Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

You guys know this problem came from the newest jobs being so crazily overpowered that they can be on par with regular jobs with merely mediocre items? Why don't we propose new jobs to be blocked from dojo until their eventual nerf?. lol

2. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Seeing how some post-nerf classes still ranks in Dojo, I don't see that plan working.

3. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

I don't see the problem with mediocre characters being able to complete the ranked mode, though. I agree that you should have to work to get the gloves; I'm not disputing that. I've always been under the assumption that if the gloves are a significant upgrade (and they are), then everyone will want to compete for it. But if it takes like 30 minutes for a mediocre character to complete it, how does that hurt the stronger players? They're the ones who are competitive for the gloves. I still think the race analogy is a good one. With some training (a few weeks/months - leveling up to maybe 150+, getting like 30-40% mainstat gear - that seems like a pretty average thing for the average player), it's possible for a lot of people to complete it. But getting those top spots requires much, much, much more work. I don't think Alloy is saying that everyone should be able to get the gloves, just that it shouldn't be impossible to complete without a skyhigh range. Again, there's only 50 slots for a very powerful item, which a lot of people want. Most of the time, the strong people will be the ones to get it, which seems fair and makes sense. Occasionally, a weaker person might get it. The gloves last for a week, and if a character only has mediocre gear, what can they really do to suddenly become that much better than you? This is a philosophical difference, but I don't see it as a huge problem if on occasion an average character gets a week-long powerboost. I do agree about the issue with the spawning of the bosses though.

4. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

The problem isn't that. The problem is that I was clearing the last bosses with less than half the timer left if I remember correctly. It was a while ago. But that only means I need to do at least x5-x10 times my damage.

And I'm lv 200. Nope. Not happening soon. Or ever. I can only see this working if they keep buffing everyone again. And again and again. Until numbers mean close to nothing again, and they have to buff everything x10 again. They should settle an end to rebalances and just make things have a standard top. Then work from there, so content doesn't get outdated or obsolete.

5. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

today mini patch disabled bamon... nice fail nexon , it was quite entertaining even when the battle itself was luck based and only strategy was picking the killing order , plust it gave 1 % stats per each tier...

6. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Any word on why Magnus is suddenly back with the Black Mage? He offering a better deal than Darmoor?

Speaking of Darmoor, are they ever going to do anything with him?

7. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

I don't really do Ranked Mode, but I thought Dojo was supposed to be non-potion-enabled.
    Does Ranked Mode let you use potions? I figured part of the challenge of Dojo was supposed to be trying not to die O.o''

8. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Potion Pot like bypasses every restriction, I think it's rather cheap, but hey, if they're gonna let you, whatever, I guess. And for most of the people who do Dojo, the challenge that not being able to use pots imposes is trying not to run out of MP, not trying not to die.

9. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Oh that's pretty lame =/ I hope they didn't do that intentionally.
    And is MP really an issue in Ranked Mode ._.? Is the 300MP(or however much it is) healing still not enough to deal w/ Ranked Mode? o.e'' jeez
    Or is it because of how the healing doesn't work when you wear certain things? (Set equips and whatever else breaks it)

10. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Yeah, if it was intentional, I'm not sure what they were thinking. I'm not sure if MP is really all that big of an issue anymore, but there's definitely more of an MP problem than an HP problem, at least. It might be because of set effects, or just not having high enough MP to begin with, but generally, I hear about people failing, or getting higher times, because they're forced to wait for MP to regen.

11. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

The combiner is permanent, as in it doesn't get 'used up' ever. It's basically just a container for Inverse Magic.

He is hiding somewhere in Kritias, but not in the town lol. The townspeople just wanna live a normal life without an almighty evil and a giant living castle attacking them :P

They updated the shop again in yesterday's patch, it brought back the Inverse equipment and raised the costs of a lot of the items ~_~

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Can we get an updated picture?

13. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

It's basically a merge of the Tespia shop and the shop that was originally released in the real server.
    Spoiler

I think I'm gonna post soon about the Inverse Magic system (and how terrible it is). It's sort of different than I thought it was :S

14. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

O.o People could actually clear dojo with mediocre range before.
    You could actually merch in game stuff, not including nx, and get 50-100 maybe 150k range and clear ranked.
    The divide between who used to and who cant now is ridiculous. And a good sum of the people who are left and can get the gloves don't even need em.

And even if you can finish funding still determines who got what place. Sure people wont go every day but you still have competition for top spot. and then there were still people wou could clear the old dojo but didnt get gloves because somones time is better, plain and simple. A ranked system works as long as the rank matters.

It doesn't matter how many compete or clear the challenge, the rewards always go to the ones that "put more in" more can be anything considering some people got funded forever ago and buy all their nx with mesos.

I dunno. It's not that bad. Making spawn times not matter is good. Doing and instant spawn soon as you enter the room would be better. But then on the other hand it also becomes really inaccessible to even those who are funded. And some classes even though they hit just as high are out of luck because of the hits.

It needs to be hard enough that rank does matter but balanced enough that it wont be which class attacks the fastest?

15. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Are you saying a range of 100k-150k is mediocre? I take that as an insult...

And merch what? Outside of NX items and lvl 140+ gear everything is dirt cheap these days.

16. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

No 100-150k is now. Mediocre is like 20-30k, depending on class.

But then again now you need like 500-600k per line to kill bosses that matter it seems. I dunno. I have 50k and I'm fine with that. 20-30k is relatively easier to get if you bother with events so that's why I'd say it's mediocre. But then that also depends what level you are when you have that range.