Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/news/current/00Gyw/

2. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Welp . . .

3. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

>not just buying the coupons on a <200 character and transferring them
    This just makes the game ever slightly more tedious which shouldn't be new to anyone

4. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Thank god I have 3x coupons left?

5. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Welp... Time to do a 4 hour card. LF> @Takebacker;

That's a good question @Marksman Bryan;, will x3 cards still work on 200+s?

6. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Very sad. But oh well, I guess.

7. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

yet u can still get them from the marvel machine. This is just another way for them to get more money off the marvel machine. . .

8. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Why would they do this NOW? There's already players that are 215+ that used 2x cards the entire way through. God damn it Nexon. and FIX WARRIOR GROUNDS. For pineapple's sake.

9. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Hmm, actually this raises some questions. I mean, they're not stopping 2x cards from working, they're just not letting you buy them anymore. So, does this include gifts, would you still be able to gift yourself cards? Will they disable the ability to redeem marvel codes for EXP coupons?

10. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Like Justin said, I wish they had of done this upon the actual release of the level cap raise. It's going to be near impossible to catch up to 22x players now. Also, this means that players are going to start using those illegitimate 1.5x buffs more (they work, but don't stack with 2x apparently).

11. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Would be a better fix to ensure that no EXP modifications work on level 200+ characters, since 3x cards/any remaining 2x cards will still work. Maybe I won't get my Demons to 210 after all...

12. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

inb4 they accidentally break it and make 2x cards unbuyable for anyone for a few days

13. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

How is the 250 cap unmeaningful if no one is even close to 250 yet?

14. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Ok, so how will this work for adventurers? Perhaps I can buy the 2x card on my 175 Corsair and then just pick it up with my 200+ Mage?

15. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

How does this "balance" the late-game experience? Sure, it makes 200-250 that much harder, but it was already much harder than 1-200 to begin with, especially given the recent mob EXP reductions.

Hey Nexon, why not make 1-200 increase in difficulty again on an exponential curve (because the original format actually makes sense in this contemporary game where everyone ohkos everything), so it's not a blast shot to 200 before hitting a brick wall for the last 50 levels?

16. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

I don't even get what they're doing anymore.

17. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

I wonder how well it would work if instead of having a diminishing ratio of HP:Exp (like they currently do), they kept the ratio exactly the same all the way but scaled the mob HP alone? We'd have lvl 200 normal mobs that would have ginormous amounts of HP. SUper high HP mobs. Super high exp to go with it. It still could be scaled to make things long in the upper levels. Hmm..

18. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

It will be interesting to see if Nexon has thought it all out after implementing this. Wouldn't shock me one bit if explorer characters having a shared cash shop would still be able to transfer 2x coupons from their explorer mule to their main explorer character.

19. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Hackers would have a real field day with that.

20. Default Re: Changes to Cash Shop EXP Coupons

Just like how you removed exp coupons from Big Bang, am I right?