1. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Default Which binds work with each other?

I remember someone posting about there being 2 groups of binds where group one would work back to back with group two, but any in the same group wouldn't. Anyone have a list?

2. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

1. Demon Slayer/Avenger & Luminous
    2. Paladin & Xenon
    3. Kanna

(Are there any other bind skills? I can't remember)

To clarify, these are the bind groups. You can stack any single bind skill from groups 1/2/3 together, but you cannot stack more than one from the same group. E.g. Luminous will stack with Paladin (or Xenon) and Kanna. Luminous will not stack with either Demon class.
    Last edited by Mazz; 2013-08-09 at 04:57 PM. Reason: explain it damn it you can't just post that and leave

3. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

Paladin bind stacks with Lumi, DA, or DS. It does NOT stack with Xenon's bind.

4. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

In my post I meant it shares the resistance with the Xenon bind, so you can't stack them together. You can stack for example Luminous/Xenon/Kanna, or Slayer/Paladin/Kanna, but not Slayer/Paladin/Xenon. Sorry if it was unclear.

5. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

I'll be a second person saying this is correct, and no there aren't any other binds.

Guess a new piece of information is xenon bind is 15s, which is 5s shorter than Paladin's Smite.

6. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

the only minor detail with binds would be that Dawn Warriors(at least current ones in gms) have Magic Crash as well which will lump into other magic crashes I would think, of course, that's assuming you count crash as a bind skill

7. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

Doesn't I/L mage hav a bind skill?

8. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

Not currently. If they have one post-RED I wouldn't know.

9. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

According to this thread on Insoya, Dawn Warrior's Soul Penetration and I/L's Freezing Breath are also lumped in with Demon Slayer's Dark Bind, Luminous's Armageddon, and Demon Avenger's Bloody Imprison. It's (meaning only Freezing Breath) tested in Tespia, though, so it might have changed (but I doubt that it was).

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i used to think it was:

4th job binds don't stack with each other
    hypers don't stack with each other
    kanna is masterrace and thus stacks with everyone but herself

but apparently lumi doesn't think that's a good idea. is the i/l bind a 4th job skill or a hyper?

11. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

Still long enough to kill normal Von bon before he can summon the chaos counterpart.

Was there not a 4th group? Where dos magic crash fall?

@ShinkuDragon; New! Freezing Breath: While the skill key is held down, use an extremely cold wind to freeze (bind) up to 8 enemies as well as decrease their defense by 15% and magic defense by 30% every second for up to 25 seconds. While using this skill, you will take no damage but you cannot move. There is a cooldown of 120 seconds. (max level: 30)

Courtesy of Max.

12. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

It's a fourth job skill.

I don't really think of crashes and binds in the same context, since they don't really do the same thing, but they could technically constitute a 4th group, and all Magic Crash skills would be in it.

13. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

Ah okay, i thought i red there was a 4th group somewhere. Xenons hyper seems very bad compared to i/l's, 10 sec shorter and has a 60 longer cooldown.

14. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

Excuse me for stealing the thread, but I never fully understood what the difference between crash and bind was. Could anyone explain that?

15. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

A crash prevents any buffs from working on the affected target.

A bind prevents the target from moving and attacking altogether.

16. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

Yep. Bind stops them completely, while crash stops them from Dr or super wep def, but not attacking.

17. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

Somewhat related, Xenon's bind skill cancels super DEF up, which is presumably why it only lasts 15 seconds instead of the usual 20. Slightly more utility in exchange for a shorter duration.

18. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Just clarifying this point here, crash doesn't stop a monster from using DR/super wdef but rather stops the buff from becoming active. For example, empress can still cast DR while crashed, but it won't have any effect. This is important to know because it affects her DR cooldown (if she casts DR on crash, she won't be able to cast it again until the cooldown is up.)

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

something i haven't checked, i hope you know, does it cancel/break DR? there was one time where i was fighting hilla's pet, and i used it at the moment that the pet used the DR (but before the symbol came up, and well, the symbol never came up.

20. Default Re: Which binds work with each other?

If you use it after DR is already active it'll kill you, tested it at Hilla just after I hit 200. Must've just been lucky timing for that I think.

It doesn't cancel the DR, but the bind will work.
    Last edited by Mazz; 2013-08-10 at 11:58 AM. Reason: forgot something