Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

I've managed to defeat him in battle!

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Neither of those are being sold to a third party (as defined by tos) nor are they being sold for anything of value (as defined by tos). This is a perfectly legitimate trade to nexon's tos.

Was that too many tos's or was i being repetitive?

3. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

- Well what is this? It seems that this thread went from discussing why players were banned doing attendence, to a discussion about whether selling/buying NX for meso is illegal.

- I find this highly hilarious because it's a fact that buying/selling NX is illegal, which makes you illegitimate. Refer to Section 2.3.2 of Nexon's Terms of Use if you don't believe me: http://www.nexon.net/legal/terms-of-use/

- In fact, I'll even quote it here for those who have trouble reading or finding said passage:

- I believe that we can get back on topic now that this is out of the way.

4. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

You're arguing a rule me and a user posted. Your response is SS a method to transfer specific CS items? Let me explain to you the legal problem with making pure nx transferable with mesos. Most of what nexon does is considered gambling, however, because you purchase the nx card you're essentially giving nexon money where nexon rewards you with an advertised amount of NX points. That transaction is the only legal transaction the united states (or any country for that matter) recognizes. Some states don't charge and sales and use tax, because they don't recognize the transaction as "goods".

Now here's where your argument cracks through, you essentially then use the points to purchase an item, which is a valueless software, defined by the TOS. By trading straight NX for meso it is in fact, considered real life trading. Because you're directly taking the points you purchased and putting them for mesos. Item's are entirely different circumstance, because you have bought into their software. There is a reason there is no method to convert meso into nx or vice versa direcetly. NX directly has a value, 25k for $25, but once you spend that 25k nx on anything in the game, it's no longer a direct proportion, you now, by Nexon's TOS, own a piece of it's valueless software.

If you break the rule's it's under the discretion to cherry pick which rules they want to enforce, the point is, they should and can enforce any rules you agree to follow. Period.

They have to prove it first off. That is a legal discussion that we aren't going to have since the TOS goes over your head. It's a poor example because you're taking a form of employment in comparison of getting the privilege to use a service.

Apples and Oranges. See what you're unable to grasp, whether through sheer ignorance or stubbornness, is that the law does not just limits you, it protects you. So what you're telling me is Nexon is not fair in doing so, but nothing in the world can stop them from doing so. Nothing. So what course of action or arguments are you going to present and to whom? To the company who shanked you? The BBB may listen to your inquiries but that doesn't mean jack either.

That's the bottom line.
    Yes but Nexon's method of management of maplestory is not ever going to reach the court of law. It's very clear, you don't like the service, quit. It's even in the ToS. What do you think you can go to court and waste taxpayers money arguing over software that has no value? Free also means free of liability unfortunately. Figure this would all be a no-brainer but I guess I over estimated you.

I agree, you should be able to defend yourself, like every mother f`ucking other person with common sense. The point is you can't. It has always been that way, and you signing up and using their service you surrender yourself to that treatment. Period.

Then your example is wrong. You are not a guest at nexon america, you are requesting to use their service. You're asking me to borrow my marker, you never own anything you do in any Nexon game, ever, you relinquish that right of ownership. You like many other players don't understand this, and feel more entitled as a user. Well, reading the ToS< which you still havent done, you'll see it's clearly the opposite as you forfeit pretty much everything.

Wow. You really haven't read anything have you? I quit using this system because there is no way to fight it, you have no legal standing against something like this. You do in real life, you have methods to combat what is considered unfair, you do not in the games of Nexon. So it doesn't matter how you think, or feel about how they do things, they can do it because there's nothing in your 17 year old brain that can stop them. Instead of trying to argue with me the obvious solutions to most unfair practices in business', you give me a non-fictional one that you could fight nexon with? You can't, because there isn't a method to combat a practice that in the eyes of the law, is fictional.

It says so in the TOS, the end. But I elaborated the legal crap behind it earlier just for you.

Yes you have, or you're ignorant of it. What have you done to attempt to stop it? Argue with me the moral dilemma that they don't give a crap about, clearly? You play because you're addicted, period, as any rational person would not put up with the service with the restrictions presented. They are there and your account is always at risk, just from playing the frekin game. You lag during a boss? Game recognizes it as no delay and bans you. Jump while flying on the crane from mulang to orbis? Permanent ban. These all have exited, including database leaks. So you're clearly the psychopath here.

And what authority regulates such policies? There isn't one for a system like this. The only way for the customers opinion to even matter is if you stop using the service. You can't do it, so why can the guy next to you can? Because it's not an issue until it's become a personal issue. Out of the two of us, I have done more for the better of the community than you have in your entirety of playing this game.

Really? I mean, are you so sure of that? Because history is about to sh`it all over you. There are at least a half dozen instances of hundreds of players at a time being banned unfairly. Where players got hacked because of nexons database leak which they didnt even inform us about until 3 months later. Yet you still play, like other players still play. You believe in the power of the customers opinion which surely will eventually come together and stamp out evil! F`uck off, that is fiction. Most people who get banned make a new account and come back thinking they can become better, that surely they will be more efficient, that nexon can't hold them down.
    If you keep letting people die because you didn't hire a maintenance crew to repair a few theme park rides, then you will eventually lose service.

What responsibility does nexon hold specifically? It's a free service, there's no real requirement besides sign up to be able to play, what legal action can you and I take if my account gets compromised? What makes you think that nexon can't outspend you in the court system, until you're bankrupt over a small claim of perhaps "traumatizing experience". You know nothing of the real world, you're a naive child who is desperately clinging to some sense that everything in the world has some justice, it has too, there has to be repercussions to those who do wrong! This is in movies for a reason, Nexon hold's no responsibility, there is nothing that holds them accountable, no authority above them. All you as a person can do is leave and leave the sh`itty feedback on their BBB rating. That's the limitation of something that the law does not recognize after you purchase that NX card, everything in the game is for free, purely fictitious, if you lose your account, you lose nothing but time.

5. Electron Straight Male

IGN: Jubiito
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 85+
    Job: Hayato
    Guild: Crisis
    Farm: RailTracer

Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

So you agree, that we are allowed to purchase NX, or NX items with mesos, therefore mesos - NX type transactions are allowed.

6. Electron Straight Male

8. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

I knew it! Eventually you'd go crazy after banging your head so much trying to convince/argue with these things that can't even understand what you're saying.
    Good luck getting your sanity back! :(

9. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

IM PERFECTLY SANE, I'M JUST TRYING AN ALTERNATIVE WAY.

10. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

you need to work on your artistic skills

anyways, no idea if this has been brought up already, but what would meso for nx gifts fall under? Since the points are already redeemed they don't have real value anymore, no? Or is that covered in the ToS just cause

11. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

I would consider that allowed because it's your choice to gift NX items*(software), but it wouldn't be considered scamming if the person does not give you the meso payment. The TOS explicitly says no transactions at all, even though they are both valueless, I believe this is to discourage players of being scammed rather than the legality.

12. Electron Straight Male

First of all, that is your interpretation. Therein lies nothing specific about using legitimate NX to trade with legitimate mesos. Once the NX is bought, the owner has payed real money. The difference between using items as currency, instead of direct NX is none. The other person who bought the NX with mesos will still use the NX, whether through gifting/cubing/etc.

Again, you say that you don't side with Nexon, yet you're saying they "should" enforce every rule whenever they please. Why?

It's a direct comparison between rules and policies. They both state the company has full authority and can terminate you within their own discretion.
    It is a customer's privilege to be in any restaurant, mall, shop, game, or whatever have you. I don't see your point.

You're saying they a right to be unfair, and they should be unfair.
    I'm saying they have the capability to be unfair, and they shouldn't be unfair.

I'm sure, that if Nexon's reputation continues to decline, it will lose a lot of business rapidly. Whether someone is fed up and attacks their server, or somewhere down the line they screw up, and some miraculous family manages to sue them for whatever insane reason.

Me, living life, is already an automatic compliance with my complete freedom, so according to you, I am surrendering myself. Just remember, that we do this in all aspects of life. Why should it any different here?

Again, it doesn't matter that every ToS states they can terminate your use of their service for whatever reason they please without justification. I or any other normal person who gets the short end of the stick for something we didn't do, will go to bat and do something at the very least. Whether that be something common, like stop using their service and letting others know how terrible it is. Or take it two steps further and continuously post videos/blogs/etc to destroy reputation. Or maybe even be vindictive enough to crash the game so often it has to shut down. This has happened to a server on minecraft that I played on, where the admins/mods were complete arseholes, had double standards, and used authority for personal satisfaction. Guess what, they were successful for about half a year, making a decent amount of money as side cash, but karma went and bit them in the ass. The server has been attacked so much, they decided to just shut it down.

Sure, Nexon is a bigger corporation, that also means a larger audience.

If everyone knew the entirety of the "terms and conditions" every time they checked off that box, everyone would be too scared to use anything.

I play, because I am bored, you are here, because you are bored. Surely you understand that you're life is just as meaningless. You think you have contributed to the community? You have exhausted the resources of this world just like everyone else, and you are the same piece of sh!t as all of us.

I'm not quitting at the moment, but I can, and so can the next. It already has begun. Having only 3-4 people in the FM on channel 1 is a clear indication that maplestory is dying. The fact that everyone is using smegaphones and moaning/complaining about Nexon, means that it is dying.

No one cares about evil or justice or whatever. What people care about, is themselves. If someone personally screws them over for doing nothing wrong, people will get mad. Get enough people mad, and you have a problem.

13. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

It's the law sherlock.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5362

For it to be a wager it would have to hold a value, NX points hold a value until you spend them on maplestory software ie specific in game items. Sure you can attempt to fabricate a meso to nx cash trade, but that's against the rules for your own protection of being scammed. By purchasing an NX item with meso through in game means (which they conveniently made possible) we refer back to the picture I drew you.

Because you agreed to it. That's the bottom line, it doesn't matter if it's morally wrong or not, you said they could, so they should. There is no argument against this as there is nothing to regulate it, period.

But you're paying for food, you want a quality service. When you purchase an nx card, it's worded specifically "rewarded". They don't provide any service besides you being able to have access and they will reward you for your gracious charitable donation.

But yours is simply a subjective request, while mine is fact. They can legally do whatever they want, morally it doesn't matter. They just can because they have no regulating authority above them. So it doesn't matter if you request it because the only people who have the authority to make your request is the company you requested.

They have millions of dollars not specifically from maplestory. Although I will say that it's their cash cow. By playing the game you are being anti productive of this "vision" you see, stop being a sheep and lead the way if you think it's plausible.

Yes we sacrifice freedom for security and safety. You have no argument here, because you can't give me an answer. Who will defend you? Who regulates them? NO ONE FOR F`UCK SAKE. You surrender all of that for this service because there isn't an option, if you have one GIVE IT.

ARE YOU F`uCKING KIDDING ME. JESUS CHRIST DUDE, you think nexon has a good reputation Laugh My Fucking Ass Off.

All and I mean all of that has been done, GENERATIONS before you. Use google for christ sake.

...This has been done before too -_-. Half of the duping issues happened just because of this. Anymore idea's? Not even confronting you probably don't even half the capable software to even do it yourself.

But you'll see it's maplestory specifically with these complaints. So it's a small fraction of the audience. Also, because you're so goddamn lost on what the problem is. It's the maplestory Korean CEO's who give us the problems. So congratulations, you shut down nexon America, yet the policies and money making still is making millions from Japan/China/Korea.

Your point? That they are no longer enforceable because of ignorance? "I didn't know I couldn't exploit this glitch, it seems silly that I can't!!". Seriously.

I quit, and that action brought others to quit, which showed more of an impact on nexons revenue stream than your actions have done. The point, you have again, missed, is that you can spend waste your time with something that won't wipe you off the planet. You're playing a straight up abusive game and you think I'm judging you on how you live your life? I'm judging you how you choose to spend your time, especially with your strongly contradictory opinion. "Nexon is evil! -continues to play", dumb logic is dumb.

People have been saying maplestory is dead since 2006 for christ sake. The reason why there's no people in fm channel 1 is because it's become worthless. Shops are more productive and requires no attention. You clearly haven't been playing that long.

It's already happened, multiple times, nothing has changed, and for you to wait for it based on these observations that have been available to you for almost a decade, is idiotic.