1. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Autoban would be nothing new but an actual gm walking there and... wow I'm at loss of words. In fact I don't think words or facepalms exist to express how I feel.

When something days NX, it's top priority for them. Although I can't see nx-meso trades affecting them negatively in any way, but it's not like they're always that smart at Nexon.

2. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

are you serious

i haven't leeched any kills for this but omg. two months for this stupid pomegranate?
    i hope a competent person replies to your ticket, justin @_@.

3. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but I was leeching a character on a Luminous just because it was the only character that day I hadn't Ring leveled and Reflection is just about the most hack looking move in the entire game. I stopped using that character because it was so questionable.

It probably also doesn't help that there is in fact a hacker at Kerning Square, at least there was today when I was finishing my mule. There were Aegis (Xenon) missiles flying all over my screen. He CCed, then came back for a second round.

Either way, I think I'll try to get away with tomorrow then be glad (or not) all my other equips that need Unique Potentialling are untradable/on my main.

4. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

the only employee monitoring that really happeed. at least from when I used to gm for cipsoft, was they'd log the commands you used, and log your chat.
    granted it was a long ass time ago. I got let go because they downsized the gm team and moved towards a community volunteer system.

but all I would do was watch for people shouting things that broke tos, and look for botters.

that game was pretty horrible to be honest. I'm amazed it's still going.

5. Proton Straight Female
    IGN: SoulLuminite
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 203
    Job: Luminious
    Guild: Crayons
    Alliance: Rise
    Farm: Soulenite
    California

Yeah
    We don't know, but we weren't.
    No, we're not sure exactly what happened, but it was BS.
    All of us who have did.

6. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

the logic behind it is that the person who bought the nx is a lost customer for an actual cash sale.

they want people to buy nx with money, not mesos.

7. Proton Male
    IGN: DemsXE
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 207
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Prime
    Farm: Dems

Yes but the person who bought the NX to buy the mesos is still a paying customer. Realistically, it's probably more of a legal issue than anything. People who buy NX don't normally buy it once and people buying NX to buy mesos will almost certainly buy again. From a business standpoint, if they're not completely braindead then they know that buying NX for mesos is GOOD for business, not bad.

8. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Whats horrible about this situation is that Girasol can't come to the rescue this time. Another case of Nexon doing things that piss people off while simultaneously failing to prevent other (more reasonable to doubt) things that also happen to piss people off. (Hacking, exploits, etc) Tackle whatever comes easiest, I suppose.

Hanging on ropes doesn't make you a hacker, nor does it constitute a breach of the in-game rules. Its another one of those "Looks like one, must be one" scenarios. Sort of like how "all Battle Mages are filthy botters". Idiots.

9. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Out of curiosity, but, did you see a GM or have a message popup from a GM before getting D/Ced? Only reason I ask is typically any ban that lasts exactly 1 month is considered an autoban from the server. If that were the case, I wish you the best of luck but chances are if you get any sort of reply like I had in the past, they will tell you tough luck, wait out the ban.

10. Proton Male
    IGN: DemsXE
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 207
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Prime
    Farm: Dems

No notices but 3 permanent bans and my mule account received the only temporary ban. We changed lumis after the first ban(thinking oh well, let's finish at least) and then the second lumi was banned. So there was definitely a GM there banning.

11. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

But someone needs to buy nx for there to be nx to buy with mesos. Some people will buy nx for easy mesos, many people certainly. The less people buy nx, the more expensive it will be in mesos and the more it will motivate people to buy nx from nexon for profit.

Your logic is flawed, if they would lose money, there would've never been mts or tradeable nx items.

Edit:

Ninjad. Yep, it's for legal reasons. They're basically telling that when you buy nx with mesos or sell it you're doing it on your own risk and you have been warned.

12. Proton Straight Female
    California

Agreed. :c

13. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

- Ok, it's good that you've sent a ticket and hopefully, you'll be unbanned.

- Ah, I see. I asked if you saw the GM because they usually use their hide skill to remain hidden from the sight of regular players. As such, it would be quite odd if a GM just came in the map not using his/her hide skill and permanently banned all of you.

- Hence, if you actually didn't see a GM, perhaps he saw a skill go off without seeing who casted it or something similar.

- Regardless, hopefully all of you will get unbanned.

14. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

That really sucks ><; I would definitely fight it though I mean, to my understanding there is nothing wrong with being in a party and taking turns killing monsters for a quest.

15. Proton Straight Female
    California

We didn't see anyone, but we were talking in all chat arguing with either a GM or nothing there at all.

16. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

Wrong. Ways to get meso have been compromised by hackers. His logic is correct in that the company can and will lose money this way. Even individuals who could clear empress without a problem would have little need to buy nx as they can make serious cash (at least before unleashed) so imagine illegitimate players. Granted, the amount nexon would lose is seemingly inconsequential but a loss is still a loss.

17. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

I managed to escape just by logging out after the second one of us got banned, but 3 of my guildies total got banned, 2 of them permanent. -_- What a day.

18. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

That doesn't negate the fact that the NX has to enter into the economy by means of someone buying it legitimately with real money. And without said NX, they're not able to make a deal with anyone (hackers or not). NX is still being purchased that oftentimes wouldn't be purchased if it wern't for the incentive to trade it away for mesos.

I've said it before in another thread, but I'll repeat it here: Nobody will ever see me report anyone attempting to buy and sell NX for mesos. Their purchase, their money, their choice: technicalities of the T.O.S. be damned. Just my opinion and what I personally stand by.

19. Default Re: PSA: GMs are banning players for attendance.

it's the imaginary loss scenario, for everyone gifted an item under x dollars, they lose y

let's say it's a 2000 nx exp coupon
    someone gifts you one for 200m, nexon loses three potential dollars of profit, because if the player hadn't sold it to you, you'd have had to give them five dollars for your two dollar item

20. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

"Let's ban people for not giving us more money."