Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [Music] ARTPOP

1. Default Re: Lady Gaga's ARTPOP [ARTPOP has leaked]

I really like Dope.
    (Hasn't listened to the leaked album.)

Also Cheek to Cheek is confirmed to be her jazz collab with Tony Bennett. It comes Jan. 1 2014. I'm really excited because she is such a good jazz singer, like omg.

2. Default Re: Lady Gaga's ARTPOP [ARTPOP has leaked]

That last high note towards the end of 'Dope'

Holy f'uck Gaga. Killing me here wooooooooooooooo
    I need to lie down after that!

Also, I caved and listened to MANiCURE. Holy f'uck I can't evennn. Dammit Gaga you just slayed me!

3. Default Re: Lady Gaga's ARTPOP [ARTPOP has leaked]

Not her best album. But I'm beginning to enjoy the songs. Not a real fan of Dope or her rap collab.

4. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: Lady Gaga's ARTPOP [ARTPOP has leaked]

5. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Volantis

Also, the statue for the album cover is MASSIVE.

6. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Okay, I've mulled over the album this past week. Here's my brief review:

3.5/5

She does indeed have some stunning musical moments, and overall there are more good tracks than I originally felt (underscoring the need for multiple listens), with 'Applause,' 'Gypsy,' and 'Swine' as standouts, and moments in 'G.U.Y.,' 'Sexxx Dreams,' 'Donatella,' and 'MANiCURE' deserving of their spotlight. However, what bothers me the most about the album is that it feels incoherent and unfinished, which is especially troubling given it's been touted these last three months as a revolutionary work heralding the dawn of a new fusion of art and pop. Instead, it feels like she took everything that defines her as an artist and a creator and threw it at the wall, forming one giant, entertaining mess in a proud enunciation of who she is. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it's a step forward from Born This Way, which was simply a proud declaration of who she is - here she draws it out for us in full. But having all the pieces mashed together does not a completed puzzle make, and to rearrange them into the cohesive story she's trying to tell will require tighter editing and songwriting that dives deeper - all of which we can hope (and I, optimistically, trust) will come in her subsequent projects.

7. Default Re: Lady Gaga's ARTPOP [ARTPOP has leaked]

One thing that I definitely agree with @FrozNlite; about is the coherence. Also, Applause seems really out of place now and I can really see how it was almost not on the album.

Pros: There are some really good songs. I really like Sexxx Dreams, Donatella, Aura, and Gypsy.