1. Default How can I improve my Character Card sets?

My main is a Hero.

Here are my current cards:

Hero (DEF +5%)
    Paladin (Some stupid +damage per level that makes no real sense)
    Dark Knight (MaxHP +5%)

Xenon (40 STR/DEX/LUK)
    Demon Avenger (5% Boss)
    Demon Slayer (5% Stat resist)

Crossbowman (4% crit)
    Cannoneer (-5% exp loss)
    Kaiser (80 STR)

This also gives +15% Boss, 15 att and 3000 HP/MP

+10 all stats from resistance
    +10 all stats from explorers
    10% HP-> damage from 3x warrior

I'm happy to level up any other characters to improve these sets. Any suggestions? My primary concern is the Cannoneer as it is the only one which doesn't really give any major benefits, but I can't see what to replace it with.

2. Default Re: How can I improve my Character Card sets?

Ditch cannoneer, hero and dk then make this:

1. Pirate set
    Xenon
    AB
    Mechanic

2. Random mixup
    Kaiser
    Marksman
    Paladin

3. Resistance set
    Demon Slayer (this is 4% status resist btw, not 5%)
    Demon Avenger
    Battlemage

Reason for ditching cannon, hero and drk reason:

Defense is useless, hp doesnt matter much when new bosses have % hp attacks & cannon card is terrible unless you use it to finish pirate set.

That is if you're willing to level these chars to level 200, because with my experience mechanic & ab is horrible to level to 200 with medicore funding.

Also warrior set suck. It only takes your base hp into account along with adding the damage to your final hit, not multiplied by anything.

Example: You hit 100k per hit before the set bonus, while you have 100k base hp. This gives you 10k more dmg per hit, meaning if you were hitting 100k x 6 before you'd now be hitting 110k. Even if it shows up in your range, its fooling you.
    Last edited by Even; 2013-08-08 at 01:35 PM.

3. Default Re: How can I improve my Character Card sets?

Yep, I know how bad the warrior set is, however,
    Increased buff duration is useless for a Hero as we aren't that buff heavy (and all my important buffs are managed by pets). And getting a Mechanic to 200 would be hell.

The -5% damage from a BaM doesn't really help when pretty much nothing can kill me except for 1hko skills, which are unaffected by it.

The pirate set however would be helpful, and my AB is actually strong enough to go for 200. I was considering swapping that in at some point, but I was unsure where to put it.

4. Default Re: How can I improve my Character Card sets?

This is just a general character card question, but would the warrior set (lets just say DrK/Pala/Avenger for the cards) be good for Demon Avenger since he has such a massive, massive base health pool?

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: How can I improve my Character Card sets?

it may probably be the second or third best set for him, talking set effects only. still not that great, but it's something i guess.

6. Default Re: How can I improve my Character Card sets?

get a kanna to fourth job, it has a boss damage card too

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Ditch cannoneer for kanna. Ditch hero for hayato. Replace paladin with DS/DA. Replace DrK with DS/DA. Replace DS/DA slot with cannoneer, and DS/DA slot with a mechanic. You gain at minimum pirate set eff, 6% min crit, 3% boss, 15% buff duration, in exchange for 5% def, paladin eff (insignificant/does nothing), warrior set (insignificant/does nothing), 5% HP (main is hero; can live without it).

8. Default Re: How can I improve my Character Card sets?

He plays EMS, there is no kanna and hayato.

Buff duration for a hero would mainly be for decent skills. 240 sec (decent se duration) is long, but 276 sec is even better (S card effect) when you start using dojo glove for switching just for decent se.

Buff duration for a hero would mainly be for decent skills. 240 sec (decent se duration) is long, but 276 sec is even better (S card effect) when you start using dojo glove for switching just for decent se.

This is to finish up the resistance set while theres really no better card to pick from at this point. You can pick aran for hp recover or mercedes for cooldown reduction (this will probably only be useful for AB link).

But since you dont want to level mechanic you could just keep your cannon to fill in the last slot of pirates and then do this (keep in mind you wont be able to get adventurer bonus on 2nd set then):

1. Pirate
    Xenon
    AB
    Cannoneer/Buccaneer (you can make a bucc but the boost is not worth 200 levels imo, however its still a boost)

2. Random
    Paladin
    Marksman
    Kaiser

3. Random
    DS
    DA
    Aran/bam/merc(Bam for finishing off the resistance set or aran for healing ability, its not that effective tho & merc for cooldown reduction if you think is worth taking some sec off ab link over healing/defense)

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Then your set up is best. Pirate set eff isn't even as much of a necessity since hero's have combat mastery giving them large base PDR ignore.

Once those cards do get out eventually though...

10. Default Re: How can I improve my Character Card sets?

Hmm, that set does sound good. I'll fill that last slot with an Aran since all my gear is %str. Thanks.