Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

Chapter 1, in which player creates ticket

Chapter 2, in which GM asks for more info

Chapter 3, in which player complies

Chapter 4, in which ticket is solved in typical Nexon fashion

Chapter 5, the surprise twist

Chapter 6, the cliffhanger

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

*grabs popcorn* I think this needs more surprise twists (for example, you can tell them "well I was planning on buying some NX but this problem needs to fixed before that happens"). Obviously looks like Nexon is giving you the runaround as they do for everyone.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon

I have had numerous tickets closed before with the "I have forwarded this to the right department, keep an eye on the website" line. It has always meant "forget it". I've never seen Nexon take the initiative and reopen a closed ticket on their own. So I don't see why you think this is the same runaround they give everyone.

4. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

That's definitely surprising, it's another GM too so you may get an answer this time around

5. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

Can't you just make a 30 sec video of you trying to enter the farm and showing it do an error 38? Thats different from what I usually get, it usually stops at the "please check the site" ticket.

6. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

This. Seeing how this GM seems to be cooperating with you, you imight want to cooperate with him the most you can. A video of you pressing visit farm and crashing isn't a big hassle at all.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

The new GM didn't ask to see a video

8. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

They are suggesting you make one so he doesn't ask unnecessary questions.

9. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

Verbelli seems to have been the designated ticket answerererer for the past couple months. This mosasho guy is new to me.

Queue system broked

10. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

Was I the only one who was equally shocked at this statement as I was at the fact that they re-opened the ticket? I didn't think GM's actually played the game they moderated out of leisure...

11. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

funny how mosasho was the one who read my ticket completely wrong. he read "cannot put any skill points into anything" when i specifically said "a mount coupon has turned into a different and unusable skill"

my second one is at least updated "work-in-progress" as of recently u_u

but holy pomegranate a gm re-opening a ticket *sparkles*

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

I noticed this statement as well, but was not overly impressed because I don't believe a word of it.

13. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

Quite a bit of the maple team at nexon do have accounts they play on. The Dragon nest team plays as well usually during non-office hours (Even seen some of them at like midnight-2am on a work day). They do play sometimes during office hours as well but usually for work-related issues. Otherwise they talk to players or other random things, for example

This was posted at about 2:30am this morning

And Tekonos forum replied to it around 7:30am (Tekonos is the GM if that wasn't clear enough). Just to clarify, that's PvP with a random person (semi known I think on nexon forum) and a GM.

14. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

Well GMs are much more active on DN which I assume most people that play DN/roam the forums know
    helpful ones at least

15. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

..Considering the "maple team" tries not to hire anyone who plays their games, and I know of two people who have in fact worked with/seen the team who say the opposite, I'll just point out the obvious assumption you're making.

16. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

90% sure that's just part of the template they use when responding, pretty sure is always said that.

17. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

I went to their beach meetup and almost every nexon employee there has a maple character besides their GM account.

Also I spoke to the head of HR at anime expo last month. She even said part of their process for intern/hiring is familiarizing the people with their games so they have an idea of what's going on.

Take that as you will but I'm not making baseless assumptions. She could have been flat out lying to me and so could the other nexon employees I've met. But assuming what they say is true, then I'm correct.

Edit: I don't wanna get into a 10 page discussion/debate with you like you so commonly do. All I'm saying is based on who I've talked to, that's what they've said and most of them have game accts. Whether that has any influence on how knowledgeable they are of the game and such is a completely different topic that I don't want to get into.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Having a maple character =/= being a "fellow player".

That line is most certainly part of the template now, although I don't know how long it's been there. Not very long. And yes, they're not, strictly speaking, lying. After all, having a second-job char you hene-hoe on for a couple hours a month qualifies as "I play MapleStory".

But it still gives you no clue as to what the more dedicated/addicted players are concerned with.

19. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

More or less what I was trying to say, thank you. I personally don't believe most of the maple team has a strong understanding of the game but my original post merely stated they do have regular accounts they play on besides just their GM accounts.

20. Default Re: Another MapleStory ticket story (WIP)

I mean are you reading what you're typing? First off, it's more likely they were required to make characters for the sake of the event rather than interest. And yes, I have a feeling that, like in any other company, they try to introduce and get you familiar with the content. But it's been made very clear that Nexon has a huge fear of an individuals interests. I can show you a PM girasol gave me before she left saying that's exactly why MLB pretty much failed and how hesitant they are in general about it. Also like to mention that the "HR department" is as relevant as the "legal team" is when regarding maplestory in general.

Take that as you will but I'm not making baseless assumptions. She could have been flat out lying to me and so could the other nexon employees I've met. But assuming what they say is true, then I'm correct.

So your answer to me is unnecessary criticism because I'm thorough with my responses?

That may have been your intention but when you claim it as fact, I'm going to show you the contradictions that are available. And you can try to roll off as if this is a different subject, but the context is there, and it sounds like you fell for a generic PR stunt.

EDIT: You just contradicted yourself, again;

Having=/=Playing, especially if your only evidence is essentially them accessing those accounts during a PR event..