Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

The Naga lost them the game, look at her items. I was surprised when I killed her but not so much anymore... at least I can feel good about myself because I didn't mess up targeting an illusion, because I wasted everything on her lol.
    Staying at base defending for so long was boring, but it looks cool that I had only 3 deaths in 70min match. Chew with 10k gold also looks awesome, next time while saving for buyback consider buying a Ghost Scepter (if most of their damage comes from autoattacks) or a BKB if they have mostly magical nukes.
    I wish that in those games we were able to split push more :/
    And yeah, I think Skype helped a whole lot! We should keep doing it :D

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Aw. I felt that if you can get the money to farm a 2nd Refresher Orb you deserve to be ballin' and ult 3 times in a row.

It was kind of funny that they couldn't isolate you even with a Gem.

Alternatively we could use the in-game chat, but then again we gotta press a button down to chat.

I look in shame at my 12 deaths for that game, but then again we all saw how much chaos and deaths came from just popping down the wall + vacuum combo on their carries. Game would have ended much sooner had I not fed so much.

3. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

There's an option where you can leave the mic "open" so you don't have to press the button.

4. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Watching Mouz vs Fnatic, what's up with long games lately? ._.
    It looks like one of our long games too... except they all play insanely well.

5. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

6.78. splitpushers got buffed, some variety of pickoff (the base-breaking type) got nerfed,

6. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

After 10 games or so with Wind Runner I felt like I've improved a bit and want to learn/improve another support.
    I'll be reading guides and practicing my micro/jungle skills because I want to learn how to play Chen o Enchantress... or maybe something I've heard is easier, Visage.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

1st time randomed Nightstalker: Interesting play, but his daytime weaknesses hurt. I can see why he needs to ball out of control on day 1 if he doesn't want to fall behind.

A game after that with another friend: The more I play Dark Seer. The more I enjoy playing him. He's not a blatantly bullsh'it hero per se like Phantom Lancer or a fed Void, but he does so much through his utility in seemingly subtle ways that you'll wonder how the hell did your team get ruined by one hero. Wall really wrecks right clickers, even moreso with a stun/slow. Dark Seer is also really tanky with a Mek and Pipe; it's like I have a mini Heart on top of taking so much less nuke damage. I can easily see why he's such a stable and common pick for pro players.

8. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Visage is a bit harder IMO, it's more punishing to lose familiars and they have very little health. Then again I have a lot of practice with Chen and Enchantess so I'm biased. I've only played Visage vs humans like 4 times.

9. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

The thing about Chen and Enchantress that I don't think I can do yet is deal with 3+ creeps that do several different stuff. I'll give them all a try, practice a lot and see who I feel comfortable with the most.

10. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Got the whaleblade from the compendium immortal item thingy.
    Soooooooo awesome.
    Even changes torrent animation to add a whale in it.

11. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Won mid against Drow with OD, she was a level and a bit behind me. Once she got level 6 she went to other lanes where everyone was just as underleveled but insanely underfarmed and destroyed. I even warned them she was missing and to stay back. Our ganks were also terrible because of how underleveled/underfarmed the carries in my team were and I suck too much with OD to deal with more than one with little or no help. However, by the end everyone blamed me because I didn't stop drow... when I actually slowed her down and was the only one with decent farm, was I supposed to carry the whole game 1vs5 as OD? ._. Even the little things I did right, like saving 3 teammates by letting enemy Faceless Void survive was somehow a "mess up".

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

Eh, ignore them. That's just them not being able to look at their own faults in that game. In other words, they needed to stop sucking. In no way is OD supposed to be the one carrying the whole team to victory unless you were balling out of control. You warned them Drow was missing. They should've realized something was going to happen. Drow is honestly not too hard to shut down in comparison to other mid heroes. A well-played QoP/Puck/Storm Spirit is a much scarier mid hero to have missing due to their blink/fast travel speed.

13. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

I remember my first and only Anti Mage match being with spers. We got stomped bad because of my awfulness and I remember random people peaching at me for being terrible.
    This time the only SPer was Dusk, who did an awesome job babysitting and creating room for me to farm (the rest of the team too) and it makes me think that I finally have a clue of how to last hit/farm safely. Iwish I was better at last hitting, but I think it was a pretty average/decent time for my BFury. I feel happy, today I finally know for certain that I've improved.

14. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

Haven't played much lately but, collected all the new immortal items which makes the collector inside of me happy.

15. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

I got whaleblade
    I pineappleing hate Kunkka
    Immediately traded it on /r/dota2trade within an hour of their release for cauldron
    I regret nothing

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your cauldrons ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

16. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

You COULD have traded the whaleblade for 4 or 5 keys and gotten a cauldron for 2 keys easily.
    Or sold whaleblade on steam market for twice the price of a cauldron.

But well yeah, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your cauldrons ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    Took me a few keys to get all of them, but i'm satisfied with them all now, only thing i didn't like was the pot but i got it because i love collecting stuff.

Currently enjoying dendi streaming pudge myself.
    So hyped for the TI3 groupstage matches. I want to see how people fair against eachother, although as we saw last year, you can not always accurately use the group stages as a way to measure who will get how far.

17. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Finally won my first match in solo queue and random hero.
    So happy about it, especially since it was Shadow Shaman

18. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

He is a really really cool hero. I think his only down-side is being slow and squishy, but his diseables and his pushing abilities are awesome.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

That was a fun pub match; best Viper match yet in terms both GPM and XPM-wise. Those guys really loved to gank me hard at mid, but they essentially ignored the Anti-Mage (Words). Nice Earthshaker plays there, Dusk.

20. Default Re: How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition

I love getting those early game Fissure blocks. I think the last time I supported Words as ES we also got an easy first blood under our tower.