Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

A GM just came to our map at Kerning square and starting banning every single member of our party one by one without saying anything. We were leeching kills for attendance.

How is this bannable? Would a warning hurt? If you don't want us to... oh I don't know, DO THE EVENT, then why have it at all? Is it that hard to explicitly state in the event info that doing it more than once on an account is against the rules? Why not script it so that it isn't even possible?

I'm absolutely fuming right now. This is ridiculous.

3. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Banning you for something that was neither hacking or use of third party programs.

Calm down Satan Nexon.

4. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Who was doing the killing? There's some skills that can't be seen if a player was not on the map when the skill started.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

He could have been banning you for leeching.

Spoiler

6. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

wait don't the kills have to be within your level range?

if I had to take a guess, people getting credit for kills done on a lower levelled character is technically an exploit.

also, having a full party of people leeching kills and saying nothing, even if it's all different people, to a gm, it will look like one person on six clients.

7. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

I wouldn't put it past THIS staff...

Is multi-clienting actually even against the rules? If it's on 6 different computers? We were leeching from a luminous using reflection. No multi clienting involved, and we just talk in a skype call. A GM should not simply be allowed to ASSUME anything. They need solid proof that anything against the rules is actually taking place.

8. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Holy pomegranate. That's some serious BS.
    They've also been cracking down on people saying S>/B> NX or having things like that in shop title.

Guess that's easier than patrolling bosses and banning actual hackers. Gotta make their ban rates look good somehow, I guess.

9. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

so you were all sitting on ropes doing nothing, and a gm bans you all because it looks like you're botting.

if you don't want to be banned for hacking, don't do things that make you look like you're hacking.

multi clienting is what it looked like you were doing, which, as the client doesn't inherently let you run multiple instances, is considered an exploit.

gm sees six people leeching off one guy, not doing anything, must be a hacker exploiting the event. ding dong bannu.

10. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

I didn't know sitting on a damn rope was so suspicious. Did you ever go to LHC? Why weren't there massive droves of bans on a daily basis there?

If I could downvote your post twice I would. There was NO HACKING GOING ON. There is legit no possible way to tell if someone is multi clienting or not, and assumptions should NEVER BE MADE WHEN BANNING SOMEONE.

11. Proton Straight Female
    IGN: SoulLuminite
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 203
    Job: Luminious
    Guild: Crayons
    Alliance: Rise
    Farm: Soulenite
    California

All of use who was on kill duty every day was a Luminous, but our friend on a mule account that got banned was a Jett.

12. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Because people actually hacked there; that's not what Nexon bans for.

13. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Hmm idk how Reflection could look like hacking.

That sucks =(

14. Proton Straight Female
    IGN: SoulLuminite
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 203
    Job: Luminious
    Guild: Crayons
    Alliance: Rise
    Farm: Soulenite
    California

>n> It was only 4-5 OF US AT THE TIME! We were RIGHT THERE talking.

15. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

That's some suspicious stuff going on. What was the GM even thinking?

16. Proton Male
    IGN: DemsXE
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 207
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Prime
    Farm: Dems

To be fair we were talking in-game. It's not like we were all just afking or being robotic. People jumped around and on and off the rope. It really didn't appear completely robotic.

17. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

it could simply be they hired in some new gamemasters who have no idea what the hell they're doing, I was just trying to offer my perspective on the situation, since I have personal experience doing gm work in another game.

18. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

That sucks :X, I wonder if it's an isolated ban since we did 16 mules today without a hitch

19. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

- This is interesting.

- I suppose that the GM thought that you were hacking or something.

- A question: Did the GM come in to your map whilst visible to you and ban you?

- Regardless, I suggest that you send a ticket to Nexon in an attempt to get unbanned.

20. Proton Male
    IGN: DemsXE
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 207
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Prime
    Farm: Dems

This is possible but where is the employee monitoring? Why is a new GM allowed to PERMANENTLY ban someone? If you're hiring new GMs why not step up your support system so instances like these can be rectified quickly? The bottom line is this is horrible business. It won't be fixed in time for us to get the scrolls. Those hours of doing attendance mules are all completely wasted.