IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

As implied in the name of the thread (inspired by the original "How was your day?" thread in the Speakeasy as well as the sister thread in the League of Legends subforum), this is a place to post about your day in DotA 2!

In a nutshell, this thread is relatively open-ended, as it is a place for you to post little things about your day in DotA 2 that may not be applicable to other threads. If you want to post about your day in DotA2, complain about things that went wrong in a match or brag about plays that happened in matches that made your day, express your frustrations about the game, funny videos about DotA 2, anything and everything else relevant to DotA 2 that has defined your day - here is the place for you!

A few references 'round the DotA 2 subforum for your information:

- Simple Questions, Simple Answers by @Malthe. A general information thread about the basics of DotA 2, which covers the topics of lanes, last hitting, denying, pulling and stacking, as well as roles and positions

- DotA2 Videos and Pictures by @Malthe. A thread where DotA 2-related media - pictures and videos - are posted and shared.

- Helpful links and tips for DotA 2 players old and new by @IllegallySane. A thread that serves as a general resource guide for information about DotA 2 itself. Contains links to various DotA 2 fan sites where you can look up and find the information that you seek.

- DotA 2 updates by @Malthe. A thread where all of the patch/update notes for DotA 2 are posted and discussed about.

- SP DotA 2 Players by @Dusk. A thread where you can find SP members who play DotA 2 players. If you want to find a SP member to play with and don't know where to turn to, this is the place!

Why did I make this thread?

With that said, enjoy this thread and post away!
    Last edited by Jon; 2013-12-13 at 03:50 PM.

2. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Day started in a rather crappy way. Randomed Skeleton King, which I don't think I've played before but I've seen enough to get an idea. I'm asked to jungle, which I'm ok with since I had practiced a lot of that with several different heroes but I made a huge mistake, I stacked the small camp right away. I had only clear 1/3 that spawn at :30 when I stacked and the new ones were those annoying Kobolds that heal everything around them. SK's attack animation is obnoxiously slow, and I just couldn't kill the 5 of them fast enough. I burnt all my regen in the first 5 minutes being only level 2. After 15mins I caught up a bit, but missing for so long made my team loose :(

3. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Yeah Skeleton King isn't exactly the best hero to start off jungling even if he has that vampric aura for lifesteal. He doesn't have enough damage or bonus damage from any skills that he can use to kill the creeps fast enough like Lifestealer or Ursa.

My day started off pretty intense but a great game with Batrider, I almost got first blood but tanked way too much damage from the Kunkka and Creeps. However I followed up with two kills off Kunkka afterwards with a DD rune and illusions. Our team composed of 1 mid, 3 supports, and 1 carry while other team had 1 hard carry, 3 semi- carries, and 1 support. So I guess we did have an edge with our disables on their carries to win but it took longer than usual from our over extension throughout the game.

4. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Skeleton King is a horrible jungler and he should never be played that way. He's literally one of the slowest junglers in the game at level 1.

5. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Finally finished picture related:

Spoiler

pineapple yeah. Damn DDC and sylar were hard to come by.

Edit: Stamping them all in the compendium took forever.
    Also, this site helped me SO much with finishing the last few cards: http://swordbeta.com/dota2/

6. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

had venge and slark take a side lane lane, I was tree just casting living armor off cooldown from safelane
    damn that game was easy

7. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

I wish I had know that before agreeing to that :( I should've figured when I could only kill one creep in the easy camp in 20secs.
    Earlier today I had several bot matches to practice jungle again with heroes that can actually get something done there just so that the next time I get to jungle I don't fail miserably.

EDIT: I hate bots today.

8. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

I'm busy crying bi'tch tears.
    come on mouz...

9. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Na'vi stronk team i heard.

Were the games good? Wasn't at home to watch them live, but if they were stomps i wont bother watching them.

10. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

I couldn't watch most of it because they were cleaning this room and I watched parts of each game. I'm not 100% sure, but some games weren't stomps but certainly one sided.
    I think the first one was the only that felt like a stomp, or whichever it was that final score was like 21-1.

EDIT: There were some nice plays so I think it's worth it to watch the replays :)

11. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

don't watch the first two. they're not even worth it.
    watch the third one. you'll get why I want to eat cyanide.

12. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Na'Vi is just an overall better team, I love mouz but that's facts.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

I finally got a win as Weaver. Thank the Alchemist for ricing so hard that he could 1 vs 5 people easily. Yes it's a Compendium Match.

*My matches with Alchemist have been terrible. I can farm, but the first time I've been placed with Russians on each side, and people don't ward the map at all. The other lanes would be lost. Doom somehow managed to outfarm me. Plus I keep getting caught in Clockwerk Hook + Cogs or Doom. Sigh it's so hard to have fun trying to play a carry when the ones playing supports don't buy wards or do things like Disrupt when Lina ults a target.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2013-07-20 at 03:05 AM.

14. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Has anyone been actively looking at the "Unique players per month" thing on the official blog? It's been going up with 50+k every day for the past few days.

15. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Started to play again after a long break. 3 games so far with 2 excellents bounty hunters and an horrible venomancer(I never learned how to use it as a support .__.)

16. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

I just had one of those awfully weird games. Randomed Brood Mother first and after that no one picked support, we were actually 4 melees too. I lane with a Sand Kind hoping that I could get ok-ish farm there but nope! He gets almost every last hit because he wants "mana boots and blink for early dominance". Even if he landed 5 man burrow strike I had no items to finish even the squishiest support. Bought courier and upgrade, wards to deward and farm a bit but nope! :D Mid game I couldn't stay in a lane for more than 2 creep ways because if I went with someone I wouldn't get any farm and since I went alone I'd get ganked if I didn't leave after a couple creep waves. Sand King never stopped farming all game, by the end he had 300+ last hits or so. It's even funnier because the two carries, Spectre and I, would've done wonders with the farm but we didn't get any decent farm until very very late.
    Somehow they threw the game.

UPDATE: Am I terrible? Matchmaking supposed to team me with people around my skill level, they improved in the last patch or whatever yet another game with clueless people... 30min Zeus that only has bottle, mana boots and I'm guessing he was building an armlet. Tinker that uses march 10 times top in a 30min game, boots of travel used once or twice only. Am I that clueless?
    Last edited by Words; 2013-07-20 at 03:28 PM.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

My attempts to play a carry more instead of support continue to be hell. Lag spikes one game so I fed for ~1/4 the game as Weaver, and 2nd game today as an Alchemist the QoP AFKed out of the game and Gyro decided to lane against me so I lost the lane indefinitely.

18. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Started bad ended WORSE...
    Lost 4 out of 4.
    In two of them we had useless MEEPO...
    You can imagine how bad was the feedin.
    On the other two well it was lack of communication with the team and NOT organizing the lanes.

19. Neutron Male
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

Finished my TA third insight set :D, good day.

20. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Won two matches in the morning, wasn't completely sure how to play Bristleback but he's quite easy and fun. People chasing/diving me almost to fountain but they just couldn't get a kill was amazingly funny.
    However, in the afternoon I wanted to practice/learn some heroes I haven't played in a while, but bot matches are just pointless after 10-15mins, when lane phase is over... and even then if I'm not mid it's a headache. Oh, and that's if the lanes aren't stupid, like sending two carries to the same lane.
    Anyway, I played Medusa and bots won 4vs5 while I farmed. Enemy bots just wouldn't defend their towers or anything. Once I had two big items and joined tier 3 push, enemy bots would just stay in front of tier 4s without doing anything. What's the point?
    Then, a Slardar game in which I couldn't farm for a min or so because of support illusions autoattacking... why does a support gets a rune? And why do they have to auto attack when they get it? Later on in the same game, once I have ulti, I ping on enemy Drow Ranger and charge on... while the suppot bot who is in my lane just stands around doing nothing. When they gank on their own it's great because they chain stun perfectly but they have no coordination when it's me who wants to do something.
    Heroes that depend on farm or ganks feel just pointless in a bot game.