a significant amount of good things about it in addition to the bad things. This however doesn't mean that I have no right to criticize the bad things.

If a restaurant has great food but always has people waiting longer than normal for a spot due to bad managing, should people trying to get a seat just leave or not have a right to complain?

10. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

Okay

I mentioned this before I posted the screenshot

11. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

i'm pretty sure it's possible, but the thing is having so many coins and gear in a short timeframe is the problem. hard magnus is like, a week a kill like empress?
    (not sure on that you can correct me lol)

the green attack is the one that ruins runs, haha..

12. Proton Male
    IGN: DemsXE
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 207
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Prime
    Farm: Dems

For the stronger players that can solo it's more the magnus zone closing that ruins runs. Most hyper-funded players could probably duo with a bind mule and finish. But yes, the coin amount would be impossible currently. Can't say much as I haven't hit other servers lately but GAZED is most certainly not flooded with tyrant. Hackers are definitely gearing up for Hard Magnus(one of our more known hackers was doing magnus pres just yesterday).

13. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

Yeah. Hard magnus is a week kill as well, but unlike empress its infinite attempts until it's killed. Green attack is indeed what ruins the runs lol

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Well then if it is possible, and maybe 5 well-organized parties can get it done without hacks in the entire game, kudos to them. But this doesn't mean the shop should stay open. Nor does it mean the boss should drop the coins. Those 5 parties probably have people who took advantage of hacks at one point or the other (whether it be directly through hacking, duping, mts-ing duped gear, or whatever else); so it's not like they really deserve those coins in the first place.

15. Proton Male

Umm, all of my gear was hand made from clean and I can get him to 10%~ solo but am too afraid to finish. Are you saying I wouldn't deserve coins if I got them?

16. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Depends where you got the mesos/NX to make/scroll/enhance your gear. I have no idea who you are so I'm not going to personally accuse you of anything but I have my reasons to think the way I think in the general sense. Why are you too afraid to finish if you have done nothing wrong?

17. Proton Male

I can't record a full run due to fraps slowing down my PC. And while I'm sure I would be unbanned, I'd rather not have the week of downtime. And you're okay to assume that people acquire mesos and NX in less than legit ways, I can assure you that myself and other players like myself, have the legitimate damage to complete Hard Magnus.

18. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

You do when it's been like that for years. You have gone the manager and explained, in detail, how to be more efficient, that they should use both registers at once rather than switching them, that waiting for 3 orders to accumulate before starting, is not a smart practice, nor is giving a specific time it will be ready when it's not only inaccurate but too many variables can change it.

The manager stares at you, with deep sinking eyes, his life was great until his family died in a car accident and he lost his job because of depression. Your positive rewarding feedback falls on death ears as all he can hear is the screams of his family, burning alive. You contacted the very CEO, who just doesn't see it, the profit margin is always high and promising. You continue to the restaurant, seeing the letters you have sent, stacked up in the managers office, still moaping about, aimlessly.

At this point you realize, that in order to get that craving of boardwalk fries and that half pound burger you'll have to wait longer, possibly re-order frequently, and accept that poor service to get that burger that has LCD in it to keep you around.

...,Or you can go to the wendy's down the street. You pay a little more, and don't get the exact same obssesive feeling that you get at Maplestories, but steam will find other ways to keep you satisfied. Like with the skyrim deluxe burger, and some tomb raider f`uckin chili.

19. Proton Male

what in the....

Also, why are we all jumping on the 100% there's an exploit train when we have literally almost no evidence and were swimming in tyrants two weeks ago? Can anyone get some ss' of stores full of multiple tyrants or something? My server is not swimming in it and nobody seems to be posting evidence of it so why are we even assuming it's happening?

20. Default Re: Tyrant Coin Exploit?

@Aurtax;

http://www.twitch.tv/xoxofam/c/1796970

This was BEFORE unleashed. You can imagine in addition to the coin exploit said above, how many "illegitimate" tyrant (mostly capes) are circulating.

I don't know why there's still any doubt of hacked tyrants. In Scania there have been people selling (mostly capes) one after another for half the price, with a seemingly unlimited stock. And from what I hear, there's people in other servers selling "Any tyrant" that people might ask for.

Feel free to PM me for the IGNs of a few people responsible for coin gens.