1. Electron Male

IGN: powerdual14
    Server: Scania
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    Guild: Infiniti
    Alliance: Saga

Default Can't go past channel selection

So, I've played Maplestory for several years. Recently, I moved into an apartment complex. Once I got here, Maplestory stopped working for me. I don't know why, but it simply does not work. If I leave the apartment complex, I can connect to the game just fine. So, logically, the issue is with the apartment's internet. That being said, initially I could not start the game at all. I'd click start and the game would just give me the firewall error without ever loading hackshield/blackcipher. So, I did some research and discovered some ports that need to be open to run the game. I requested the ports be opened and eventually they were. (Ports 8484,8585,8686, and 8787 for those of you who are curious). After the ports were open I could load the game, but then I could only get as far as the channel selection screen. When I get there and try to log in, the entire window freezes and then gives me the error message "Having trouble logging in? ..." I get this error message with my firewall on and off. I get this message no matter how I launch the game, including Steam gamelauncher, and the website. I have tried to set up a tunnel. I have tried VPN clients. I have tried Hotspot Shield. None of it works. I do not have access to the router that gives the apartment complex internet so I can't change anything myself. But, I don't know what to change. Does anybody have any clue as to my problem? If y'all need any more details I would be happy to oblige. Just be specific on the details required please. Thanks,
    powerdual14

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Can't go past channel selection

I think your problem is still the ports, although 8585 should be enough to give you access to channels 1, 5, 9, 13, and 17 (at least I think so. I don't know Scania's setup, only MYCK's, but I think Eos commented on Nexon finally making their network uniform, so it should be the same).
    Maple also uses 8586, 8587, 8588.

Good luck.

3. Electron Male

IGN: powerdual14
    Server: Scania
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    Guild: Infiniti
    Alliance: Saga

I will try getting those ports opened and report back. Thanks for the response. :)

You said that there's a uniform network. Does this mean there's a set of network requirements on a forum somewhere that shows what ports must be open, etc to access maplestory? If there is, I would love a link to it, so I can send it on to the IT guy here and he can finally give me a solution.
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2013-07-27 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Use the edit button, don't double post.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Can't go past channel selection

No, Nexon don't tell us what ports we need to play the game, and they occasionally change their IP addresses and ports without telling us. The ones I listed are the ones I observed (using netstat) being used. You can try asking @Eos for a more comprehensive list.

5. Default Re: Can't go past channel selection

Login Server requires - 8484
    hackshield requires - 47611
    Game Channels requires - 8585-8591
    Cash shop requires - 8791