Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Basic2 I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Alrighty, after years of having precious link skills on every new class that comes out, I had a revelation last night. It may also have been because I had soda for the first time in about three weeks, and I was on a caffeine and sugar high. Also, it was about 4am, and I was delirious. Anywhooo~ Does anyone else think that the game would be improved by adding more link skills for older classes? To be more specific, as far as my own ideas go, a link skill for older classes that would enhance their own playstyle, and then they could share that benefit with other classes.

For an example, I will use the Aran class. I hear very frequently about Arans having survivability problems. How about % damage reduction? This would stack with their 4th job damage reduction skills, and the link would stack similarly with other jobs' skills. BOOM. You have eased a longstanding problem with Arans, and also created a UNIQUE link skill that will surely benefit any other character that would use it. Emphasis on UNIQUE, because I surely don't want stacking copies of already existing link skills. It just seems lazy, right?

Aha, ready for another example? Okay! Bishops. What do Bishops do? They buff the pomegranate outta you, and they do it often. They also heal the pomegranate outta you. So I have two options here, buff duration increase or healing effectiveness increase. I think the buff duration increase should be very small since it is a very powerful buff, but I think it is the better option since Bishops can already heal for 100% of HP, meaning that a healing effectiveness link skill would be pretty useless for them, and I want the link skills to benefit the original character.

How about a more unique example? Alright, what do BaMs do for a party? They have those sexy auras that make you squeal with joy, right? Well what is the most annoying part of having a BaM in the party on a large map? Hell, if they aren't standing right on top of you, you don't get a darn thing from them. Well, here comes a link skill to the rescue! Full map buffing capabilities. That BaM can be on the other side of the map and you're still reaping all of the benefits of having them in your party. Then, when you transfer the link, any character you play with a party buff skill will be able to buff everyone in your party without having to trail behind them on the map. I understand not everybody has party buffs, but this may be remedied when 5th job is released.

I fully believe that there are much more important things than moar link skills right now, but really, is Nexon ever going to fix a fraction of the bugs that currently exist? Probably not. So here I am, just watching Lost and thinking about awesome new skills that would change the game for the better. Anyone care to share their thoughts?

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

They should just give link skills to every job in general.

3. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

But... but... that's exactly what I'm saying. :3 I just think that actual LOGIC could be put into the link skills to improve the playing experience of the class that has them and that they should be unique. I'm just wondering if anyone has similar ideas or examples. I brainstormed a lot on this last night. Ha

4. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Zero's link skill is damage reduction, I believe...

5. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

It's also Defense Ignore, so pineapple your imaginary Aran and existing Luminous.

6. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Hmm, yes, but it is an inferior skill compared to Lumi's %ignore. 10% vs Lumi's 15% (at level 2, up to 20% at level 3). Would a superior version of Damage Reduction via Aran (or hell, any other class, as Aran was just an example) be such a bad thing? I hate to see duplicate skills, though. However, we also have Cannoneer and Kaiser links with %HP. Zzzz

7. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Since Link Skills are based off stats/in-game profits...(e.g: exp), what we still not have yet are:
    - Avoidability
    - Drop rate (plz be link skill of the next job)
    - Speed/Jump
    - % ATT/M.ATT
    - %MP, STR, INT, DEX, LUK seperately (not all stat of Xenon)
    - Special skills (like Kanna/Hayato one :D)
    - Meso generator (like 10m for each level up )
    There's unlimited possibilities for them if Nexon use it wisely
    Personally, I'm a bit disapointed with Adventurers Revamp since they still keeps 3 pineapple beginner skills, I'm sicked with that. At least they can add something like Return to their hometown...

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

You forgot %acc which will certainly be a BM link skill

9. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

10. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Nice ideas you have there! I think a flat ATT/M.ATT is more balanced, although we already have Hayato, but having a skill stuck at level one with only 5 ATT sucks. What do you mean by Kanna and Hayato "Special skills"? Drop rate sounds like a great idea! And % avoid would be awesome too! I think %Str would fit Heroes, and % avoid for Shadowers, since they are already very nimble and evasive and DB are already capped at avoid, right?

Oooooooooh, what is this? I am on someone else's computer, so I can't type the characters into Google Translate at the moment.

11. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Pretty sure most of us have had thoughts like this. Aran and Evans should probably get them (as the other heros have them). KoC did get a link skill when they were completely remade, they should do that to more classes.

12. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Yes, if anybody should get them, it should be the remaining Heroes. Since we already have the Adventurer updates in RED and they have received nothing regarding link skills, then perhaps our only hope at the moment is Resistance characters. Sad to say all of this is EXTREMELY wishful thinking at this point. A girl likes to dream, though.

13. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Return to Maple Island, kk
    What I mean by mentioning Kanna & Hayato beginner skills is its attack ones, Nine-tailed Fury and Summer Rain. It would be great if Adventurers have sort of those skills, a long-delayed one but powerful and gorgeous

14. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Alright, I see what you are saying. Instead of having three skills that no one uses (at least, not for practical purposes and only for lols), having a glorious skill custom-made for each respective class that is powerful (but not OP) and usable from level 1 or 10, and it remains relevant even at higher levels, because OOOH PRETTY and decent damage. I don't think the damage bonus would be necessary to carry over, however. I use it on my Sengoku classes, but it's not the most practical buff. I see a giant, swirling snowstorm cutting through monsters and reducing defense for I/L's.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Two link skills I'd really like to see:

1) Grappling Hook.

2) Mastery.

16. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

How about:
    Hero: Gain Attack / Magic Attack equal to (Your Level / 20)+10 at level 1, (Your level/10)+10 at level 2 or (Your level/5)+10 at level 3
    Paladin: 10% / 15% / 20% Damage Reduction
    Dark Knight: 5% Chance to restore 10% HP on hit / 10% chance for 15% / 15% for 20% chance

I/L: Do 220% damage two times on up to 10 monsters in front of you, reducing their elemental resistances by 50% / 75% / 100% for 30 seconds. 45 second cooldown (pineapple your Physical resistance, Chaos Vellum)
    F/P: Damage against debuffed/DoTed mobs is increased by 5% up to 2 times / 5% up to 3 times / 5% up to 4 times
    Bishop: Upon level up gain 5% / 10% / 15% EXP

Bowmaster: Increase minimum critical damage by 10% / 15% / 20%
    Marksman: Increase maximum critical damage by 10% / 15% / 20%

Night Lord: Gain a 5% / 10% / 15% to dodge attacks
    Shadower: Increase drop rate of items and mesos by 10% / 15% / 20%
    Dual Blade: Toggle on/off. When a monster attacks you (even if the attack is dodged), gain a 20% / 30% / 40% chance to counter with 150% / 175% / 200% damage

Buccaneer: Increase your attack speed by one for 20 / 30 / 45 seconds with a 90 second cooldown
    Corsair:

Battle Mage: Increase damage when attacking multiple monsters by +2.5% for each target hit (e.g. if you're using an attack that hits 15 targets that hits 9, its damage is increased by 22.5%) / 5% / 7.5%
    Wild Hunter: For 90 / 135 / 180 seconds, your ignore defense will stack additively rather than multiplicatively, 180 second cooldown
    Mechanic:

Aran: Gain the ability to walk / jump while attacking with any skill. At level 1 your Speed/Jump is reduced to 80%/100% when doing so. At level 2 there is no penalty to your speed or jump. At level 3, you may use a movement skill and an attacking skill concurrently
    Evan: Increase your mastery by 5% / 10% / 15%. Stacks with other Mastery Skills

i have no ideas for corsair or mechanic honestly
    Some of these are probably stupid and/or overpowered but pineapple you it's 4 am

17. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

If all of the above were implemented, I would never have enough character slots. *sobs*

18. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

Realistically, idk why people want BaM links. Then all resistance will need links. Not gonna happen. Same with adventurers.

I do think however, that Evan and Aran need links.

I could picture some half-baked goofy theme for them revolving around a trinity and would look something like this:

Aran - 3%def 3%att 3%hp
    lvl 2 = 5% lvl 3 = 7%

Evan - 3%mdef 3%m.att 3%mp
    lvl 2 = 5% lvl 3 = 7%

If they did get original however, I could see :

Aran - 5% increased damage to ice skills. Every 50 attacks(since arans are about combos) an extra 100% damage in cold damage done. (Would have a cool aran image/animation upon damage and function like a final att)
    lvl 2 = 10% increase and every 30 attacks.

Evan - 5% increased damage to fire skills. 10% chance to apply an aura upon taking damage that boosts defenses by 100, attack/magic att by 10 and reduced spell cost by 10% for 10 seconds.
    lvl 2 = 10% increase in fire skills and 15% chance to apply an aura that boosts defenses by 200 att/m.att by 20 20% reduced spell costs 10 seconds.

The aura would look like an orange-to-red version of the blue aura they already have.

I also believe for Evans, Their dragon should turn red when under the effect just because it's their unique skill.

Arans should have a snowy outline when their skill activates and I guess it should attack twice for double the time so for example, lvl 1 activates every 50 hits but additionally for aran, every additional 50 hit after would attack twice and then reset.

There'd be no level 3 just because I said so.

19. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

I think if adventurers somehow get link skills it would be something like CK's, they all get the same one.

20. Default Re: I heard you like link skills. (Link Skill expansion proposal)

I personally dislike the idea of adding links to every single class unless they also give out a substantial amount of character expansions as well. I wouldn't like feeling limited to what I can and can not make due to the nature of their link skills and how they'd benefit me. Sure, everyone's not like me, but I know I'm not the only one who'd feel forced to min-max their character slots to best suit their main.