1. Default Are Phantoms really that weak?

Was debating on which section to put this in, just ended up putting it in here to be safe.

When I came back to maplestory, I thought Phantom was pretty cool with the ability to steal adventurer skills and such. Also, I love how their concept of cards.

But now that I've read up a bit on the class, it seems they are awfully weak compared to other classes, especially when it comes down to bossing. Which seems like a real shame on a class that has great variety.

Just wondering if they could boss decently with minimal funding [by minimal I mean like full empress set minus shoulder pad with 25% potential~] By boss I probably mean the hardest thing I'm fighting would be chaos zak. I would love to try empress but with how things are now....I'll stay away. [although I might attempt instructors in evo whenever they are fixed!]

And one random question, does phantom's item drop rate buff stack with spider card? My friend who also has a phantom said that whenever he used the item drop rate buff from judgement draw the spider auto rebuffs, so he was wondering if the spider overides phantom's buff.

2. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default Re: Are Phantoms really that weak?

I think after the RED update they get bumped back into the top 10 DPS wise, which is really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKk41...e8d5JcoskiTfsQ

There's a video of a stupidly funded phantom at Chaos Vellum for inspiration, hah.

Not sure about the drop buff, sorry :(

3. Default Re: Are Phantoms really that weak?

Yes the nerf that we had gotten was severely uncalled for (my previous main was a Phantom). Bossing wise you're still going to need a stupidly high amount of funding to get anywhere with a Phantom (I have full empress minus the shoulder and I'm barely hitting 120k). The drop buff does stack with the spider buff, idk why the spider rebuffs however. Phantom's are horribly glitched atm (they can not use their loudout skill right now thanks to the recent Xenon patch). Anyways you should be doing around 120k-180k(?) with that sort of equipment (while I have empress My empress is clean and does not have very good pot on it). But if you're going to play a Phantom you better be prepared to simply have fun and not care about damage :P.

4. Default Re: Are Phantoms really that weak?

No, Phantoms are not bad in any way. They might not be the at the DPS top, but they can certainly be useful in the scenario you described, and way beyond.

About the drop rate thing; if the Phantoms drop skill is in the form of a buff, like the one from familiar, then it will override other such buffs (and be overridden). If it is a hidden bonus, like the one from taunt, it will stack perfectly fine.

5. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

So family x1.2 buff drop canc's my spider buff?

6. Default Re: Are Phantoms really that weak?

I don't think you can even activate family while spider or egg or anything is active.

7. Neon Atom Male
    usa

I did it everyday but I've ran out of rep now I just use 20% pendant and spider buff and tbh I get MMB's from Ranmaru much more often.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

No, familiar buffs refresh themselves very quickly (within seconds) so it will cancel the 1.2x on the next refresh.

9. Neon Atom Male
    usa

Thank you. Sucked cause I use to cash at the last second so I can do another Ranmaru and Hilla so I missed out on potential jap recipe's/MMB's ;~;