1. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

Default September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

Just want to see other peoples' thoughs on this.

Character creation ends September 3rd...I'm not saying we won't have a minor patch in August (some speculated a revamp to silent crusade), but most major patches tend to come the day after character creations are over. Since Xenon, Dual Blade, Mihile, & Cannoneer all end September 3rd, I can only assume that the KoC revamp will begin September 4th. I wonder if they'll release all 3 at once, or if they will do one class a week in September.

Either way it looks like I'm waiting at least 2 more months before I can play my Wind Archer

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

Not to sound like i'm putting you down or anything, but it's the same thought process for every patch, it stands to reason that the next patch will be the day after the end of all the events.

Doesn't mean it is the Cygnus Knight revamp though, we still have the "Battle Monsters League" content to be implemented so that will likely be the next patch after Demon Avenger.

I would actually be quite happy if Nexon held off on releasing the cygnus revamps until all 5 were completed in KMS. I'm sick of getting half of -whatever- content

3. Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

I agree. They need to hold off until all 5 are revamped. Look at how forgotten Mihile/Mikhail is over there!

4. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Evan NEEDS badly the Cygnus Link skills. Even if they are only 3. I want them to give us the 3 revamped Cygnus asap, so that my Evan becomes able to go bossing.

5. Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

Out of curiosity I made a poll on my website about this subject. Lets see how many responses I get.

6. Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

Well, after a week this is what I have.

7. Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

Blocking of KoC creation usually signifies that the next patch would be KoC revamp.
    Last edited by SoR0XaS; 2013-07-10 at 10:06 AM. Reason: wtp is wrong with me

8. Neon Atom Gay Male
    New_Jersey

Yeah you're right...I guess we'll see what happens when they release Demon Avengers for GMS. In other versions of Maple, Xenons were the last class to be released for the Unlimited patch and the Cygnus creation was blocked. If the Cygnus revamp is in fact what we're getting next then it should make sense that they'll be blocking the creation for GMS come July 24th.

*at least I hope so *

9. Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

MSEA already blocked KoC creation when Xenon was released. However, we still have Monster Life which would be the last part of Unlimited for us. According to my source, it starts at 17th July. Assuming that Asiasoft follows the trend of releasing new content per every 2 weeks, MSEA will have the first part of the KoC revamp at the 31st of July.

That, or if Asiasoft merges ML with KoC revamp. Though I doubt that, it would be a damn buggy patch.

10. Neon Atom Gay Male
    New_Jersey

Ah I see...welp I guess that sorta throws that theory out the window lol...I guess we'll just have to wait until July 24th to see what they decide to do in GMS.

11. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

If Nexon releases them in sections, players are more inclined to play each one as they're released, where as all together, we are more inclined to only play a few.

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Status resistance is kind of a major reason to play all of them.

Regardless, if they did it in sections it would still be a week or two in between vs the 1 month difference between releases KMS had.

13. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

Don't think the general population really care about status resistance, just things that beef up range i.e Xenon and Demon Slayer for BD.

14. Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

Okay, and after they get that range, they'll care about status resistance. Either way, status resistance is a must have for everyone.

15. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

It really depends on how GMS deal with RA glitches. None of those bosses require status resistance and their drops supersede Empress and CPB. Unless CRA is much, much more difficult than Empress in both skill and damage, I can't imagine many people will particularly care about status resistance anymore. If it's Monster Battle, I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens in KMS. The timing may mean they intend another simultaneous launch like Root Abyss which would be interesting.

I'm really looking forward to trying out a new character (revamped WA) and have already started preparations... As always we'll just have to wait and see.

In any case, I'm personally looking forward to WA and TB revamps since I already have those characters. My feelings about delays would depend on what content we get instead. If it's adventurer revamps a la RED, then I and the majority of the population would support the decision. If it's

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

RED isn't even half way done yet...

Status resistance is very coveted for high level bossing, and is one of the hardest stats in the game to accumulate a lot of.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

And how many of the general population do high-level bossing?
    Now that dying over 200 costs exp again, I see the people in my alliance that used to boss, shy away from it. Especially on those bosses that have death counts (i.e., are expected to kill you several times per fight) AND take away full exp when they do (isn't it funny how the old bosses like Zak and HT only cost 1% when you die, but the deadlier bosses are more punishing?). For example, Hard Hilla.

So, the few top bossers will want all the KoCs, but everyone else will just make do with the one they already have, or not bother at all (especially if they already have a Mihile for Empress' Blessing).

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

And how many of the general population wants to boss?

19. Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

I'd care about bossing if it were possible without tossing more money at the game every time a new boss happens. >_>

20. Default Re: September 4th: Knights of Cygnus Revamp?

And as limgoon has shown, sometimes it doesn't pay out as the newly released bosses don't actually have a drop table