1. Default Monitor going into power save mode when plugged in with HDMI cable

I'm trying to get my computer to recognise my monitor, and it works fine using VGA, but it doesn't work when it's plugged in with an HDMI cable. Whenever it's plugged in with the HDMI it flashes up on the screen "There is no signal coming from your computer. Press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse to wake it up. If there is no display, press the monitor button now to select the correct input source on the On-Screen-Display menu."

Using the keyboard/mouse doesn't do anything when this happens, and if I set the source to HDMI, it says "Entering Power Save Mode." and then goes into standby after about 5 seconds, if I set the source to 'auto select' it says "No VGA Cable detected. The display will go into Power Save Mode in 5 minutes."

It must work with HDMI since it's really new, but I have no idea how to get it working. Anyone have any suggestions? ;_;

2. Default Re: Monitor going into power save mode when plugged in with HDMI cable

Is your windows and graphic card drivers up to date? (you never know!) Otherwise I would suggest simply trying to boot with the cable already connected and see if that does anything.

If your monitor came with a software disc I would recommend trying to install the drivers from that as well.

3. Default Re: Monitor going into power save mode when plugged in with HDMI cable

I'd recommend rolling back your graphics, and/or display adapter drivers, and updating them to their last dated update. I had a similar problem with my desktop earlier this morning, though -
    I was having issues because the graphics, or display drivers weren't picking up my HDMI input though I had the cable connected to both my monitor and desktop. I decided to roll back the graphics driver, and update it once again, restarted my computer and my HDMI cable was recognized.. I just had to toggle the display settings afterwards. Good luck.. :x

BTW if you're resorting to down/upgrading the drivers, make sure the HDMI cable is plugged in at all times to both the desktop and monitor, as well as the VGA so you can see what you're doing..
    My desktop has Intel HD integrated graphics.

4. Default Re: Monitor going into power save mode when plugged in with HDMI cable

@ExtremeMonotreme; I've never been able to use the HDMI cable with this computer though, I've always had this/these errors, so I don't think that'd work =/

@Justin; All drivers are up to date (and installed from the disc), but booting with the cable plugged in gave me this error:

"Attention: Unsupported Video Configuration Detected

Action is Required

This computer has an add-in graphics card, but the monitor is plugged
    into the integrated video connector.
    To attach the monitor cable to the add-in graphics card:

1. Shut down the computer
    2. Plug the monitor cable into the add-in graphics card connector.
    This may require a video adapter or video adapter cable.
    (provided with the system)
    3. Turn on the computer.

This message should not appear after completing these steps.
    For more information or help, please refer to the system documentation

Please press power button to turn off system."

wat

5. Default Re: Monitor going into power save mode when plugged in with HDMI cable

have you ever installed a new graphics card into that laptop, or is all of the hardware still the same? Do you have multiple HDMI ports to try? It's possible you may need to look for driver updates for your motherboard itself so that the integrated graphics functions fully.

6. Default Re: Monitor going into power save mode when plugged in with HDMI cable

It's a desktop, and nope, all of the hardware is the same as it was when I bought it, and it only has one HDMI port. I got this computer in February so I don't think I'd need to look for driver updates for the motherboard :\

7. Default Re: Monitor going into power save mode when plugged in with HDMI cable

Just because you bought it recently that doesn't mean it doesn't have updates. Some hardware have serious issues that get patched within weeks of release.

That said, outside of driver updates and the possibility of your HDMI port being dead (on either end) I don't really think there's much I can do to help you :(