1. Default Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=67452

@hadriel; @Mazz;

Note: I am strictly talking about bosses only.

1. Making a chart for my Xenon similar to the one in mazz's. One question I have though is about %dmg. Not sure if dual blades have any natural %dmg but Xenons do. But from what I remember about calculating stuff and researching updated information, I think some of the calculations are wrong because of the assumption that Mazz's DB has 0% total damage (which I'm sure is not the case as he's getting at least some from kanna and dojo glove).

So basically just throwing out some hypothetical numbers, if I had 50% damage, 200% boss, then my effective damage rate would be 3.50 right instead of 3.00? Then when comparing the 20% boss neb, I would be using a value of 3.70 instead of 3.20 right?

2. Can someone link or explain how to calculate your say base dex with all your gear on? I know it has something to do with using MW then doing some calculations

3. Ambition works now right?

4. Is this PDR chart correct for the bosses listed?

Probably got some more later.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

No, i don't think ambition works still. I wouldn't count on it ever being fixed.

3. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

Assuming by dex you mean your primary stat, it goes like this:
    1) check your base+bonus without MW. eg. 1000+2000.
    2) cast MW and check again. eg. 1000+2100
    3) Multiply base by the MW bonus (5% for example) = 50
    4) Divide the difference to get your %stats: 100/50 = 2.0 (which is +100% stats)
    5) Divide your first total by this amount: 3000/2.0 = 1500
    6) So your gear and stuff are adding a flat +500 stat, and +100% stats.

4. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

Dual Blade doesn't have any %damage that affects damage range, but they get 60% from Final Cut. I had 10% from Kanna, however much is on Hero's Gloves (20%?), 9% on my Dagger, 9% on Katara. All that + another 10% from Demon Avenger now.

Also, I'm about 90% sure Ambition doesn't work.

5. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

Hard Hilla is 100%, Empress is 100%, and Hard Magnus is 120%.

The rest of the Chaos Root Abyss bosses are correct.

6. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

So I believe hadriel's math is correct (I double checked them as well) but the numbers he used may or may not be correct (point #1 in OP) as the multiplier on bosses comes from

1 + total_damage% + boss_damage% + hyper

While in your original thread he only used

1 + boss_damage% + hyper

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

yea, that's correct, %total damage from hypers, certain skills (xenon's multilateral for example) and potentials (and apparently kanna and maybe demon avenger) all stack additively with %boss damage.

8. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

9. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

I'm at work now and can't do much heavy punching atm. Wait 14 hours for me.

Stereo got the numbers right.

I always count ambition. If it's a bug, it's a bug, not a problem with numbers. It usually doesn't change the conclusion.

Your effective damage rate on the first post is correct.

The PDR values came (mostly) from the Boss Module thread. I might have tried to catch some of the changes when doing those numbers but I can't verify now.

Ok after a quick look (I'm on the train now) indeed I didn't account for the gloves and stuff. I did declare that I simply used what he said, because I don't have experience with Dojo gloves and stuff. In which case simply continue the trend, which should be pretty obvious by now.

Hadriel
    Last edited by hadriel; 2013-07-24 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Very fast number check on the move.

10. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

That's no problem, I know the math was right but I had a feeling the numbers used weren't entirely correct for the true purpose that mazz wanted meaning the results he got were misleading. When I finish up my chart I'll post it here to see if anyone can check it for me.

11. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

Still doesn't change the conclusion. At that damage factor, another 10-30%DMG/Boss/Hyper is even less significant compared to IgnorePDR. A suitable approximate correction would be having the break-even point one PDR stage higher (i.e. 70% ---> 100%, 100% --> 120%).

You probably won't need me to check your numbers. It's relatively straightforward to do, even on Excel.

Hadriel

12. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

I got the bulk of it done, just needs fine tuning, mainly aesthetics. L>suggestions before I turn this into an official calculator and start spreading it more widely.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...&rm=full#gid=4

13. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

Looks ok.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: Calculating %increase from boss neb + other calculations/questions

You can format the cells to display % instead of doing x100.