Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Probably because the link is wrong. The Southperry filter changes the f to a p.

2. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

I for one would find it freaking hilarious if the Black Mage was deleveled back to 1 because of the seal just like his curse effectively sealed the 5 Heroes away in ice and deleveled them. He's actually retreated to Critias because he doesn't want to actually level back up to the level cap and so he leeches EXP off of his commanders and the Black Wings. The first time you meet him he says to come back in a couple months because he's only level 190 and the GM's have gone and increased the level cap on everybody again, so could you please come back and fight him when he's maxed out, kkplzthx.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Most of us can't clear the dojo as it is because it requires 500k+ range or something. Basically pay2play content.

Although, we can't really afford tyrant stuff either.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Excellent logic.

Tell me, when was dojo ever not this way? Content based on beating the times of those around you in a game with an upgrade system like this.

Tell me also why you should be handed the best gloves in the game with nothing but the newest class and moderate level funding (aka how it was pre-unleashed). I really want to know how you justify it. (for the record, when i say dojo gloves, i mean top 10 gloves or higher, not top 50)

I also want to know the meaning in a ranked system where LITERALLY EVERYONE CAN FINISH.

How to beat dojo

5. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Anyone figured out how to get Inverse equips yet? Seeing how those pomegranatety tyrant gloves go for 400 coins I dont think we'll be seeing them anytime soon but still would be nice to know. (obviously for gms will dump them into marvel machine as soon as you guys get this patch)
    Last edited by Even; 2013-08-02 at 03:14 AM. Reason: wrote wrong coin number

6. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

First of all... What? You implied it was always pay2play content because of the ranked system. Then in the next sentence you implied everyone could get the gloves easily with the old system.

I was not giving my opinion on whether the old or new Dojo was better. Obviously I'm disappointed because I lose tons of range without the weakest dojo gloves. Top 10, to me, was just as impossible as it is now. Literally every high lvl content is Pay2Win. That's how Nexon makes money and nxless people either gotta deal with it or go play some other game. I know that.

What I meant, that most of the maplers can't get even the weakest dojo gloves anymore, which means that if we can find the money, Tyrant gloves would be good for us. My logic here was, that because the heavily cubed players will be using dojo gloves, then maybe, maybe Tyrant gloves could be more affordable for the moderately funded maplers.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

No, the old system wasn't pay2play because finishing was easy. The old system was pay2WIN because of rankings.

Getting them normally is impossible anyway and they're still going to be expensive on the market in GMS through marvel just because they're tyrants and people are dumb.

Not everything is pay2win. A lot of it is merch2win, which is becoming a LOOOOOOT easier in kms.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

my DrK can't even finish ranked mode, he runs out of time, potion pot won't solve that.

9. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

What exactly is your range anyway? Imo if you dont have a single item perfect scrolled (points at weapon mainly) you dont deserve to have a dojo glove at all, not even the weakest one. Thats how stupid the old dojo was, anyone with just pomegranatety gear could clear it and the only reason why people like that obtain the glove, was because the server didnt have enough people that bothered to do dojo.

In EMS Kradia we hardly have 50 people who can clear it at this point (yes a lot of them are db, kaiser & xenon) but most people can clear it with some effort of funding yourself outside of paying money like @Takebacker already mentioned before.

I can agree to some extend that the current dojo is too hard but the old one wasnt fair at all either, personally I think its better this way.

10. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

How is the old one unfair compared to the new one? Basically, with a bit of effort, before, you could earn a glove you could actually USE. Right now, when you need such gear to even grab a crappy place, why would you need the glove? It's basically giving empty rewards now. But before, it was basically a top 50 rank that got filled. Now, less people get rewarded, end of the story. First is first, second is second, and so on, but it just cuts on a shorter time.

Not to mention that Standing there for 30 minutes+ pressing one key until a boss goes down is simply idiotic. Yes, you are killing a boss ALONE, without any kind of strategy, spamming the best DPS for God knows how long. If anything, they should have fixed spawn times.

11. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

I'm not quite seeing the problem you're having. It's true that before, most classes, especially the new ones, could clear ranked mode with mediocre gear. That doesn't mean that they could get a good enough time to actually qualify. My old 150 DB could have completed ranked mode, but it generally didn't have a good enough time to get a glove. The only times that I got a glove were when not that many people did dojo. And how is that the fault of the weaker people who managed to get a glove? You're saying that not that many people bothered to take advantage of content that lets you get a powerful item. So, if a weaker person does go through it, how is it his or her fault that the stronger person couldn't be arsed to do it? If you were strong enough to place, but decided not to do it, it's no one's fault but your own. If you wanted any one of the gloves, you'd just need to spend, like sub-17 minutes. Most people, with a few months/weeks of training, could complete a 10k race, but that doesn't mean that they'll be able to place at the top. So, if you're strong and you want a glove, why is it anyone's problem but your own that you don't bother to dojo? And if your own glove is stronger than the one you could conceivably get from dojo, why are you complaining? You can get one for a week, anvil it if you want, and then never bother trying again until you can move up in the ranks. So, really, who's being hurt if most people can complete it? The top people are effectively the ones who can complete for a top 10 or better glove. The top 50 glove can be an occasional bonus for people with mediocre gear. If a person with generally good gear but a bad glove wants to get a glove, they would easily be able to get at least a top 50 glove. The gloves aren't tradeable or permanent anyway, so it's not like it devalues your sales of empress gloves or anything. The mediocre people generally won't be able to consistently get one.

Also, what if I'm 135+, and I just want to get the card? Unless there's some other way to get it, you effectively can't complete the set. It's not like the set bonus is great anyway, so it effectively locks people out from completing a small prize. In previous events, you could get coins by completing the dojo. Since ranked is effectively impossible to complete for most people now, what is the point of that quest for level 135+ people? This was an issue during the latter parts of the 8th anniversary.

So, how was the old one not fair at all? If you're strong, then you could probably get a glove and prevent a weaker person from getting one. If not enough people bother to dojo, then a weaker person gets a top 50 glove and gets a power boost for a week. And just in case you misinterpret me, I'm not saying that everyone should be able to get a glove. I'm saying it's not a problem if most/a good portion of the playerbase can finish the dojo because stronger players could easily beat those times and get on the board. If they don't bother to do it, that's really too bad.

12. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Im not having a problem at all, Its just a personal opinion with experience in EMS.

We dont have crusader codex and neither does kms, this is something GMS/JMS have to rebalance for KMS content. Hackers, we have plenty of them in ems, before the revamp we had 20 hackers taking slots in dojo rankings (mainly lvl 150 bowmen with 35k w.att weapons) and it ruined the chance for a funded player to actually get rewarded but that rarely happens anymore, maybe 1-2 of them (bet they will come back when empress is fixed).

How is it an empty reward? Rank 50 dojo glove gives 20 all stat 10 w.att 12% all stat 12% total dmg and 15% boss dmg. Combine that with empress 6th set and you will always have a reason to go dojo. Switch gloves when you need to buff for decent se/si & continue to enjoy your free total dmg/boss dmg. I just dont get your point, you dont want to switch gloves for extra boss dmg or are you still stuck without a shoulder?

13. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

It is an empty reward because it was useful for players. Now it's "useful" for the same 20 players over and over. For a smaller boost than anyone could get. You got your glove, that's fine, so why do you feel the need to make other 30 people not have it? Specially when they DO need it to get on par with you. The gloves are limited already, and not everyone gets it, it just gets narrower.

To me you are just selfish. A selfish player that only wants to be better than anyone, and that won't care for the needs of others.

14. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

I thought you said it is an empty reward because the people that can actually get the glove would already have a crazily strong glove to cleat dojo in the first place, in which instance I agree with you.

In my opinion, dojo should be rewarding the top most dedicated people, willing to work their asses off for that glove, not the top people with the biggest wallet that can make it to the top of the ranks in a few runs and then don't bother again. this is one more time only an improvement for those with a lot of money.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2013-08-02 at 04:08 PM.

15. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

Not being selfish at all, we have 50 people who can clear dojo in ems, not my fault your server dont have more than 20 people clearing it weekly. Why should you be rewarded with a dojo glove if you made no effort to get there in the first place? Try playing in one of the servers where there is already 100+ people doing it weekly, see if you change your opinion on it then.

16. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

You already got the 50 gloves per server, nothing changed, it only discourages people from even trying. IF 50 PEOPLE ALREADY CLEAR IT AFTER THE CHANGE. WHY. CARE. ABOUT IT.

To make it simply 100% impossible for the rest!? To make a task take x10 times as long? I seriously don't get it. I could get the dojo gloves BEFORE. being in the 45th-50th places in the morning recount. Now I simply CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE ACHIEVING IT. And so does the ones between me and the 10th.

You are selfish because it doesn't change your gameplay an inch, not even about glove obtainability, yet you like to see people get punished for not spending thousands of dollars on this game.

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I didn't mean entirely potion pot. Obviously DPS is needed to some extent, and pretty much the best way to overcome dojo's standards is unfortunately...

MEEs.

The old one was unfair because you're rewarding people (with legitimate end game pieces) for no effort.

If you put the time into this game, you deserve the ability to get best gloves. End of story.

This has nothing to do with dojo. Yes, NLs are an idiotic class, we know.

However, the old dojo was even stupider. Once you got to the top ten the only way to improve your time a significant margin was to work your way around the spawn system and that was SO BAD. It had NOTHING to do with your DPS and EVERYTHING to do with your class. How is that fair? I'm one of the strongest cannoneers in GMS, why should i be outclassed by unfunded xenons because i chose the best and most fun class to fund at the time?

They will, but with the way we have it now, since you can't kill most of these bosses in less than 10 seconds, the spawn issue might as well be fixed already.

You can get it from lesser modes. Lol.

I lol'd at this. LOL @ dojo gloves making people on par with each other. LOL @ old dojo gloves being limited. LOL @ being selfish.

To me you're just greedy. A greedy player that only wants what you think you deserve, and doesn't care for the integrity of the ranking system. Do you even understand what being ranked in ANYTHING means? I bet you're pissed that you lost your level 200 ranking because of the level cap raise too. (if you're even 200 at all in which case why do you think you deserve dojo gloves) It's the same thing. The effort was clouded by the ease of access the game made it so it needed to be elevated. But i guess that doesn't make you stronger so you don't care. Selfish much?

18. Default Re: KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

I am lv 200. I don't give a crap about ranks. I am not going to spend thousands of dollars on this game. If the bar is set too high, I consider it content removed. To me, they removed content. To me and to 95% of the players. I know it's hard to see the 95% from up there, we are very used to that here, in Spain. But what do you mean I don't deserve it?

The definition of ranked is to put players compared to each other. Right now, only 5% of the players get compared. That's right. Past a certain mark, players no longer count towards it now. That is what's not fair. The person ALMOST clearing it is suddenly as bad as a lv 10.

But hey, get your gloves, you do deserve it I guess! Just make sure nobody else gets a piece, or else you might feel bad about it!

19. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default KMS 1.2.198 Bamon League and Kritias

The bar was set high when it was released. A majority of players could not make ranks when it was released, myself included. That was the intention behind dojo ranked mode. For it to be difficult to be ranked.

If the bar being lowered over time and then being redone because the game got easier is a bad thing, i don't know what to say anymore.

You seem to be higher up from where i'm standing. LOL. Try not to hit your head...

20. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

Don't think about it as content removed, think of it as another goal to strive for.