1. Default Why do I only feel like drawing when I want to sleep?

Short story shorter, it's 1 in the morning and I want to sleep, get the drawing bug. Hour and a half later here is the result.
    Decided to draw Pangoro cause he's so badass.

Pangoro

2. Default Re: Why do I only feel like drawing when I want to sleep?

Some people, like myself, are more creative in the night, or just work better late. Maybe that's the case for you too :)
    Also, good job!

3. Default Re: Why do I only feel like drawing when I want to sleep?

When i can afford to I also like drawing waaaay late at night, it just feels nice to be isolated (can't do much when everyone else in the house is sleeping) so you can really focus O.o

4. Default Re: Why do I only feel like drawing when I want to sleep?

They you're better at creative things when you're tired and analytic things when you're wide awake.

5. Default Re: Why do I only feel like drawing when I want to sleep?

I believe it is called creative insomnia. There have been a couple of studies that have suggested a positive relationship between sleep (or lack there of) and creativity. One specifically looked at 10-12 year olds and they found the more than 30 "creative" children had high sleep disturbances compared to their control counterparts. Plus writers and painters of the past have stated in their writings how sleep affects their creativity. Marcel Proust wrote, "Un peu d'insomnie n'est pas inutile pour apprécier le sommeil, projeter quelque lumière dans cette nuit. [A little insomnia is useful for appreciating sleep, for projecting some light into this night.]" As well as Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said "Si les insomnies d'un musicien lui font créer de belles oeuvres, ce sont de belles insomnies. [If the insomnia of a musician allows him to create beautiful pieces, it is a beautiful insomnia.]"

I find creativity requires insomnia to that extent. All of your thoughts of the day are collecting into one place and suddenly your mind is making connections it wouldn't normally make. Because you do not have the distractions and urgencies of everyday life to hinder your creative process. At least that is what I think.

6. Default Re: Why do I only feel like drawing when I want to sleep?

I drew another thing when I should've just went to sleep. I think this may be a recurring theme.

legit have no idea what this thing is