IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: German.

I'm dieing to know whether this is actually how it sounds like.

2. Default Re: German.

Heavily exaggerated (especially naturwissenschaften) but yeah lol that's how they're pronounced :(

He pronounced daisy exactly like I would lol. Krankenwagen and kugelschreiber sound normal if you don't scream them

Hint: shouting anything in German makes it sound threatening

3. Default Re: German.

No one, I know, yells like that while talking...

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

German has too much 'sch' everywhere. Just can't pronounce it without being near to spit flying out my mouth.

Just try to pronounce this: Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübert ragungsgesetz. Yes, it's an actual word.

5. Default Re: German.

German tends to string words together much more frequently than other languages. The example I was taught was Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän, which simply means a captain of a boat on the Danube river. Or something like that.

6. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Oh, if you just knew Finnish you would know that long words are no strange thing here. In Finnish there's hardly any prepositions and most of the particles are found at the end of word. e.g. basic form epäjärjestelmällinen (unsystematic) could be epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänsäkäänköhän (roughly translated: not even with his/her ability to be unsystematic) in a bent form. Although there's hardly any case for that to be used, it's grammatically correct. Not to mention, that's leaving out compound words, which in Finnish are written without spaces. In other words there's technically no limit on how long a word can be:

Kumarreksituteskenteleentuvaisehkollaismaisekkuude llisenneskenteluttelemattomammuuksissansakaankopah an

Mustavalkotäplähylkeennahkasaapasrasvatahnarasiaka nnessanikaan

lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliups eerioppilaistansakaan

yhdeksänkymmentäkahdeksansataatriljoonaaviisisataa kuusikymmentäyksimiljoonaakahdeksansataayhdeksänky mmentäyhdeksäntuhattaviisikymmentäkolmesataakaksik ymmentäneljä

and so on

It's just that German is hard to pronounce for me. Although to be honest, I still have problems with some English words too. I'm not used to words being pronounced completely different from the written form.

7. Default Re: German.

None of the germans i know sound even the least bit angry when talking.

8. Default Re: German.

Well, there are extreme words like that, but no one would use it like that. You wouldn't use those words on a daily basis... unless you are a lawyer who is specialized in that law (Rindfleischettiketierungsgesetz). I've never used those... Also it's more elegant to split big words like that. "Der Kapitän der Donauer Dampf-Schifffahrtsgesellschaft", unless you mean something like the DGG Hansa (Dampfschifffahrtsgesellschaft Hansa) which can be abbreviated and is for sure being abbreviated in that industry. :D And it is not a word for every day life either.

I live in Germany and talk German everyday without spitting everywhere. xD It's so clichée, that Germans talk like that... like everyone is only watching Hitler movies and thinking that the whole German population is always mad and angry like that.

9. Default Re: German.

His Spanish pronunciation is also weird, he's got a really weird accent.

10. Default Re: German.

I find this both unoffensive and highly hilarious. But Germans don't speak like this. If my grandpa sneezes he'll sound like that haha. :P

11. Default Re: German.

I went to Berlin a while ago and I actually hated it there.
    People often do sound angy and annoyed mostly because they ARE.

People are abrupt, barely talk, refuse to speak English and look weirdly at you for not speaking German.
    Waiters barely look at you serving your food or talk (This happened at least 5 times) except for a single italian restaurant.
    In a supermarket there was an older man who had trouble focusing on paying with coins and the man behind
    the counter kept screaming (Yes screaming) and pounding on the counter saying BEZAHLEN! BEZAHLEN!

I don't know what's going on over there but nobody seems to be happy.

12. Default Re: German.

Go record yourself talking sexy in german, and I might take your word for it n_n. LOLOL

13. Default Re: German.

:T Berlin was always my least favorite place to go. I like going into the southern city-states more. Much more lively and happier people.

14. Default Re: German.

Yeah that's just Berlin. I lived in Germany for three years and everyone was fairly friendly there. It took me a while before the Germans would start speaking German back to me at restaurants. Berlin was slightly different from the rest of the country as you saw :/. As @Derosis says the southern states have much more friendly people there.

15. Default Re: German.

this reminds of the angry german kid oh god.

16. Default Re: German.

Well, I don't know how my voice sounds... hearing yourself talk is usally pretty strange. D:

But there's lots of Germans on Youtube, e.g.:

Spoiler