IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

Default Old MapleSEA Account Retrieval

I guess this is mainly geared towards anyone who deals with MapleSEA now or has knowledge of AsiaSoft in general.

I had made a MapleSEA account years ago, like probably a few months after I made a GMS account just because I wanted to test it out and to see content we didn't have. So then they did that whole ban IPs from people who weren't in their region, but if you had made the account prior to that date you were still able to get in.

Well, the last time I actually logged on the account was when they released 4th job and Leafre in MapleSEA...and to be honest I'm surprised I even remember the Login ID. Problem is I can't remember the password, and I managed to remember the email I linked the account to, but it was my college email that I haven't had access to for 3 years (don't ask me why I linked it to that, we're talking 7 years ago and I just never figured I would play MapleSEA again but I really want to try out Wind Archers before they get released in GMS...yes I'm an impatient person lol).

I read somewhere that you can request for an email change if you email AsiaSoft, but they require a scanned color copy of your National ID. I guess what I'm asking is, will I be able to retrieve my account and reset my password if I email them with a copy of my driver's license? Or will they not accept that because it's not a Singaporian/Malaysian National ID?

Can someone help guide me in the right direction? I would really like to gain access to this account again even if only for a month lol.

2. Default Re: Old MapleSEA Account Retrieval

I highly doubt that they'd do anything for you in this regard, sadly.

3. Default Re: Old MapleSEA Account Retrieval

my friend and i used to play msea before GMS back in 2005-6 (before ip block, we live in Cali).

she was able to get a password reset by faxing her cali driver license to them, but this was back in 2008. i don't know if their policies changed since then, but they did accept out of country IDs back then.

4. Neon Atom Gay Male
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Old MapleSEA Account Retrieval

I just emailed them with a copy of both the front and back of my driver's license explaining the situation. Let's see what they reply with (if at all).

I will keep you guys posted :)

5. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

As long as your name (or other details) is the same as the one you used to register you should be able to change your email.

An Admin fee of 5 SGD or something are needed if you wanna update your NRIC which most probably would be required if you used a fake NRIC while registeriing. Fee are not needed for other detail updates like email or address.

About that region problem, worse come to worst, just tell em you were in Singapore few years ago, doubt they would go to the immigration and check on that anyway.

6. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Just a note, KoC creations are blocked so if your account doesn't have a wind breaker there.. You can't play wind archer in msea either lol

at least, not till wednesday when the patch hits lol

7. Neon Atom Gay Male
    New_Jersey

Yeah I tried and I got an email back basically rejecting me getting the account back. It said it wasn't the right National ID but they weren't even asking for that back in 2006 so I don't even know where they get off asking for that now with an account that was created ages ago lol.

Either way, it's too complicated to try and get it back. I just decided to make a new account and see if I can attempt to proxy in tonight. If I happen to be successful I will let you know how it all goes xD